Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Gotta love the end of the warranty... NOT

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/11, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta love the end of the warranty... NOT

Funny how when you only have 1200 miles of warranty left, the dealership "can't find out what's wrong" when the repair is warrantable. I guess giving it back to me, likely to break down at any moment while driving is the best course of action... RAGE
Old 12/13/11, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
whats it doing?
Old 12/13/11, 06:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Document the problem while it's still in warranty, document (w/ Ford or your dealer) the complaint, the mileage, and the date.
Old 12/14/11, 06:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Document the problem while it's still in warranty, document (w/ Ford or your dealer) the complaint, the mileage, and the date.
Already done, unfortunately now i have to basically break it for good to get it fixed...
Old 12/14/11, 06:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
whats it doing?
Was basically dying. But doesn't always happen
Old 12/14/11, 07:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by muscledom
Funny how when you only have 1200 miles of warranty left, the dealership "can't find out what's wrong" when the repair is warrantable. I guess giving it back to me, likely to break down at any moment while driving is the best course of action... RAGE
Already done, unfortunately now i have to basically break it for good to get it fixed...
Hey muscledom,

Please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, the full concern you're experiencing, and contact info so I can escalate this for you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 12/14/11, 10:48 AM
I lust for a M24

Was basically dying. But doesn't always happen
Manual? Do the RPMs drop when you push in the clutch, fall below 500, and stall? Any mods like a K&N type filter where you may have a dirty throttle body?
Old 12/14/11, 03:45 PM
Banned

Manual? Do the RPMs drop when you push in the clutch, fall below 500, and stall? Any mods like a K&N type filter where you may have a dirty throttle body?
Yea it's a 5 speed. That doesn't happen, it really only happened that one day. The previous owner put a k&n on it, I'll check the tb. Thinking it was bad gas. Since I picked it up from ford today I have been BEATING THE **** out of it and she hasn't said no yet haha
Old 12/14/11, 05:12 PM
I lust for a M24

I'd take Dyesha up on her offer to properly remedy the situation, but if things don't work out I'd clean the MAF sensor with MAF specific cleaner, and the TB with TB specific cleaner. (Don't use carb cleaner or anything like that) If the prior owner over-oiled a K&N type filter, the oil can get sucked in and mess up the MAF sensor or dirty the TB. If the problem's gone, then all the better!
Old 12/15/11, 10:30 AM
Banned

I'd take Dyesha up on her offer to properly remedy the situation, but if things don't work out I'd clean the MAF sensor with MAF specific cleaner, and the TB with TB specific cleaner. (Don't use carb cleaner or anything like that) If the prior owner over-oiled a K&N type filter, the oil can get sucked in and mess up the MAF sensor or dirty the TB. If the problem's gone, then all the better!
Yea I'll definitely clean it out. I'm thinking it was bad gas. Hasnt had a hiccup since... Gonna add some more fuel stuff on my next tank
Old 12/15/11, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the K&N filter has been previously cleaned and oiled id def clean the MAF sensor. the oil used on the filter can sometimes mess with the MAF sensor and cause the type of problem your describing. simply buying a $6.00 can of cleaner and spraying the sensor might solve all your problems. its done the trick for me a few times actually. that d@mn filter oil is a PITA! usually causes problems when you spray too much of it on the filter after cleaning it.
Old 12/15/11, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I'll definitely clean it out. I'm thinking it was bad gas. Hasnt had a hiccup since... Gonna add some more fuel stuff on my next tank
usually you can see if the TB is gunked up just by removing the intake tube and looking straight into the TB itself. if you see ANY black crud on the bottom directly under the 2 circular plates, its time to clean that sucker. makes a WORLD of difference when it is nice and clean too. i know by experience hahaha. my car was cutting out BIG time so i checked the TB and it was so unbelievably filthy. after thoroughly cleaning it, it felt like an entire new beast! best of luck
Old 12/15/11, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hear hear! I second Slip on this one. Clean the TB! I changed my battery and after I did so the car had a wildly flucuating RPM range. At idle in neutral my RPMs would go up and down like a **** pogo stick! I posted about it and 2 members both quickly jumped in to help me with ideas. I followed both of their suggestions as well as reading Houtex's post on how he cleaned his TB and MAF and it worked. My Sophia now pulls like an animal, at idle my RPMs are solid and steady even when I turn everything on in the car. (a/c, rear defrost, etc.) I went with CRC Air Intake & Throttle Body cleaner, CRC Mass Air FLow Sensor cleaner, and threw in a bottle of SeaFoam Fuel system cleaner for good measure. Knock on wood but my '05 purrs like she is brand new.
Old 12/16/11, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slipnotovk

usually you can see if the TB is gunked up just by removing the intake tube and looking straight into the TB itself. if you see ANY black crud on the bottom directly under the 2 circular plates, its time to clean that sucker. makes a WORLD of difference when it is nice and clean too. i know by experience hahaha. my car was cutting out BIG time so i checked the TB and it was so unbelievably filthy. after thoroughly cleaning it, it felt like an entire new beast! best of luck
Yea man next time I get a chance I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tips man!
Old 12/16/11, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
Hear hear! I second Slip on this one. Clean the TB! I changed my battery and after I did so the car had a wildly flucuating RPM range. At idle in neutral my RPMs would go up and down like a **** pogo stick! I posted about it and 2 members both quickly jumped in to help me with ideas. I followed both of their suggestions as well as reading Houtex's post on how he cleaned his TB and MAF and it worked. My Sophia now pulls like an animal, at idle my RPMs are solid and steady even when I turn everything on in the car. (a/c, rear defrost, etc.) I went with CRC Air Intake & Throttle Body cleaner, CRC Mass Air FLow Sensor cleaner, and threw in a bottle of SeaFoam Fuel system cleaner for good measure. Knock on wood but my '05 purrs like she is brand new.
I'll have to grab those cans then. I think my problem was bad gas. Added seafoam to the bad tank and also to my last tank. She hasn't said no yet =D