Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Country Ford in Levittown refuses to honor Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/06, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Country Ford in Levittown refuses to honor Warranty

I took my 2005 Mustang convertible with only 4000 miles to Country Ford in Levittown, NY to fix the problem with the brake reservoir cap leaking and to install a rubber bumper which ws missing from the fuel door area. After keeping the car for half a day, they tell me that they will not service my vehicle because I have a CAI installed.

I told them that the Magnusson Moss act states that unless the modifcation caused the failure, they would need to honor the warranty and they told me I had to take it back to the dealer where I purchased it. I know that's b#LL.

I called the Ford customer service number and complained but I know that won't do much good.

Fortunately, Able Ford where I bought the car, is a really good dealership and I should not have any problems there. I went to Country because they are only 4 miles away from me as opposed to Able which is almost 30 miles and there is always traffic going and coming from there.

Hope you guys get better service from your local Ford dealers. Country Ford is a perfect example of why everyone hates to buy american cars.
Old 6/21/06, 02:33 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Typical ford service crap Hope you get it fixed mate. I wish there was a way to sue these dealers into oblivion.
Old 6/21/06, 02:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

The dealers get paid for warranty work. I don't understand why they wouldn't want the work? Do they want the service dept. standing around? A CAI causing your warranty to be voided on a part unrelated is stupid. I guess if a guy gets custom rims he can't get his seat fixed if it broke. Country Ford sounds like a stealership to me. Wonder what they charge for a GT500? lol
Old 6/21/06, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats ignorant. Suppose your brakes fail and cause an accident after they denied a legitimate warranty claim. I blame Ford for allowing dealerships get away with not honoring warranty work. It's crap and happens all the time.
Old 6/21/06, 04:26 PM
V6 Member

Part of the reason ford is in the shape they're in
Old 6/21/06, 04:55 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sounds like a great way to lose customers

This is my first new car, and if I feel that I'm not happy with the ownership experience (be it reliablility or service), I won't buy another. So far both have gone really well.
Old 6/21/06, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sure they take the approach that most consumers will not take the effort to "fight" them when push comes to shove. Based on your specific example, you were on solid ground. Guess you could write a letter to Ford and copy the FTC and your state agency - making sure this is noted on the letter to Ford. Also the better business bureau in the area. Glad you got it taken care of.
Old 6/21/06, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

I would write this agency as well. Your problem could have been a very serious safety issue. Keep us posted as to what happens.
Old 6/21/06, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

let us know if you get the reservoir fixed, it looks like they ALL leak a bit around the seams, I thought it was just mine till I saw at least 6 others leak the same way.

good luck, I would think they should handle that claim as well.
Old 6/22/06, 07:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bpmurr
The dealers get paid for warranty work. I don't understand why they wouldn't want the work? ...
I've wondered about this, too. My guess is that Ford pays them a flat or reduced rate for warranty work, but if they can say the warranty is voided by your mods and get you to pay out-of-pocket for the work then they can rape you.
Old 6/22/06, 07:56 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
The dealers get paid for warranty work. I don't understand why they wouldn't want the work? Do they want the service dept. standing around? A CAI causing your warranty to be voided on a part unrelated is stupid. I guess if a guy gets custom rims he can't get his seat fixed if it broke. Country Ford sounds like a stealership to me. Wonder what they charge for a GT500? lol
The amount of money they make for warranty work is less than what they would get for regular repair work so dealers aren't really keen on repairing warranty items.
Old 6/22/06, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford pays the dealers a flat price based on what they consider to be the necessary time to fix or replace something, which is often wildly unrealistic. If it’s a very involved warrenty claim, or dealer knows it will require more time than Ford will pay for, the dealer is inclined to refuse the work, as they know they'll be paying a lot out of pocket. The same goes for claims on modded cars. If the dealer does a repair, and then Ford decided to turn down the claim because of the mods on the car, the dealer gets nothing for the work they provided. It sucks, but its not always the dealers complete fault. In this case, they're probably being unfair and too cautious with the claim, but they do need to make money.
Old 6/22/06, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

I don't understand why Ford doesn't crack the whip on dealerships with crappy service department customer service. I have no real complaints about their sales depts, ofcourse sales people are going to bend over backwards to get your money initially but still they seem up to par with other companies but darneded if I have found a service department that is competant from a Ford dealership.

I brought in a copy of a couple TSB's directly to the service manager, explained I was having the exact issue, they acted like I was crazy, ignored my claim and the tsb. Ordered and installed the wrong parts and after months of dealing with them trying to get it right, the same service manager tells me, "OH yea! Ford just made dealerships aware of this problem and issued a TSB" yea the same TSB the guy wouldn't even look at months earlier.

I LOVE my Mustang GT, but I'm not too thrilled with Ford and the dealerships who represent Ford motor Co.

EDITED out a word deemed unsavory by the language filter. I guess biblical referances to the underworld are icky words.
Old 6/22/06, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

i would never buy from country ford .. i live in lynbrook and bought mine and my girlfriends from lighthouse ford in copiague because i know the manager from when i sold ford no pressure when i picked up the car for extra crap

every time i went to country i was stalked by the same guy who looks like a child molester
Old 6/22/06, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by odiaz
I took my 2005 Mustang convertible with only 4000 miles to Country Ford in Levittown, NY to fix the problem with the brake reservoir cap leaking and to install a rubber bumper which ws missing from the fuel door area. After keeping the car for half a day, they tell me that they will not service my vehicle because I have a CAI installed.

I told them that the Magnusson Moss act states that unless the modifcation caused the failure, they would need to honor the warranty and they told me I had to take it back to the dealer where I purchased it. I know that's b#LL.

I called the Ford customer service number and complained but I know that won't do much good.

Fortunately, Able Ford where I bought the car, is a really good dealership and I should not have any problems there. I went to Country because they are only 4 miles away from me as opposed to Able which is almost 30 miles and there is always traffic going and coming from there.

Hope you guys get better service from your local Ford dealers. Country Ford is a perfect example of why everyone hates to buy american cars.
it`s funny that you mention country ford.....i almost purchased my 05 from them...told them i had a x-plan pin and they told me {no deals on the mustang} and i went to another dealer that did.....so just to spite the salesman there i went back in there one day with my 05 asking him about acessories that i wanted to purchase....he was still bent that i did not buy the car from there through him....they suck .....they have no class...that`s why i go to jersey where i am treated like a king..... or very rare wantagh ford....there not bad either......
Old 6/22/06, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jcopin
i would never buy from country ford .. i live in lynbrook and bought mine and my girlfriends from lighthouse ford in copiague because i know the manager from when i sold ford no pressure when i picked up the car for extra crap

every time i went to country i was stalked by the same guy who looks like a child molester
was his first name {mike}
Old 6/22/06, 03:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by WERKED 66
was his first name {mike}

POSSIBLY

bigger guy prolly about 45yrs old or so
Old 6/22/06, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It would be great if someone who was going to buy a car there would see this post first and then tell their sales person, right before they hand over the deposit, that on second thoughts, they would rather not do business with them because their service department has a bad reputation.

That should teach them a lesson. Perhaps if they realize they are loosing sales, they will learn to trat customers better.

Maybe I was just spoiled because my Volvo and BMW dealers always treated me very well. They even washed and vacuumed the car every time I brought it in for service. I'll bet if Ford treated their cutomers like the import dealers treat theirs, they woul not be in the spot they're in now.
Old 6/22/06, 10:43 PM
Cobra Member

well i bet if the ford dealers hosed you for 10k like the bmw dealer did they wouldnt mind hosing your car either =p
Old 6/23/06, 01:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Don't let them get away with this! (Or they will continue to screw others)Phone the bbb http://www.bbb.org/ and tell then what this dealership has done to you...also demand to talk to the manager and state your case,tell him he must honour your warranty...and if you get no where with that,i personally would call a lawyer and go after them.

Quick Reply: Country Ford in Levittown refuses to honor Warranty