Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

07 hot air on driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/11, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 hot air on driver's side

2007 V6

I'm experiencing the feel of heat seemingly from under the dash or floorboard on the driver's side. This is an all the time thing with the engine running. I can have the windows closed, heat and ac off, defrosters off. I really have not had a decent weather day to check whether it's from engine heat, exhaust heat (dual Borla's) or something under the hood. When I reach my hand under the steering wheel I have the sensation of heat and if I stick my arm in the same area on the passenger side, I feel nothing. This is not a hot hot it's just feels warm and no smells that I've noticed. I've had the car for a couple of months and I think it's been this way all along.
Anybody had a similar situation?
Old 9/7/11, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, I have noticed the same thing occasionally on my 07 V8...same exact circumstances. I would call it warm air, rather than hot air. Passenger side doesn't seem to have it. It is something new that I've just noticed happening this summer....never before.

If anyone has an explanation, I'd like to know it too.

Last edited by Sabre; 9/7/11 at 06:39 AM.
Old 9/7/11, 06:45 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine does it but I'm pretty sure its just heat from the engine. The engine sits pretty close to the firewall so I think some heat gets transferred through.
Old 9/7/11, 06:56 AM

we need to check some things

Sabre, I don't think we have a problem but we need to do our own research. We have to determine how soon we feel it after startup?
That's assuming we don't feel it when we first get in and before starting. I assume that to be unlikely. I assume that it's coming from the engine or the exhaust. My V6 has dual exhaust and I believe your V8 does too. I don't think anything under the dash could do it, like the radio or dash lights, I add that because I run my headlights all the time. If these darn, hurricanes would leave me alone, I could try to get this old body under the car and under the dash. If it's coming from the engine or exhaust, if no heat shield type product has fallen off, we may need to add our own.
Look forward to hearing from you, if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.