Search this Thread

Old 6/13/07, 10:13 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Shelby GT500 Super Snake Pix!

Old 6/13/07, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy C R A P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/13/07, 11:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Holy C R A P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/14/07, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow!! That D*nm Car looks amazing!!!! That thing seriously looks BadddAzz!!
Old 6/14/07, 12:47 AM
GT Member

Now thats what I call a Carroll Shelby influenced vehicle,...very hott! I WANT IT, NOW!!! VERY VERY NICE! DROOL!!!!!!!! I like the hood scoop even better than the KR,..OOO YEAAAA!!!!!!!
Old 6/14/07, 01:01 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm.. a bit disappointed.
not sure what's different, but i don't like this hood as much as i like the KR hood!

and i thought this will use the KR still hood pins, unless i've misunderstood Amy..

EDIT: now i see it.

Attachment 27919
1) KR hood had a visible notch here that cut the scoop in half
2) hood pins are the retro style, same as those on the CS6/GT-H
3) heat extractors aren't part of the hood, they don't sit flush.
4) the scoop edges aren't rounded
5) not sure what's going on there
6) no SHELBY lettering here?

i understand this is the SuperSnake and not the KR.. but from what i've been told by Amy and others, this hood was to be a very close replica to the KR hood

Amazing car nonetheless!
Attached Thumbnails Shelby GT500 Super Snake Pix!-kr-vs-ss.jpg  
Old 6/14/07, 06:11 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought the stripes would end at the hood scoop. I don't understand the rear window plates. Rear windows should be unobstructed. The hood pins are better on the KR and as I have mentioned before, for this kind of money the hood should be carbon fiber. For the same money I would rather have the KR, not that one will be able to get a KR for under $80,000. JMTC
Old 6/14/07, 06:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I just ruined my pants.

Old 6/14/07, 06:26 AM
Bullitt Member

WOW! and I mean WOW!
Old 6/14/07, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Definately in the Shelby Style. Nice how the hood is molded into the front ram air and left wide open. The profile appears to have a higher camber as well. That is going to be one intimidating car on the streets.
Old 6/14/07, 06:58 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

i really wish i could see it from your point of view Linda.. after all this wait i'm kinda broken hearted :' (
Old 6/14/07, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by G.T
i really wish i could see it from your point of view Linda.. after all this wait i'm kinda broken hearted :' (
Don't be. In being a Designer and Architect by Trade, the lines of this hood and it's function are quite superior. Albeit it is different than the KR Hood; - in my knowledge of design, it shall be a nice looking piece. May I suggest to take a look at one in person first, prior to ruling out having it.

The one characteristic not favoured by me, is that it may be produced in Fiberglass. Now, knowing how each one shall exist, I would be inclined to choose the SS over the KR for function. In the appearance, it would be an undecided between the two.
Old 6/14/07, 07:10 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

i have first hand experience with the Shelby Fiberglass hood..
i've spent over 1000 dollars and 40 hours trying to make it fit, then fix all the waviness everywhere to get the reflections right.

that aside.. i could probably live with the SS hood if it came with the KR heat extractors and pins, cuz i could mold the front scoop splitter myself.
Old 6/14/07, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by G.T
i have first hand experience with the Shelby Fiberglass hood..
i've spent over 1000 dollars and 40 hours trying to make it fit, then fix all the waviness everywhere to get the reflections right.

that aside.. i could probably live with the SS hood if it came with the KR heat extractors and pins, cuz i could mold the front scoop splitter myself.
+1 That is a lot of expense and effort. IMO, with the skill and tools, as the correct permissions, perhaps in your perspective, it may be best to have one custom made of Carbon Fiber or one of the composite as upcoming on the Factory KRs.

I have actually considered that myself in having connections with companies that make CF hoods and other parts. It takes to paint much better than the Fiberglass and fitment is very good. Have had several custom pieces made for underhood of my Roush in Carbon Fiber and planning on the same for the other car too. A hood, now, even with waiting for them to take the time, it would cost around 3k though.

A Member here with a RKSport Ram Air hood on an 05 (it is an early produced one by RKS and is real nice);- almost did that one but the issues you refer to with the waviness and paint finish issues kept me away from it.
Old 6/14/07, 07:33 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

to be honest i even considered having one custom built.
but being all the way in Dubai doesn't help

i don't understand why Shelby won't sell the KR hood.. everything has a price right? :S
You know that CS6 hood cost me $1100 USD to ship, and it landed here broken in 3 places.. it took weeks to get it back in shape.. even then it didn't clear my stock engine..
last month it didn't clear my whipple either so i had to mutilate the bottom layer and rebuild half of it.

i'm starting to think i will be sticking to my hood.. till Shelby reconsider their decision about not selling KR hoods :\

Old 6/14/07, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I know they cant sell those with the illegal, non reflective
taillight covers on them etc so what else is not true about it???? It looks great though. I just wish that when they send out pics it will actually be what you see and not what you get. Is this a Cervini hood modified??It sure looks like one.
Old 6/14/07, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful, but like GT im a little dissappointed. I was hoping for functional scoops in the rear three quarters. Doesnt look like that will be the case. Also personally I am not a fan of the blacked out tail and headlights. But thats just me. Despite all that I am still drooling.
Old 6/14/07, 08:20 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Wow, I am speechless really. The looks of this car is the first shelby to really make me say "oh my god that is awesome". Its menacing and just plain mean looking. I'm in love with every aspect of it, with exception to the wheels, need something different IMO.

That first pic gets me everytime.
Old 6/14/07, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

IMHO the blackout treatment for the headlights, taillights, rear qtr windows, etc only works on a car with black stripes. e.g. I think it will look out of place on a White w/Blue Stripes Shelby.

In Red it looks menacing enough, but I'd prefer scoops for the rear qtrs and none of the blackout treatment. I'd also like "SHELBY" on the leading edge of the hood. I'm not sold on the "Super Snake" in front of the rear tires. I wonder if I'd feel different if I saw one in person.

btw - I'm partial to White Shelbys with Blue stripes...

600hp is nice. 700 is nicer, but no warranty.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 6/14/07, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

That does look sick!

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Pix!