Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Gas tank recall

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/07, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas tank recall

ok so a dealer here says my girlfreinds car was made after the dates, so her tank is good. but she still has the filler problem. She can't go past 12 gallons without the thing stopping. What was the recall dates and what is her build date. i can't find a decoder to decode this vin.
Old 6/6/07, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anything built on or before 4/26/05 may exhibit problems with the fuel tank.

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...ill%20slow.pdf
Old 6/6/07, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks..her car is not covered in the recall but her tank still has the filling problem
Old 6/7/07, 05:16 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by tricksixtyfive
thanks..her car is not covered in the recall but her tank still has the filling problem
LOL!! Of course!! You think Ford wants to eat 5 billion dollars in defective gas tanks?

They got a business to run.. The business plan states to acknowledge the recall, and replace maybe 50,000 tanks nation wide.. Then sweep it under the rug...

The actual documentation noted more the 100,000 tanks in circulation.. But that would be foolish to replace all those tanks.. LOL!! Dont you just love capitalism..... Its killing us!! Really!! Its killing our beloved Country!

Look at the oil companies! If they can rape, pilfer and pillage our citizens, then of course Ford can screw over a few meazly V6 owners... LOL!!

pil·fer (pĭl'fər) Pronunciation Key
v. pil·fered, pil·fer·ing, pil·fers

v. tr.
To steal (a small amount or item). See Synonyms at steal.

v. intr.
To steal or filch.

pil·lage /ˈpɪlɪdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pil-ij] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -laged, -lag·ing, noun –verb (used with object) 1.to strip ruthlessly of money or goods by open violence, as in war; plunder: The barbarians pillaged every conquered city. 2.to take as booty. –verb (used without object) 3.to rob with open violence; take booty: Soldiers roamed the countryside, pillaging and killing. –noun 4.the act of plundering, esp. in war. 5.booty or spoil.
Old 6/7/07, 09:29 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Then move to Venezuela and give Hugo Chavez a hug for me

communist
Old 6/7/07, 12:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealer hasn't heard anything bout it but he is running my vin.. I owned my car before 4/26 so lets hope i qualify it is aggervating tryin' to fill up
Old 6/7/07, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

There is NO RECALL! There's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB). There's a difference. The S197 has had ZERO recalls that I know of.

A more expensive import, the Infiniti G35, had this same problem and had a TSB for it as well.
Old 6/7/07, 03:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MSP
LOL!! Of course!! You think Ford wants to eat 5 billion dollars in defective gas tanks?

They got a business to run.. The business plan states to acknowledge the recall, and replace maybe 50,000 tanks nation wide.. Then sweep it under the rug...

The actual documentation noted more the 100,000 tanks in circulation.. But that would be foolish to replace all those tanks.. LOL!! Dont you just love capitalism..... Its killing us!! Really!! Its killing our beloved Country!

Look at the oil companies! If they can rape, pilfer and pillage our citizens, then of course Ford can screw over a few meazly V6 owners... LOL!!

pil·fer (pĭl'fər) Pronunciation Key
v. pil·fered, pil·fer·ing, pil·fers

v. tr.
To steal (a small amount or item). See Synonyms at steal.

v. intr.
To steal or filch.

pil·lage /ˈpɪlɪdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pil-ij] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -laged, -lag·ing, noun –verb (used with object) 1.to strip ruthlessly of money or goods by open violence, as in war; plunder: The barbarians pillaged every conquered city. 2.to take as booty. –verb (used without object) 3.to rob with open violence; take booty: Soldiers roamed the countryside, pillaging and killing. –noun 4.the act of plundering, esp. in war. 5.booty or spoil.
I think we all know the definitions and how to pronounce Pilage and Pilfer. Thanks though.

Originally Posted by dustindu4

communist
Old 7/2/07, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just made an appointment for Thursday to have my fuel tank replaced... Coverred under warranty... As I learned (from glancing at the service lady's printout), my car was built on 12/17/04...
Old 7/2/07, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dustindu4

communist
Old 7/2/07, 04:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
There is NO RECALL! There's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB). There's a difference.
Shhhh... Don't let the secret out.

Recall, tsb, or neither, it should be under warranty (mileage, etc).