Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Tire wear issues

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/15, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire wear issues

So the interior side of my tires on my 06 GT are wearing out fast. Any ideas why? It's like they have negative camber but never modded. Also I've never replaced the shocks.
Old 6/20/15, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Tire wear issues

I'm not saying anything about you, but I'm a big dude and I've learned that this is one consequence of slightly exceeding the maximum weight rating on cars.

So if your alignment is correct, check how much stuff you're carrying. Also the alignment should be done with a half tank of fuel, I'd imagine that if done with less, or if you fill up all the time (I.e., never get below a half tank), this might happen over time as well.
Old 7/5/15, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check the Alignment and front end linkages ASAP.

I had one once where I had a little fender bender less than 5MPH no damage to either vehicle. But about 2 months later I got tire wear on the inside edges.
Old 7/5/15, 09:54 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could be a million things. What tire brand and mileage? Also do you know when the last alignment was done? The cars have slightly negative camber stock which is good for handling but worn suspension components can exaggerate it that plus tire pressure or cheap compound tires and you have a recipe for excessive wear. Is it just one end or all the way around?