Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

SEMA SHOW 'N SHINE 07/24/10 Pasadena, CA, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/10, 11:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEMA SHOW 'N SHINE 07/24/10 Pasadena, CA, U.S.A.

I attended the SSS last Saturday which is a micro version of sorts to the SEMA event up in Las Vegas, NV. The Show ‘N Shine is a fundraising event, with proceeds benefiting two children’s charities: Childhelp and Victory Junction Gang Camp. The car show will be held in conjunction with the 3rd Annual SEMA CARES Pinewood Drag Races, which is also a fundraiser benefiting the two charities. More info here>

I didn't participate last year and I actually forgot about this event. As a coincidence I had to work in Pasadena that morning and as I drove by the Pasadena Civic Center I saw all these cool cars pulling into the building. So me being the curious SOB that I am sneaked in and I was able to get some shots. Link to last years show>

So this year I decided to attend what the heck the funds go to two kids charities. So I arrived at 7:30 a.m. and shortly after parking you really feel the pressure of being around so many great custom cars. I mean there are cars so clean they just blow your mind obviously many cars were trailered in because they don't have a speck of dirt on them. My mission for this event was just to be in the company of some nice cars and more so chit chat with other car geeks and hopefully see some beautiful girls to share on TMS!

Below are some pictures from the show and some commentary to make this more interesting enjoy...

Chip Foose was the Grand Marshall to the show. Each time I see Chip I respect him more and more apart from being a designer extraordinaire he's a great guy. Always posing for a pictures with people, letting kids sit in his car(s) the man even cleaned his own car in the morning I saw it and complimented him on it!

Chip signed for 4 hours straight that's pretty amazing today and the line was non stop!

The hall was packed with cars I think around 150 entries were allowed.

Tom aka "Fontech" was able to get us access with the SEMA press to go up in the ceiling to take some shots from above. Tom has that golden tongue and could sell snow to the Eskimos. Thanks Mathew for allowing us up The ROUSH crew enjoyed that special view!

This is Tom's stang I'm sure you've seen it on some of my past posts. It was great to spend some quality time with Tom at the Yardhouse talking cars and stuff.

This is one of my favorites the red FORD truck! Looks like modern power in there!

Big variety of cars...

This girl Natalia was such a sport posing for us a real nice gal This alone made the show worth going too for me!

By the end of the day I think I walk the show about 25 times! I got to chat with a lot of people that just love cars and like to be around other car geeks. I don't know how it happened but I ended up winning this...

The award comes with a opportunity to show the car at the LAS Vegas SEMA Show. So the story will continue, again I very grateful especially being the company of so many great custom cars. For me all I wanted was to hang with other car geeks, this event exceeded all my expectations!

Here's a link to more>

Last edited by JedCranium; 7/30/10 at 02:15 AM.
Old 7/29/10, 03:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
As always, great pics Jed!
Old 7/30/10, 06:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts

mmmmmmmm

and Thanks for the pictures
Old 7/31/10, 10:28 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn

mmmmmmmm

I said the same thing!

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 8/3/10, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the pictures Bill, we had a great time
Old 8/4/10, 12:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey Rick good to hear from you are you going to the Santa Monica Shelby show? I'll give you a CD with your HiRes pictures.

Jed
Old 8/4/10, 01:15 AM

Yes I will be there, already signed up and ready to go, You should come to SAAC with us,there will be a lot of girls waiting to have there picture taken. oyea cars also )
Old 8/13/10, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

nice pic's! **** those cars are amazing!