Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Need Your Help - Lights disappear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/08, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Your Help - Lights disappear!!!

Hello, need your urgent help!!!

I lost totally rear brake lights and turn lights - no flashing nothing – front is working ok but there is hyper flashing, the middle rear brake light is working ok, the rear lights are ok. I was thinking that it is a fuse but I look on Mustang GT fuse guide and can not find any fuse responsible for that signals and rear brake lights.
It looks there is no separate fuse for those lights. I guess only that the problem is with Light Control Module – but where is that? do you know? I can not find it?

I am from Europe I can not go any service as they are not keen in Mustangs. I get good electrician but we do not know where is the fuse or where is that Lighting Control Module.

Please help.

P.s. Do you know maybe where to get the Mustang GT electric diagram?
Old 3/29/08, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does sound like a fuse, and I believe on most US cars the brake lights have a fuse for the two main lights, and a seperate fuse for the center high mounted brake light. If that one works, and the two main lights do not, it is most likely a fuse. Check the fuse box and just start pulling fuses until you find one that is burnt out.
Old 3/29/08, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

The problem is I have checked all the fuses under the hood and inside on passenger side as well and all are ok. I am looking the guide and I can not find any description for fuses with word ‘Light’ on it. There is only one that maybe could be. It is on passenger side called ‘Brake On/Off (BOO) Power’ but it is ok.
The electrician suggest that the ‘Lighting Control Module’ could fail that is why the front Signals are hyper flashing now. But where the hell is that module???
Old 3/29/08, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I am serching internet for that module.

This is what I found so far - unfortunately no answer

" 06 Pony package, 20k miles. Bought it for my daughter. Our problem is her left rear turn signals wont work. The four ways or hazard lights work. I can't find any fuses for the turn signals and the owners manual mentions a Light control module, I can't find it... Any help? Yes I seached to no avail."

Where the hell are you Mr Light control module?

Other info
http://www.fordforums.com/f547/light...problem-62581/

Other Ford car but similar broblem - the reason was multi function switch - Anyone know where is it in Mustang?

Last edited by seabiscuit; 3/29/08 at 12:50 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Before you panic too much , check your ground connections first . The rapid flash may indicate a ground back-feed through the system .