Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

car shows

Old 6/27/15, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car shows

guys and gals, haven't spent a lot of time in a search but is there info in here about car shows in your local area or even in your state ? something interested in checking out plus interested in meeting other mustang owners, beside conversing with fun people in here, I like this program with all it's features and forums very much.
-Corey.
Old 6/27/15, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check out this web site. It has pretty detailed listings by State.

http://www.carshowfinder.org/
Old 6/27/15, 12:08 PM

awesome, thanks for the help.
Old 6/29/15, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I do not enjoy shows near as much as just cruise-ins. I just like to hang out and talk about cars, not be judged by someone who has buddies with cars there that seem to get the trophies.
Old 6/29/15, 06:06 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I do not enjoy shows near as much as just cruise-ins. I just like to hang out and talk about cars, not be judged by someone who has buddies with cars there that seem to get the trophies.
I attend more cruises than shows, but I like 'em both. Shows usually attract different cars than I'm used to seeing at regular cruises. I don't enter shows expecting anything. I'm far from a trophy ***** although I've won a couple of awards, none of which I felt were deserved, but I'm not giving then back either.

Most shows I attend are run by well organized and long established car clubs who recluse themselves from having their cars judged, so they tend to be very fair.

Here's another car show/cruise site that's pretty good:

http://carshowsafari.com/search/even...EA95CD4329357B
Old 7/1/15, 08:06 PM

that's cool to, i didn't think of that for cruise n around with others, i'd like that to just need to find them in SoCal Inland Empire area, really appreciate the ideas, thanks.
Old 7/1/15, 08:14 PM

Tom, great site thanks fore the info. -Corey
Old 7/1/15, 08:17 PM

oh not to be judged in the car shows but about seeing other cars
Old 7/2/15, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by coreyplant
oh not to be judged in the car shows but about seeing other cars
I enjoy both, but if you want to be judged, try to go to shows where MCA rules are used...otherwise it turns into who spent to most money on their car...not who should win due to love, care + enjoyment.
Old 7/2/15, 10:17 AM
FR500 Member

I was fortunate enough to have won two first place awards at judged shows since last August. Both shows had distinct classes...in my case it was Modern Muscle 2010-2015...and the judging criteria was simple: cleanliness and attention to detail.

My first award last year came out of left field. There were about 13 cars in my class, and the judges went over the cars with fine tooth combs. Windows had to be closed, hoods and deck lids open, trunks, glove boxes, and storage compartments empty. Convertible tops had to be in the up position.

The Dodge Challenger (which I would have picked), took second to my car. According to the judges after the event, both his and mine were equal, so they had to find something, anything, that set them apart. The Dodge's engine compartment was total chrome bling and it sparkled, mine was more low key but detailed just as well. His bling made no difference. It was about detail, not "wow" or how much was spent on each car. They selected mine because I cleaned out the inside of my exhaust tips, and that little bit of extra effort gave me 1 measly additional point.

Even if I came home empty handed, I would have felt the judging was very strict, specific, unbiased and professional.
Old 7/5/15, 03:05 PM

that was a good ruling then,great for you Tom gives you a feeling of pride to know others appreciate what you like and admire.
Old 7/5/15, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its hard to find a car show that plays buy the rules and is fair a lot of them make the rules up as they go. I put my 09 in a lot of shows so I have seen a lot of crazy stuff go down. I don't mine getting bet but when the club that's having the show have there own members cars in the show and there doing all the winning, than something is wrong, and all there friends win no matter how there car looks some don't even wash there car.. So I understand how some guys may have a bad felling about car shows.. I check out the car shows that I enter my cars into very closely, car shows should be fun win or loose.....
Old 7/6/15, 07:01 AM
FR500 Member

It's best not have expectations. If it's trophies and awards you're after, then a newer Mustang isn't for you. Either is a new Camaro, Corvette, or Challenger. Cars like ours are a dime a dozen.

Get a 60's muscle car, resto-mod, classic 50's, or a hot rod. That's what gets noticed and what most folks come to see....myself included. It's why I attend so many shows and cruises.

Don't misunderstand me....I enjoy entering my '14 GT 'vert. But the most I expect is a primo infield parking spot and space to plunk down my lawn chair and cooler, and watch the cars and girls go by.
Old 7/6/15, 01:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Wow! Cleaning the inside of the exhaust tips. I really don't need another car OCD issue. I have enough thank you.
Old 7/6/15, 03:52 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
Wow! Cleaning the inside of the exhaust tips. I really don't need another car OCD issue. I have enough thank you.

Hey, I was bored!!!!

Normally I wouldn't have done that. But I got to that show very early, did my final touch up detailing and I ran out of things to clean. I don't even know why I did it....I'm **** about my car but not that ****. Turned out to be a tie breaker and I snagged some nice hardware. I mentioned it to some Mustang friends, and now they're cleaning the exhaust tips before a show!!!!
Old 7/7/15, 11:01 AM
GT Member

A couple of years ago (2010) I went to a very high class event in southern Florida. I took my 2004 GT (custom painted black bottom, silver top, red pinstriping, all cleared lights, 2001 cobra front bumper cover, magnaflow high-flo cat/cat back, Cervini hood, etc. etc. I took third place in Daily Driven class; I lost out to 2 new Cobras with less than 3,000 miles on them and both of those guys were in the sponsoring club. My GT was judged first-in-class 5 times in a row by MCA judging rules. One time I received a +1 on my judging sheet and that judge was the National head judge (MCA judge, Steve Silverman) ) for my class. So when I received a third place to cars that should have not been in my class...I don't go to many shows unless the MCS rules are used. Otherwise get used to losing out to the local yokels.
Old 7/7/15, 06:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking This week near the MA border in NH

New Hampshire Mustang Club
Sunday 7/12 – MUSTANG MANIA – Budweiser Plant, Merrimack, NH
8:30 AM To benefit The Animal Rescue League of NH
7-12-15 Budweiser flyer.pdf
Old 7/7/15, 09:20 PM

You did it because you have pride in what You drive and that's sets You apart from the others, right there with ya, many of us want our cars to stay looking new and nice and pretty, shiny, I do.
Old 7/7/15, 09:22 PM

Yes, understand sometimes there is favoritism going on
Old 7/7/15, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by karman
New Hampshire Mustang Club
Sunday 7/12 – MUSTANG MANIA – Budweiser Plant, Merrimack, NH
8:30 AM To benefit The Animal Rescue League of NH
Attachment 172525
KARMAN, I know that area, I'm from R.I. been up to N.H. many times have family there in Tuftonboro, Chichester, Concord, Londonberry, (brother & sister lived up there)
been in R.I. for 21 years, now in So-Cal for the last 25 years.