Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

NEW TPS TB AND ACTUATOR MOTOR...DIDNT WORK.

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/11, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW TPS TB AND ACTUATOR MOTOR...DIDNT WORK.

i had been reading up on my issues with my car alot lately and came to the conclusion of replacing my tps to fix it. Well the issue seemed to be when i basically used the throttle i would get a bog down and an awkward sounding rattle for a split second and the car would just continue on until i let off the throttle...then it would proceed to rattle for about 2 full seconds once i released. It seemed to me like tb or tbs issues so i replaced my entire tb system with motor and tps...still getting the rattle and bogg down...my next assumption is the pcm but im looking to have ford diagnose it this time...anyone else have this problem ever? Seems kind of like a problem that comes with age on the car...
Old 1/25/11, 01:08 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With your mods you need nothing more than a stock TB.
If you replaced it with an aftermarket one or race one you might run into probs.
Many do.

You really should have taken it in to be diagnosed in the first place.
Unless you are an expert.
Many people that don't know much about cars spend money they don't need to
on guessing what problems are and then replacing parts that don't even need to be replaced.

You can find opinion after opinion on what might be wrong with the car if you look online. Unless it is just an obvious fix then you are going to run into more frustration trying to self diagnose it by reading over the net than you are just taking it in.
And you may end up paying alot more just by like I said... replacing parts that don't need to be replaced.

Take it in... get it diagnosed. Stop guessing.