Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

TSB

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/13, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB

Is it just me or what? I can't get the any of the TSB's to open. My "new to me" totally stock 07 has a hard time taking gas.
Old 1/21/13, 05:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I tried it just now and it wouldn't open for me either. Here's a link to one on another forum.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-tsb-list.html
Old 1/24/13, 06:42 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Steve,
welcome back to the Mustang world gonna put a blower on this one too?

07 shoulda had the revised tank, John(05GTOCD) fixed his 05 by dropping/blowing out the condensation in his breather system under the trunk...mine only did it twice(below freezing) think Johns was a cold weather issue too...mine hasnt done it since new, but it had sat for at least 2 weeks empty before I got it, in cold weather...after the second fillup, its never done it since- but the first two were bad, both times it blew gasoline out the side of the car and all over me...careful filling up.
think if enough moisture builds up in the 'trap' like hoses, and especially if it freezes, the far side of the tank cant vent, and it starts belching gas back out the filler... I'll see if I can find a link...
Tim

edit- heres John's thread:
https://themustangsource.com/f739/fu...advise-462079/

Last edited by ford4v429; 1/24/13 at 06:54 PM.
Old 1/25/13, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
Steve,
welcome back to the Mustang world gonna put a blower on this one too?

07 shoulda had the revised tank, John(05GTOCD) fixed his 05 by dropping/blowing out the condensation in his breather system under the trunk...mine only did it twice(below freezing) think Johns was a cold weather issue too...mine hasnt done it since new, but it had sat for at least 2 weeks empty before I got it, in cold weather...after the second fillup, its never done it since- but the first two were bad, both times it blew gasoline out the side of the car and all over me...careful filling up.
think if enough moisture builds up in the 'trap' like hoses, and especially if it freezes, the far side of the tank cant vent, and it starts belching gas back out the filler... I'll see if I can find a link...
Tim

edit- heres John's thread:
https://themustangsource.com/f739/fu...advise-462079/

Hi'ya Tim. I don't plan on s/c, but I didn't plan that once before
It is so great to be back in a Stang again. You have the right idea, a back-up new one for when needed. The 05-09 is the one to have as far as I'm concerned.

Ya, I don't know what's up with this tank, if anything. Probably operator error. At least I was able to fill it when I slowed the flow way down. Not right though. Same gas station I've used on all Stangs and other cars. I'm going to try antoher station just for heck of it next tank. (and read the link you sent)