Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I got a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/05, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you. You deserve a new vehicle after all the BS!
Old 12/22/05, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I'm happy to see that Ford gave you a new one. You find a lemon once in a rare while but its always good practice to make amends with the customer.

Best of luck to you on your new one.

Andy
Old 12/22/05, 12:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad it worked out! Post pictures when you find a new one!
Old 12/22/05, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Great news!

Hopefully they give you a GOOD one this time!
Old 12/22/05, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Alright.. and Merry X-Mas...Glad to see Ford did the right thing..I hope the New one is Perfect..So you can be as happy as the rest of us..
Old 12/22/05, 11:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey just got home from work and it sounds sorta like things are looking up, don't forget to mention all the pain & suffering as well time off so as they can Maybe feel bad and toss in say the first four services on your vehicle, now you may have to settle for a bit differnt but they mostly all Great ! Congrats and please show us some pictures when you get it. Ed
Old 12/22/05, 11:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!! Now, since you had so much pain and suffering I would have them upgrade you to a GT model! or possibly even a GT vert!
Old 12/23/05, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome to hear that everything worked out for you. I hope you enjoy you're new mustang. Let us know how what you get. Tell them you need a GT500 for all the inconvenience!!! :drive:
Old 12/23/05, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Congratulations. I have to say I'm surprised they decided to give you a new car without forcing it to court after giving you so much grief.
I hope you're going to a more reputable dealership for your replacement; it would be a shame for the original dealer to make more money off your problem.
Old 12/23/05, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Hey Michael glad to hear the news. Well I don't know if you have been on my thread lately but my nightmare just begun. I just posted my complaint with the BBB today. My Stang broke down for the 4th time on me the other night, total breakdowns 6, 2 with the service mgr. Well anyways the service advisor said today that it is a buyback, and they have been nice about it all, but they have to go thur the steps of the process, so hopefully with the dealership on my side it will go alot quicker. Also Louisiana has a little bit better lemon law. So keep your fingers crossed mine works out soon also. And once again congrads!!! Glad you are getting a new Stang.
Old 12/27/05, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea post some pics.. Sorry to hear bout all the hassle..:$ Glad to hear it was all resolved in the end..
Old 12/27/05, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Congratulations!

You've been through a lot of grief, and hopefully the new car will be perfect!
Old 1/1/06, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by tammijoe@December 23, 2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Michael glad to hear the news. Well I don't know if you have been on my thread lately but my nightmare just begun. I just posted my complaint with the BBB today. My Stang broke down for the 4th time on me the other night, total breakdowns 6, 2 with the service mgr. Well anyways the service advisor said today that it is a buyback, and they have been nice about it all, but they have to go thur the steps of the process, so hopefully with the dealership on my side it will go alot quicker. Also Louisiana has a little bit better lemon law. So keep your fingers crossed mine works out soon also. And once again congrads!!! Glad you are getting a new Stang.
Our Consumer Protection Act is one of the best in the US here in Louisiana. I'm sure Ford & the dealer will do the right thing by you because when the Attorney General gets involved thru his office, the costs are severe -- not just in money, but the newsletter carries the names of companies that have been ajudicated as "anti customer". If you've not already done so, check the website for LA government and be prepared to contact them if problems arise. Wishing you the best for 2006 especially in replacing the "lemon".
M-73
Old 1/3/06, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Well Ford told me they where sending me a credit to go pick up my Mustang but it's been 2 weeks. Man I don't think they like me at all.
Old 1/3/06, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Humm It ought to be interest bearing ! :angry: after all if you borrowed any of it are you not being nailed for it also ? ----- ( Peter )-----
Old 1/4/06, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

No it's probably like income taxes the government takes it from you and if they take too much they just give it back with no interest. But yet I borrow a dollar from Ford it had interest tacked all over it. They are trying to make me pay for miles I used on the car. I don’t feel I should pay anything. I tried taking the car back at 20 miles on it but they kept making me drive it until a part came in. That is the only reason it has 5k miles on it now.

I don't think I have ever had such a miserable buying experience and bad customer service from anyone one in my life. You would think if Ford were trying to break it's bad quality image they would at least be a little bit nicer when their defective car breaks.

Well they are going to ruin a generation of buyers with that type of attitude.
Old 1/4/06, 08:56 AM

In most states (including Tennessee) they can only charge for use based on when the problem was FIRST reported. So, whatever miles you put on it between delivery and that 20 miles.

You may want to find out how SC does it, but that is how most states are.
Old 1/5/06, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Well Ford found out a way to screw me on this deal. They informed me that they charging me 20 cent a mile and deducting that off the MSRP price of Mustang.

Which means I'll be paying 1500 over MSRP for a new Mustang. I asked them about the 4 grand I put down on the car when I bought it and they said I’m not getting that back.

So lets see they took my 4 grand. That’s gone. Charging me 1500 over MSRP for new Mustang that I now have to finance. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me. Guess I'm going back to the drawing board and have to call back my lawyer.

Thanks be to Ford for such a great buying experience. Buy the way your product is outstanding too.
Old 1/5/06, 08:40 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its terrible that they won't go the extra mile to keep their customers satisfied. That's what got them into this mess in the first place.

I'd definitley contact your lawyer again.
Old 1/5/06, 10:49 AM

Yeah, I would call too ... They should just swap out at this point, especially since you had issues from Mile 20.

Quick Reply: I got a Lemon