Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I got a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/06, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a load of $%@#$%. Your equity in the car should be transferred to the new loan. I hope your attorney can straighten it out.

Buyers be ware. I understand that the lemon law in TN may only apply to purchases made in the same state as registeration. In other words, if a buyer bought the car in TN and lives slightly south in MS, the law won't apply. The law doesn't totally favor the consumer.
Old 1/5/06, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by VintagMustang302@January 5, 2006, 10:41 AM
Well Ford found out a way to screw me on this deal. They informed me that they charging me 20 cent a mile and deducting that off the MSRP price of Mustang.

Which means I'll be paying 1500 over MSRP for a new Mustang. I asked them about the 4 grand I put down on the car when I bought it and they said I’m not getting that back.

So lets see they took my 4 grand. That’s gone. Charging me 1500 over MSRP for new Mustang that I now have to finance. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me. Guess I'm going back to the drawing board and have to call back my lawyer.

Thanks be to Ford for such a great buying experience. Buy the way your product is outstanding too.
That can't be right. The money you paid for the original car should be applied to the new car sold to you at the same price.

The mileage thing - in some states if you go over X number of miles, they can do that under the law. Forget exactly what that is, think it's 10K, may be quite a bit less elsewhere.

Keep fighting it. Good luck.
Old 1/8/06, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I can't get out of the miledge thing according to my attorney. I'm looking at ony 18,600 MSRP. I thinking of just getting a Fusion with the same options as my stang and just breaking even.

After that selling the car after a few months or so. Maybe I'll like the Fusion I'm getting married soon maybe a better bet to get out of sports car while I have a chance. The Mustang has left a very bad taste in mouth. I'm starting to like the new Fusion looks. Hopefully it will hold up allot better then the Mustang.
Old 1/8/06, 08:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Wholly !@$#&! I think I'll copy all your post print them and send them in with a survey they sent me asking if this is what I may expect in future days to come! I am really saddened to here now this kind of Bunk. I'm in Canada mind you so maybe if they communicate across borders they'll get the point ! :angry: :angry:
Old 1/8/06, 09:27 PM
GT Member

I would say you need a better lawyer. The dealership's repeated failure to repair your car should consitute some kind of breach of contract and the I would push for the mileage they are wanting to charge you for being dated back to the first time you took it in for one of the problems they have never repaired.
You really should get the full purchase price back to be applied to the purchase of a new vehicle. It seems you have been making payments on your new Mustang only to be driving rentals of a lower caliber and greatly inconvenienced. If you have a local news program that tracks experiences like this, you might be ahead of the game to go to them. A bit of bad publicity goes a long ways towards getting cooperation out a dealer or even Ford. 15 or 20 lost sales would cost Ford and/or your dealer a lot more than taking care of you in an ethical manner. I know 'ethics' is not a word that many people know in business today, but "PR Nightmare" can be a valuable tool where there are no ethics in play.
Old 1/9/06, 04:23 AM
Cobra Member

It may just not be worth it to the lawyer.

What did you pay for the car, what are they giving you toward a new car, and how much mileage is on it?
Old 1/9/06, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I paid $19,700 for the car. It has 5500 miles on it and they are charging me 20 cent a mile for usage. That comes out to be like $1100 and $18,600 to get a new car. So if I get a new Mustang it would have to be with less options or I have to tack on the 1100 to my payments.

I'll just get a Fusion with the same options since it's worth less then the Mustang and break even.I'm not going to be paying the same payment for a striped out Mustang. I'm sooooooo done with all this garbage. I'll just get out as soon as possible selling the Fusion in a couple of months and never look back at Ford again. If a car comany can do this to me once they can do it again. Sorry but life is too short to give people money to be treated this way.

I just hope the Fusion lasts past 20 miles unlike my Mustang.
Old 1/10/06, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Why do you even have to accept another Ford, especially one that you don't want? If you take a Fusion, it might not hold it's resale value as well as the hotter selling Mustangs. You might be worse off if you don't plan on keeping it.

Can't you just get your money back and take your business elsewhere?
Old 1/10/06, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by VintagMustang302@January 9, 2006, 9:02 AM
I paid $19,700 for the car. It has 5500 miles on it and they are charging me 20 cent a mile for usage. That comes out to be like $1100 and $18,600 to get a new car. So if I get a new Mustang it would have to be with less options or I have to tack on the 1100 to my payments.

I'll just get a Fusion with the same options since it's worth less then the Mustang and break even.I'm not going to be paying the same payment for a striped out Mustang. I'm sooooooo done with all this garbage. I'll just get out as soon as possible selling the Fusion in a couple of months and never look back at Ford again. If a car comany can do this to me once they can do it again. Sorry but life is too short to give people money to be treated this way.

I just hope the Fusion lasts past 20 miles unlike my Mustang.
That sounds completely wrong. Of course it varies from state to state, but you, not your lawyer, had better check the state laws. Usually it's only if you go over 10K on a lemon car can they prorate mileage. You've gone around 5500 from your numbers.

Check your laws.
Old 1/10/06, 01:13 PM

I cant beleive you have gone through all this, you are a more patient man than i would ever be. If possible i would take my business elsewhere. Dont settle for something else. Sure hope the 06 i ordered is trouble free.

Joe
Old 1/10/06, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Why do you even have to accept another Ford, especially one that you don't want? If you take a Fusion, it might not hold it's resale value as well as the hotter selling Mustangs. You might be worse off if you don't plan on keeping it.

Can't you just get your money back and take your business elsewhere?
Hate to say it guys but the Mustang is filling used car lots everywhere. people are trying to get out of them. Try just going to carmax.com and see how many are in their inventory. I shopped around dealerships and they won't give me jack for new 06 Mustang. I thought they were just trying to screw me out of a hot car so they could tun it around for money but it's true. There are like 3 to 4 2005 Mustangs sitting in every used car lot here in Charleston. They can't give them away. They only ones that I've not seen are GTs. They seemed to be holding in value or don't have as many problems. I can't afford to go up to a GT so I'll go down to a Fusion.

There are still Mustangs sitting on the lot that were there when I bought mine in August. They are even starting to give incentives on them to move the inventory. Sorry to say it but the Mustang has some really bad quality control issues. I feel that getting in to diffrent car and selling it later will be the best move.

I don't feel the Fusion will depreciate in value as much as the Mustang. I'm also reading alot of mainstream articles as to the effect of the Mustang being worst reliable in it's class. The dealers already know this the consumers are getting tired of taking their car back to the dealership.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that your car sucks you can look at the issues pages on this forum to make up your mind on that. I hope all of you don't have any issues with your cars and that they are a thrill to drive. But as for me I'm not taking a chance with having to take back my Mustang to the shop over and over again. The 06 models have the same issues if not more then the 05s I.E. gas fill up issues and what not. I have friends who bought 05 Mustangs and all of them have had major problems one a member of this site.

He is so desgusted with the whole ordeal he won't even mention the word Mustang. He traded it in on a Toyota Tocoma and has not had problem one from his new truck since he got it. As for his stang it went back to the shop 3 times in the first month he had it. The dealership was giving him a run around about fixing it and even messed it up worse (diffrent dealership). Instead of taking my route and fighting it out he just traded it in when he saw what was happings to me. He never got everything that was wrong with it fixed. Pitty the poor sucker who buys that lemon. Kind of wish I did the same now.

Don't get me wrong I Loved the Musatng I have restored 2 66 Mustangs and a 67 Thinderbird. I have been a Ford man my whole life. This was my first New Ford and it burned me bad. I may restore an old one again but my next new car after getting out of this mess will be a Toyota.

To answer your question Ford has a choice according to my State lemon law to give me a new car and I pay for the mileage used or give me back my money with the less mileage used. Ford decided to just give me a new car. Well I have to take a new Ford. Might as well be something I can sell or maybe even enjoy. Could be worst we didn't even have lemon law a few years ago. I would be really screwed in that case.
Old 1/10/06, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well here is a safe Pony to buy ! even plays the lone ranger tune
Old 1/10/06, 08:58 PM
GT Member

:bang: In Ford's eyes they have beaten the little guy one more time. Your situation is an extreme example of poor customer service. At the very least I would make sure your experience is well publicized. There are cars in my town where people have gotten raw deals and they drive around with signs in their window stating " screwed once again by ***** " You can even put a web site address on the sign and post your story stating nothing but the facts at that site. I don't believe there is anything Ford or the dealer can do as long as you only state the documented facts as you've told them here.
You never know, Ford may rethink their stance or at least the dealer may decide to help you a little. Their profit on the first car and all the warranty repairs has probably been substantial and it seems they could at least sell you the new Fusion at cost.
Old 1/11/06, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

I just read this entire thread. I hope this isn't the problem I have with my 06 GT. Did your car vibrate or bounce? Mine vibrated at first. After 3 visits and multiple dynamic balance tries they decided to replace an out of spec tire. When they removed the tire it had 3-4 ounces of water in it! That was my vibration problem. The car still bounces on concrete highways, so bad I can't drink my coffee and have trouble hitting buttons on the stereo. They won't let a tech drive with me and say it is the road not my car. Waiting for friend to get his GT and compare.
Was yours vibration or bouncing up and down?
Old 1/11/06, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

My vibration you can feel every where in the car seats, sterring wheel, stick shift, and in the dash. You get up to 60-70mph and stay there it will drone untill you lower your speed or go faster then 75 mph.
Old 1/11/06, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

I think one reason you might be seeing a lot of V6 Mustangs is the rental fleet returns. I believe Hertz rents Mustangs, and the market gets flooded with many rental models after they accumulate about 15-20k miles. This really hurts the resale.

I doubt the GTs are more problem free, but rental companys probably don't get the V8's and as a percentage of the total Mustang sales, you'd be less likely to see them on used car lots anyway.

Whatever car you get, I hope it is problem free! I'm not saying Hondas are problem free, but they don't sell to rental agencies and this keeps their value up.

I've gotten rid of 2 cars in the past that couldn't be fixed before the lemon laws came into place, and one of them was a Honda.
Old 1/11/06, 01:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yup they get V-6's keep for a year then they loose them to make room for next years modle also they usually do not keep them to rent in the winter months.
Old 1/12/06, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Man I can't beleve this has dragged on this long. It's been 3 weeks since they told me I was getting a new car. Well guess my luck is not getting any better I came down with Chickenpox so I can't leave my house for 7 days.

Even if I get the call today I can't go get my new car untill I get over this illness. Sometimes I really want to break something.
Old 1/12/06, 05:01 PM
FR500 Member

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, at least its not chicken flu. Maybe you should go to that dealership and give those people a hug, "spread the love" - let them know you care.
And Ford wonders why its in trouble...
Maybe you can use this time to design a bumper sticker for you next (non-Ford) car. One example I saw was about a Mini Cooper - it read: "Mini Pooper - small car, big problems" My friend knows the guy, who stuck it on his BMW he got after he got rid of the Mini... go figure!
Old 1/12/06, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, at least its not chicken flu. Maybe you should go to that dealership and give those people a hug, "spread the love" - let them know you care.
And Ford wonders why its in trouble...
Maybe you can use this time to design a bumper sticker for you next (non-Ford) car. One example I saw was about a Mini Cooper - it read: "Mini Pooper - small car, big problems" My friend knows the guy, who stuck it on his BMW he got after he got rid of the Mini... go figure!
I thought about that but I guess that's what separates them from me. The compassion for other human beings. If I did that then I would be no better then them.

Quick Reply: I got a Lemon