Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Ford trying to deny my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/07, 11:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go to a different dealer. I had a dealer in tucson try to void my entire extended warranty because they did not want to find a rattle in the suspension on a friday. I got a little hostile on the phone with the service manager and he told me my mods (eibach pro kit) caused the rattle. I told him that he would have to prove that, and in the process he would most likely find the rattle anyway. He realised it was not a very good argument and had them do the work. it turned out to be a muffler hanger....

yeah....lowering springs really play hell with muffler hangers....

fight it, or go to a different dealership.
Old 4/19/07, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Martimus
The challenge with retaining a lawyer is that the stealership can likely better afford the legal posturing and litigation that may follow. If you really want to hurt them where they live, consider contacting one of the local TV station investigative reporters. The reporter will contact the dealership to ask questions... and the thought of having less than flattering information about the dealership broadcast on the 6pm news MIGHT be enough to get the GM to reconsider.

Of course if the dealership subscribes to the "any news is good news" philosophy all this will likely do nothing other than cost you time, money, and potentially get you blackballed from doing business with the dealership. And under the circumstances (and assuming there is another dealership in your general neighborhood) that doesn't sound like such a bad thing.
Typically dealers are set up with the best law firms available in the area(pretty much guaranteed).