Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Shaker 500 - muted sound (one time)

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/07 | 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Shaker 500 - muted sound (one time)

Tonight I got in the car after several stops, and the Shaker 500 radio almost had no volume. I pegged the volume ****, and could barely hear it. This was an AM station broadcasting a baseball game, so I assumed there was a problem at the station end, but then I switched stations, and it was the same. So I flipped to FM, and still barely any sound at all.

I turned off the radio power, turned it back on, and it was okay.

I hope this was just a one-time thing, since it never happened before. Is this a known issue?
Old 4/9/07 | 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Someone else on here had that same problem, but it too went away after turning off the radio. Don't know, as long as it doesn't keep doing it, no problem.
Old 4/10/07 | 07:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
Tonight I got in the car after several stops, and the Shaker 500 radio almost had no volume. I pegged the volume ****, and could barely hear it. This was an AM station broadcasting a baseball game, so I assumed there was a problem at the station end, but then I switched stations, and it was the same. So I flipped to FM, and still barely any sound at all.

I turned off the radio power, turned it back on, and it was okay.

I hope this was just a one-time thing, since it never happened before. Is this a known issue?

Are you sure that you did not accidently hit the "Mute" button? Did you try to push the Mute button to see if full volume would return?

Mark

Mark
Old 4/10/07 | 10:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

nope this problem happened to me too, i am the one that posted up the thread, i do not know how but i washed the car then took off and the radio was dead and my shaker 1000 subs did not want to work, i even raised the volume all the way and still nothing, i could barley hear anything, i drove on the expressway doing atleast 70 and then the radio kicked in FULL blast so i am guessing water got into the fuse box or something and it dried up but this has only happened that one time, i am still cautious though and make sure not to spray to much water near the passanger side wiper
Old 4/11/07 | 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

It used to happen to me when I had my 05 GT about once a month, but it has yet to happen eith the 07 GT/CS and it would only correct itself after shutting power off then on & sometimes twice to get it back.

Just heard on news today HUGE RECALL ON ESCAPE engine fires ?