Nature Coast Mustangs Nature Coast Mustangs website

I noticed I get clocked by FHP w/Radar

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/08, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed I get clocked by FHP w/Radar

at least 10 times more after I replaced the plain grill on my Bullitt with a GT grill , I would go back to stock but I like having the driving/fog lights,Helps me notice the deer on Stagecoach and 491.

Old 12/16/08, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

You are noticing more speed monitoring because police using radar, laser etc.. utilize highly reflective, nearly vertical surfaces to aim at, such as headlights, fog lights, license plates even the chrome pony.

If you can minimize those kinds of targets, it is more difficult to target your vehicle, and thus reduces the effective range of the speed device.

I understand why you have them on your Bullitt, but you get no style points though.
Old 12/16/08, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually they are all still looking for the mysteroiusly disappeared Redfire GT that use to regularly abuse those two specific roads. Urban folk lore has it that the two, the Redfire GT and the FHP, would regularly meet, and torement each other out there.......guess we'll ever know for sure.......

It is told however, that a very dark shadow, bearing a striking resemblence to the elusive Redfire, is frequently thought to roam those very roads. Even today!!
Old 12/16/08, 06:01 PM

HMMmmm..... I can allmost hear the FHP raising the radar detectors
Old 12/16/08, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Are you saying they count 4 lights and hit teh radar switch?
Old 12/16/08, 07:04 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A police officer friend mentioned to me years ago that you're better off driving w/out your fogs because they tend to indicate a higher end vehicle, more likely to be profiled for speeding by a cop. Yes, this was 10 yrs ago when fogs weren't as common on cars as they are now w/ all the SUV's/crossovers/etc, but this thread reminded me of him telling me about that.
Old 12/17/08, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Actually they are all still looking for the mysteroiusly disappeared Redfire GT that use to regularly abuse those two specific roads. Urban folk lore has it that the two, the Redfire GT and the FHP, would regularly meet, and torement each other out there.......guess we'll ever know for sure.......

It is told however, that a very dark shadow, bearing a striking resemblence to the elusive Redfire, is frequently thought to roam those very roads. Even today!!
Hey, Dave,

Don't forget that for a time you were not the only Redfire Mustang in Hernando County with those SHR louvers .

Keep a low profile, man.
Old 12/17/08, 02:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've noticed SCHP is clocking and pulling over more people lately, must just be a holiday/winter thing
Old 12/17/08, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I've noticed SCHP is clocking and pulling over more people lately, must just be a holiday/winter thing
Maybe they're up in arms about the earthquake in North Charleston, near Summerville.
Old 12/17/08, 02:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
That and an economy thing. With state budgets tightening up, they'll be more resourceful w/ opportunities to keep money coming in.
Old 12/17/08, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Flafyrman
at least 10 times more after I replaced the plain grill on my Bullitt with a GT grill , I would go back to stock but I like having the driving/fog lights,Helps me notice the deer on Stagecoach and 491.

I'll talk to you before Mustangshadow (Perry) gets a chance.

We meet every Friday night at the Wendy's in Homosassa Springs (about 20 miles north of SR 50 on US 19) from about 6PM until ... We'd like to see another Bullitt out there so Ol' Dave doesn't feel so lonely

Some of us also meet Thursday nights in the Belks parking lot near the Chick Fil A on 50 just east of Mariner Blvd. We'd like to see you there.

Karl
Old 12/17/08, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BULLITT INTERCEPTOR
If you can minimize those kinds of targets, it is more difficult to target your vehicle, and thus reduces the effective range of the speed device.

I understand why you have them on your Bullitt, but you get no style points though.
I'll give you style points, I like the fogs on the Bullitt.
The "miniz[ing] those kinds of targets" sounds good but doesn't work in the real world. A good cop knows how fast a target vehicle is traveling just by observing it. A speed detection device is used to confirm the officer's visual estimate of the target vehicle's speed. A stock Bullitt is no more difficult to clock than a stock GT.
Old 12/17/08, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by BULLITT INTERCEPTOR
You are noticing more speed monitoring because police using radar, laser etc.. utilize highly reflective, nearly vertical surfaces to aim at, such as headlights, fog lights, license plates even the chrome pony.

On there for functionality only,Not only deer but had a turkey fly out and hit the windshield of my truck on Stagecoach,It's not that I speed alot,Only had 1 ticket since I bought it in January '08 and that was before my Passport 8500 showed up

Last edited by Flafyrman; 12/17/08 at 09:45 PM.