Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

That crazy wub wub wub wub wub wub sound

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/08, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That crazy wub wub wub wub wub wub sound

Took my car in for the front end noise and the crazy wub wub wub wub wub wub sound coming from the drive shaft (I think). What the hell is it. My dealer says they can't find anything. The noise is anoying when your on the highway. Anyone else dealing with this wub wub wub wub wub wub sound??
Old 4/9/08, 07:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Ive got it in a jeep, dunno what it is though
Old 4/9/08, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I've changed hanger bearings that have made strange noises under different weather conditions but usually it's a squeaking noise. Did the dealer check to see if you have a tire that may be starting to get a belt separation? You can jack the car up, spin each tire and watch the tread lines to see if one tire is starting to runout of line. Look for bulges starting near the tread on the sidewalls as well.
Old 4/9/08, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll just toss this out for consideration...a warped brake disc. It will rub on the pad(s) as it comes around. Does the sound speed up with the car? Try getting the car to make the noise and then slowly depress your brake pedal, to create brake drag, to see if the noise stops. Hope this helps.
Old 4/9/08, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had that sound with my '06 GT at 65-70 MPH only. wooop wooop wooop wooop....I had 2 different sets of rims/tires on the car, had them roadforce balanced too, same thing, so I know it wasn't tire/balance related. Didn't sound like it anyway. I am convinced it was the driveshaft problem that there is a TSB for. However I never did take it in as I ended up trading it in for my bullitt. FYI no such sound in the bullitt.

I would arrange to have a technician or the service manager ride with you and point the sound out when it happens. If it's the same as what was happening in my car it is impossible to not hear it.

Hope you get this resolved.
Old 4/19/08, 07:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I dunno- but I think the driveshaft rpm is too high to make the noise- mines got it too, but I think its ring gear related- its been there since new, hasnt changed, can only hear it if the radios off/windows up, etc...sounds like a once per tire rev type of thing on my car anyway.
Old 4/22/08, 02:38 PM
GT Member

Could be a wheel bearing- but my guess is also a warped rotor.
Old 4/22/08, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I dunno- but I think the driveshaft rpm is too high to make the noise- mines got it too, but I think its ring gear related- its been there since new, hasnt changed, can only hear it if the radios off/windows up, etc...sounds like a once per tire rev type of thing on my car anyway.
Yeah you're right about that, I didn't think of that before...
Old 4/27/08, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is nuts, but I figure I'll put it out there. Were you traveling by any chance with 1 window partially down? This car will do some serious wind buffeting at highway speeds with only one window down.

Just a suggestion/thought.