Candy Apple Red Candy Apple Red 2008 Mustangs

08 GT/CS on the floor at Crossroads Ford, Cary NC

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/07, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 GT/CS on the floor at Crossroads Ford, Cary NC

If you live in the Raleigh NC area and you're wondering what candy apple looks like in person, Crossrads Ford just got in an 08 GT/CS vert in candy apple with black/dove interior. It's also got cloth top, sirius, HID's, and ambient lighting. The 08's also have a 3.5mm input in the armrest for an mp3 player. Pretty friggin' sweet. The color looks very nice in my opinion, but under the fluorescent lights it doesn't look much different from Redfire maybe with a little more depth. I'm glad it doesn't have the Shaker 1000, cause I'd be tempted to go buy it.

I'll try to stop back by and update this thread with some pics.
Old 7/7/07, 12:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! I'd really like to see some pics. Especially in the sun!

Are you sure it's an 08 though? I thought the factory was closed untill July 12th and then they start making the 08's?
Old 7/8/07, 12:37 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's definitely an 08.

I was in there yesterday b/c I got a letter talking about some ridiculous deals and 0% financing, so I stopped by to see what they had. I was walking through and thought it was just a regular ol' redfire until I sat down in it and noticed an extra button (for the floor lights) at which point I realized it had the ambient lighting pkg. Unfortunately I can't get any pics in the sun b/c the car is inside. So unless I go buy it, which I'm seriously considering , the only pics I can get are inside under lights.

It has all options except Shaker 1000, which I have in my 05 and I LOVE. If it had Shaker 1000 the car would be in my garage right now, waiting for the clear bra guys to come work their magic so I could drive it. If I get a new one it definitely HAS to have shaker 1k. The dealers around here never order it for stock, which I understand, but still... I have it now and I can't live without it. Yeah yeah I know I can do aftermarket better and cheaper, but I like it to be under warranty.

On a side note, it's too bad you can't get Nav with Shaker 1000. What's up with that? And what's up with no spoiler dellete or premium trim pkg on gt/cs? Ford can be so stupid sometimes.
Old 7/8/07, 08:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, that's good! Maybe they'll have some Candy Apple red Mustangs around here pretty soon to look at!

Could you get a pic of it in the showroom? I'd like to see what it looks like!

Or maybe just go buy it!

Also, are they offering 0% APR on this 08 GT? That would be great!

Originally Posted by jtmears
It's definitely an 08.

I was in there yesterday b/c I got a letter talking about some ridiculous deals and 0% financing, so I stopped by to see what they had. I was walking through and thought it was just a regular ol' redfire until I sat down in it and noticed an extra button (for the floor lights) at which point I realized it had the ambient lighting pkg. Unfortunately I can't get any pics in the sun b/c the car is inside. So unless I go buy it, which I'm seriously considering , the only pics I can get are inside under lights.

It has all options except Shaker 1000, which I have in my 05 and I LOVE. If it had Shaker 1000 the car would be in my garage right now, waiting for the clear bra guys to come work their magic so I could drive it. If I get a new one it definitely HAS to have shaker 1k. The dealers around here never order it for stock, which I understand, but still... I have it now and I can't live without it. Yeah yeah I know I can do aftermarket better and cheaper, but I like it to be under warranty.

On a side note, it's too bad you can't get Nav with Shaker 1000. What's up with that? And what's up with no spoiler dellete or premium trim pkg on gt/cs? Ford can be so stupid sometimes.
Old 7/8/07, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I have a Shaker 500 in my 05 GT and it does good for typical auto sound. If you really want an audiophile sound system its seems to me that you would go after market and not care about the system in that car. I am an audiophile type person but I am not that interested in high end car systems. Now my home system is another matter! To me if you like the car that much you should buy it and install a better system if you desire. Judging by the car you describe, it probably has a Shaker 500. That should keep you happy for a while until you upgrade it.