Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Help...engine failsafe mode

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/06, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help...engine failsafe mode

Hey guys, my car has been acting really strange lately. The idle had been fluctuating all over the place and the car would rev at idle to 2-3k rpms. Well yesterday it went into failsafe twice and the check engine light came on. I read out the codes from my Predator and I got these 3:

P0507 Idle Air Control RPM higher than expected
P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Limited Power
P2135 Throttle Position Sensor

I flashed the car back to stock for what will probably be an impending trip to the dealer, but has anyone had experience with these codes?
Old 6/11/06, 07:31 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Heres a TSB that lists P2106 & P2135 codes:

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...4-04wrench.pdf

You might need a new Throttle position sensor...
Old 6/12/06, 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i got the failsafe thing last night too. i also have a blower though. mine is related to cruise control and the tune im told.
Old 6/13/06, 08:32 PM
V6 Member

Well, I got my car fixed today, but it was definitely a challenge.

I took it to Ourisman Ford in Bethesda yesterday...This was a complete nightmare. After reading out my codes and knowing that the TPS was defective as the codes matched exactly the ones in the TSB, these guys tried to blame my car's problems on the K&N intake that I had installed. They said that the intake had sucked up dirt and damaged my entire throttle body, and wanted to charge me 700 dollars for a new throttle body and 200 dollars on top of that for the diagnostic work. Needless to say I was less than pleased. After getting in a huge argument with the service manager and pulling the Magnuson-Moss warranty act card on them, they finally let me limp home with my car.

It is to be noted that I removed my K&N later that night and took pictures of the mass air flow sensor, and throttle body, and there is not a speck of dust on either.

Today, I took the car to Tysons Ford in Fairfax, VA. The service was great. They were respectful, no questions asked when I told them what was wrong. I dropped off the car before work today, and 2 hours later they had replaced my throttle position sensor under warranty, and also left me a message that my "exhaust sounds nice". I got there, the car runs better than new and they charged me nothing. Nothing but good things to say about Kip Killmon's Tysons Ford. The same can not be said for the guys in Bethesda, MD.
Old 6/13/06, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well I guess dealers are like fingerprints; there is not one that is the same
Old 6/14/06, 07:43 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Glad you got it taken care of.
Old 6/22/06, 11:39 AM
GT Member

I hate the ripoff artists! My car went into failsafe driving home yesterday, followed by nice check engine light. Had to get the throttle body assembly replaced ($177 - but covered under warranty). Luckily its close enough to my 5k checkup so I just had them change the oil and rotate the tires. Still worrysome that I haven't even had my 2006 for a year or 5k miles and I'm already bringing it in. The guy at the dealership said this was common around this mileage.