Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Killer squeak in ragtop

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/07, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck...hope my experience helps...
Old 11/4/07, 10:28 PM

Sorry, guys. I was in South America over the past three and a half weeks (Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina and Brasil), so I had to cancel my appointment for another try by my dealer to find, and correct, that f*&^%$g awful squeak from the right-rear seating position when the top is down.

I told them to reschedule me for the spring, but I said to note my disssatisfaction with their attempt at "repair". I have decided not to focus on the squeak during the time I have left to enjoy my ragtop before I have to put it away for the winter in a few weeks' time.

BUT, the dealer (and the factory) will have to deal with it in the spring. And I will fix the factory's failure, before my warranty is up in June 2008 and I will report back to you all.

I love this car! Except for the squeaks. I ordered it exactly as I wanted it. But, if I could, I would send a cuff to the back of the head of whoever approved this latest Mustang (especially the convertible) as shake-free and squeak-free and ready for the public in early '05.

You guys at the factory had so much time to get it right ..... Hau Thai-Tang: you should have argued more strongly for quality at the expense of a few hundred dollars in MSRP. I'd have paid it for sure not to have to deal with these after-delivery problems.

Sincerely,

Craig M. Lee
Mustang owner going back to a new 1969 Mustang coupe (red with black) when I was a teenager.

Other Fords bought new: Pinto 2-litre, '71 Mercury Meteor 4-door, Mercury Monterey 2-door, three F-series pickups (71, 98, 2000 super-cabs), '89 Taurus wagon, 2001 Focus XTW wagon (still have it, because Ford won't sell me another Focus wagon in 2008). I influenced family to buy Sable wagons, Crown Victorias, Lincoln Town Cars and Mercury Marquis Broughams.
Old 11/10/07, 06:55 PM

Since I've got back a week now from S. America, I must say I've been loving driving this Stang again.

Of course, that's after being in clapped-out third-world taxis in Cusco, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires and Rio. And the roof's been up most of the time, though the windows have been down a lot. And I'm thinking with regret about putting it into storage for the winter soon, so I'm cutting it some slack.

Anybody else have any success dealing with these infuriating squeaks?