Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My Shaker 500 is now an expensive clock.

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/08, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They haven't replaced anything yet. They tried to "resusitate" the Triptunes module but that didn't work so they have ordered a new Triptunes module. The Shaker 500 (with factory Sirius) was working fine until a few days after the Triptunes Advanced install...so I think the dealership is on the right track. In the meantime, though, I'm tooling around with a dead radio with a clock function.
I'll give it another week before I prod the dealership into simply restoring my radio function while I wait for a working Triptunes module. [Hey, that "free" six month Sirius subscription is ticking away!]
Old 3/30/08, 03:09 AM
V6 Member

I bought my '07 GT in Aug of 06. I drive a LOT (already have 45k miles on it). At 38k miles, the CD player broke (some of the teeth on a gear broke). I couldn't play any CD's and it wouldn't eject the ones in the 6-CD unit. No extended warranty. So I had to go to an aftermarket DVD, Nav, Bluetooth. I liked the look of the Shaker, but the new unit is MUCH better.
Old 4/15/08, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

My radio is working again. The problem was a shorted wire in the Triptunes wiring harness. The dealership replaced the Triptunes module and the harness. The repair was covered under the parts warranty.