Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2nd interior flood in 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/06, 07:56 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its been awhile since I posted here... but I thought I would relate my nightmare..it has come true...its been raining alot out in seattle lately... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] And lucky me I found my second water leak (1st one was the cowl) and now in the 1 year old mustang with 12,000 miles, the firewall uni-body seal leaked and saturated my carpet. I now own Lake pony ... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

They have fixed the leak but the carpet now has to be replaced. This is turned out to be a major job and the ford dealer is struggling with the fix. They have taken two days to get my interior and carpet out. They assured me its because they are being ultra careful, but that they were also struggling with the center console. They have to remove every lower interior panel - the center console and part of the dash (they are linked) seats, back seat.....and In the process they somehow broke my outside driver door handle - [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused18.gif[/img] which required that they order a new one from Ford...

I keep the car is show condition... its perfect (was). Of course I expect the car will never be the same - it will probably rattle and creak... OH GAWD.... I am so worried. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
To say the least I will be going over the car looking for scratches inside and out and making sure the panels fit correctly...

I told the guy I had planned on keeping the car in show condition permanently and expect it to be perfect when I get it back...
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blah.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 09:46 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AJC @ February 13, 2006, 9:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
its been awhile since I posted here... but I thought I would relate my nightmare..it has come true...its been raining alot out in seattle lately... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] And lucky me I found my second water leak (1st one was the cowl) and now in the 1 year old mustang with 12,000 miles, the firewall uni-body seal leaked and saturated my carpet. I now own Lake pony ... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

They have fixed the leak but the carpet now has to be replaced. This is turned out to be a major job and the ford dealer is struggling with the fix. They have taken two days to get my interior and carpet out. They assured me its because they are being ultra careful, but that they were also struggling with the center console. They have to remove every lower interior panel - the center console and part of the dash (they are linked) seats, back seat.....and In the process they somehow broke my outside driver door handle - [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused18.gif[/img] which required that they order a new one from Ford...

I keep the car is show condition... its perfect (was). Of course I expect the car will never be the same - it will probably rattle and creak... OH GAWD.... I am so worried. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
To say the least I will be going over the car looking for scratches inside and out and making sure the panels fit correctly...

I told the guy I had planned on keeping the car in show condition permanently and expect it to be perfect when I get it back...
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blah.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

did you see the thread below about 'my convertible has a lake'? he had some fun times with his dealer too...
good luck- hope they get it right this time!
Old 2/14/06, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We have these same leaks in our Mustang-OUR 65 MUSTANG! Wow,40 years and no fix,or is this part of the "retro" thing?Really sorry to hear of your problem,I'm sure all will be well. Good luck!
Old 2/14/06, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

Which dealer did you take it to?
Old 2/15/06, 07:34 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lmmmmm @ February 14, 2006, 11:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Which dealer did you take it to?
[/b][/quote]

Brien Motors everett...

THey have been good so far .. really looked after me this last year. This leak showed up with all the rain. the first leak was a cowl leak in 2nd month of the car.
I have had no complaints with them until they broke the door handle. They replaced it though. 4 days now - so either they are being real careful or have had to order other parts that may have broke during the tear down of the interior....I'll call them tomorrow..
Old 2/16/06, 08:27 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Car came home today - PERFECT. not a squeek rattle or scratch - perfect job.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Interestingly the seat covers have been coming off alot on the lower front - turned out that when they removed the seats they discovered that the seat bracket that holds the cover was bent. Sounds like a factory error. Anyone having this problem may want to have the dealer pull the seats and take a look.
Old 2/17/06, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AJC @ February 16, 2006, 9:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Car came home today - PERFECT. not a squeek rattle or scratch - perfect job.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Interestingly the seat covers have been coming off alot on the lower front - turned out that when they removed the seats they discovered that the seat bracket that holds the cover was bent. Sounds like a factory error. Anyone having this problem may want to have the dealer pull the seats and take a look.
[/b][/quote]

Hi Andrew, saw your post in the NW section. Glad you have your car back. Mines been garaged most of the winter. There is a TSB on the seat issue, mine comes off all the time, I just haven't taken it in.
[attachmentid=45396]

Greg
Old 2/17/06, 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ford4v429 @ February 13, 2006, 11:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
did you see the thread below about 'my convertible has a lake'? he had some fun times with his dealer too...
good luck- hope they get it right this time!
[/b][/quote]

"Fun" the man says [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

At least it sounds like the dealer in this case was able to diagnose the problem, that's a bit better than what I ran into.