Candy Apple Red Candy Apple Red 2008 Mustangs

2008 S-197 Gen 1 FORD MUSTANG Dark Candy Apple Red Picture Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/20, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Walter is the name given to Mr. Winchel in a old movie ... as well as Jeff Dunham's "old guy dummy", Thursby was the name of a part in the movie The Maltese Falcon, and Frankenheimer was just the first name that come to mind as a last name starting with an eff (F), I could easily have used Franklin or Fuchs or Foster or any of many others ... except Fl**d.

Just guessing there.

As Ethan Edwards said to Moses Harper in The Searchers ... "You get it Blankethead".

Happy New Years (and may it too have four seasons).

Last edited by tbear853; 12/31/20 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12/31/20, 10:12 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
For what it's worth, the initials in my name are RMP and I'll just leave it at that.
Old 12/31/20, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
For what it's worth, the initials in my name are RMP and I'll just leave it at that.
Well, I knew they weren't WTF ...

Last edited by tbear853; 12/31/20 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12/31/20, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853
Well, I knew they weren't WTF .
Wrong again, Slick!

Oh, see, I thought "WTF!" was maybe your initials followed by maybe a code for "esquire"?
Once again, straight from your very own words lol.

Old 12/31/20, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Headrest Angles

I forget when I did this, maybe was about 2015-16 when I had a lot going on. After getting the Mustang, one thing I especially hated was the head rest angle and the way they forced my head forwards so my chin was might near on my chest ... not quite but too close for comfort especially on longer drives. So I did the bend mod to set them more upright. Hugely more comfortable we think. I forgot to take a before picture, but I borrowed one to compare, maybe it was here somewhere? The pictures are from slightly different view angles, and the before picture has the headrest up higher off the seat where as mine has it down all the way, but it shows the change reasonably well.
Old 1/2/21, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

01-02-2021

Took the Mustang out for a ride today, was warm enough, Car run dang near perfect, still has that nip if hurried from 1st to 2nd if attempted cold, but a mile of use, it's fine. I checked the tires before we left but about 20 miles out, ... "BEEEEEEP" .... it was a low tire warning. I pulled over to look, all standing up well, but these tires are large enough they can be a few pounds low and still carry a pony.

I turned to leave and was somehow instantly reminded of a wreck here in the '90s. Two guys in a Mustang were going west about midnight, they were found in the demolished car where the circle is. The driver was virtually unscathed but the passenger was hurt bad enough to go straight to hospital asap.

Driver said he was going the speed limit and that a deer run out. I found where the car ran off I-64 west bound into the median before he even got to guard rail intended to prevent this wreck, traveled behind the guard rail in the median until there was no bridge, he then cleared Rt 60 hitting the far side and then the heap of crumpled Mustang fell down to the roadway. It was a miracle that either one survived. I told him where he started, I even took him up there in my police car to show him as I looked and he said "Wow?, I was booking wasn't I?". I told him there was no doubt in my mind but that he was laid out, he then said he maybe fell asleep. I asked him how he saw a deer then.

The passenger went to the ER with Rescue ... and I took the driver over there after I cleared the scene. I was halfway expecting the passenger to be 10-7 at the hospital as he was some messed up ... but he made it. Some wrecks you just never forget, others you think you'll recall ... then they fade?

In case my post is confusing, I was just reminiscing here, no other reason, no complications, and I did it to post another picture of our 2008 Dark Candy Apple Red Mustang GT.

Be careful all. ... HAPPY NEW YEARS too!

Note, no posts were wasted making this post.

Last edited by tbear853; 1/5/21 at 10:18 PM.
Old 1/10/21, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Edit 011014:Picked up the new "keyless entry number pad" from my local Ford Dealer today, lady in parts dept made me a good deal ..... just waiting for warmer weather to install .... inside the gas door I think. ... etc ...
Just thought I'd post, it's still working as long as one puts the right number in. I've been thinking I might soon need to use a Dremel and open it up to put a new battery in it, reseal with some stuff ... but such has not been needed yet. Today is 7 years. I forget the number (have 4 number pad numbers to recall, so every once in a while this one escapes me) but it's recorded in a place well hidden from common observation. Mounted inside the gas door vertically, clears cap fine if I park the cap handle horizontally.

Also, bought some bronze bushings for the shift linkage, When it dries and the snow goes away, I'll get them put in one afternoon but here's a link to a thread:
Bronze Bushings at Shift Link experiences? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
and I'll save a link to a transmission lube thread here too:
TR3650 fluid: My experiments in wishing for better shifting from this thing. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums .

Last edited by tbear853; 2/8/21 at 10:18 PM.
Old 4/6/21, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Pulled the cover off, cleaned her up, ready for Spring '21 finally. Played with the shifter lever, repositioned it, got some bushings to put in yet and that hill holder LL. 34,234 miles.

The following 2 users liked this post by tbear853:
Bert (4/6/21), houtex (4/6/21)
Old 4/6/21, 04:13 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Pulled the cover off, cleaned her up, ready for Spring '21 finally. Played with the shifter lever, repositioned it, got some bushings to put in yet and that hill holder LL. 34,234 miles.

Nice glad you woke her up!
The following users liked this post:
tbear853 (4/6/21)
Old 5/3/21, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sunday drive.

So Sunday, we took the Mustang for a ride down to the cemetery where my parents are burried. Was a beautiful day too, and my parents are in the Mountain View Cemetery over on Grassy Hill Road that is in Franklin County in the Blackwater area, where the real events depicted in the movie "Lawless" took place back in the 1930s. I know the movie is pretty accurate as I heard the tales as I grew up in the '60s, I knew some of the people in their later years, even related to a couple that were gone before I arrived. Anyway, was a nice drive, we even did some antique shopping.

Old US Rt 220 is called Grassy Hill Road, runs from Rocky Mount almost to Boonesmill where it goes into "new" US Rt 220.

I had set the mileage, etc. Car swears it delivered an average 29.6 mpg. We went easy on it.

I also made the loop of Rocky Mount, The "Hub" drive in dates to the 1930s anyway, in the very early '50s was where my Mom and Dad shared their first milk shakes. In earliest years it was much smaller with dirt / gravel parking. I remember it being smaller, but it had pavement by time I took notice,.

You're asking "why is he putting up picture of dumpster?" now. This is on what is known as "Grassy Hill", up on old US Rt 220, and back in the very early 1950s, those trees were not there. It was a wide pull off parking place once, even had a couple picnic tables as I recall ... with a tremendous view of the town below, my Mom's Sister first told me about it, then one day Mom pointed it out as we passed going to visit Dad's grave. They used to go up to look at the lights, before they got married and moved to Texas, before I came along.

Just thought I'd share. We put about 160 miles on her.

Old 5/4/21, 10:11 AM

The cemetery most definitely has a very peaceful scenery without question. Meanwhile, thanks for sharing all those awesome images
tbear853 (5/4/21)
Old 5/4/21, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank You Sir!

I almost didn't post them thinking "there is no Mustang in them", but it was such a nice ride, I relented and then did post them.

Last edited by tbear853; 5/4/21 at 05:51 PM.
Old 6/17/21, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looking for ideas today as it's such a nice day to go ride, looking at some pics, found these two. It was another beautiful day, can you tell it was in West Virginia?

If you ever see one of these while traveling, pretty good food stop, at least ours is.
I think I recall being told they tend to follow rail roads,

Jaryd21 (6/20/21), m05fastbackGT (6/17/21)
Old 6/20/21, 09:15 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
That is one winding section of road... Nice, like the classic photo in front of the diner.
tbear853 (6/20/21)
Old 7/5/21, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, July 4th was a gorgeous day here, we took us a ride, looked at some antiques at Roanoke. After Covid these last 15 months or so, was fun. I discovered I didn't like the previous shift mounting set up, so I revised it today.
Hurst short throw problem - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

I did get a fair picture there in the lot, then we took a long way home up 220 through Botetourt & Alleghany Co. My first time seeing this station was November 1981 as I was following my new First Sgt. up to my area assignment for 3 months field training before the basic academy, where I met my wife too. That was the first week of November, 1978. I think it was a different brand then, but I then took the same hood shot picture from my '67 Chevelle SS 396. .My First Sgt was driving a brown '78 Plymouth.

Last edited by tbear853; 7/6/21 at 02:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by tbear853:
Jaryd21 (7/6/21), m05fastbackGT (7/9/21), shaneyusa (7/7/21)
Old 7/6/21, 02:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
Very nice glad you were able to get out on the 4th and enjoy the day and reminisce. Great back story. Thanks for sharing the pics and your service.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaryd21:
m05fastbackGT (7/9/21), tbear853 (7/6/21)
Old 7/6/21, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jaryd21
Very nice glad you were able to get out on the 4th and enjoy the day and reminisce. Great back story. Thanks for sharing the pics and your service.
Thank you.... It was funny, I was but 24, starting a new career, single, and the Trooper I was assigned to ride with for field training before basic ... well his wife worked at a bank ... and they both kept telling me I needed to meet a certain girl that used to work there at the bank with her, but had left to work at the local DMV. I met a couple others there in that county, but the Trooper would warn me off (and I'm glad he did) , said they were gonna have us both over for dinner to meet.

I waited until I had just 5 weeks left I was only gonna be there 3 months, and so one day I just went to the DMV and waited in line to say "Hi, my name is L** W****n , I'm supposed to meet you at a dinner" ... I real soon had a date for iced cream that night, and a few months later we were engaged, and after basic we got married. We came back to the adjoining county in '81, still here too. She was a secretary at our office here for a few years.

In car stuff, I maybe fixed my gripe with the shifting of this Mustang, She had replaced the floor mats, but not really. She had really just covered them. I found a rolled up mat under the clutch pedal in the dark depths of my floor, it shifts 100% better now. The hook in the carpet is missing, gonna order one.
Floor mats - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
No, I never mentioned it to her because I still can't figure how I didn't notice it when I was adding the clutch pedal extension block ...... but I doubtlessly did. I wash the cars, but she likes to do vacuuming, etc inside.

Last edited by tbear853; 7/6/21 at 07:46 PM.
m05fastbackGT (7/9/21)
Old 7/6/21, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
That's great to hear good stories like yours. And also about things we all over look and like to slap our foreheads about lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaryd21:
m05fastbackGT (7/9/21), tbear853 (7/8/21)
Old 7/9/21, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Missed Vana tonight.

Yeah, I missed her tonight. Was out after a storm cooled things, sky's looking better, late sun casting long shadows and had told Wife I would wash both the Mustang and her Forester after both had been caught in showers earlier this week. Wife comes out after 7:30 to tell me how good Vana's blue number with sparkles fit and moved tonight. I guess I just will take her word for it ... said the shoes looked nice too. She did help me dry them both when ready. I use a small electric pressure washer for rinsing as it does something to my water that leads to less spotting issues and usually I can dry one spot free if I don't let the water sit too long.

Jaryd21 (7/9/21), m05fastbackGT (7/9/21)
Old 7/9/21, 05:26 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Looking good!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
Jaryd21 (7/9/21), tbear853 (7/9/21)

Quick Reply: 2008 S-197 Gen 1 FORD MUSTANG Dark Candy Apple Red Picture Gallery