Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

05 Question, Think i know the answer but want to confirm

Old 6/23/15, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Question, Think i know the answer but want to confirm

Hey all, I have an 05 GT, that I bought brand new.b The car has 59000 miles on it and it is my fun car but I do not drive it as much as I would lije to but anyway a few months ago the alarm would randomly go off at night this happened for 2 days until I just disconnected the battery. Also the thing that initially caught my attention was after day light savings time I could not adjust the clock or bring the menu up on the radio and there is a cd that is stuck in the cd player and wont come out, and the radio just randomly changes the volume just goes up and down. So I have been disconnecting the battery when I park it to avoid the alarm issue. I have done some research on this issue but nothing exactly like mine. I am assuming I have to change the Smart Junction Box, I remeoved panel and it felt a little wet and there is def water coming in bc it always smells damp. Before I go buy a new sjb jus wanted to confirm with you guys that this is what the problem is. Thank you in adance.
Old 6/23/15, 12:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Sounds like the SJB...need to fix the leak as well.
Old 6/23/15, 01:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
You should fix the leak before replacing the box or the new one will get wet. Here's a link to the TSB with all the places it can leak.

http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb08-26-07.pdf