Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Vert got some new shoes

Old 9/16/12, 02:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vert got some new shoes

These were $100 - no tax or shipping. Correct size for the rims at 225/55-16.
Cleaned/painted the rims and caps, then had them mounted/balanced.

Also cleaned up some used Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates I picked up cheap (last pic). Have on order all of my suspension stuff (full MM bracing package and Bilstein tuned suspension system) as well as a few parts lying around (87-93 spindles, rotors, calipers) waiting to go on.

Old 9/16/12, 02:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
sweet deal
Old 9/16/12, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good. Amazing what a coat of paint will do!
Old 9/16/12, 10:36 PM

Great deal on those tires!

I love Maximum Motorsports' stuff. I just bought CC plates, braces and their panhard bar for my '86. Did you get the full length subs? Those are the ones I have. I am doing a five lug conversion with four wheel discs in the rear and will run Bullitt wheels with them. I picked up a nice set for $220. The only things I don't have right now are the proper length five lug axles (I think I am going to try to find two Rangers at the local u-pull it) and a set of 245/45/17 tires.
Old 9/17/12, 06:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Yeah, I found the tires on CL. 100 miles on them - new car take off. Wasn't thinking of buying tires yet, but I had to jump on the deal.

Yes, I ordered the full length subs in a package (MMCBP-11). Being a convertible, this thing needs the full length ones. Looked at the directions on getting them in. Gotta find someone to do it. Have someone in mind, so we will see. I have MM C/C plates on the 84 and had MM braces on the 89 convertible. So it was a no-brainer on the package. Guy on Corral has it to my door for $405.

I found the 87-93 spindles really cheap, then found a $50 deal for new rotors, new bearings, and calipers with new pads. A guy had put all of this on a Fox, then found that the unibody was shot beyond repair.

Did you use the 94/95 spindles up front?

Last edited by Puter; 9/17/12 at 08:24 AM.
Old 9/18/12, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Puter
Yes, I ordered the full length subs in a package (MMCBP-11). Being a convertible, this thing needs the full length ones. Looked at the directions on getting them in. Gotta find someone to do it. Have someone in mind, so we will see.....

So it was a no-brainer on the package. Guy on Corral has it to my door for $405.

I found the 87-93 spindles really cheap, then found a $50 deal for new rotors, new bearings, and calipers with new pads.......

Did you use the 94/95 spindles up front?
That was a smoking deal on the tires.

I need someone to install my full lengths as well, let me know how it goes for you. My car is a t-top car, so I needed the extra stiffness as well.

That was a good deal on the MM stuff, I bought all mine from Latemodel Restoration. Every year around Christmas time they do a 10% off deal in gift certificates, I buy them and then redeem them myself as needed, LOL.

Good deal on the rotors, calipers and such. I have spare set of 1988 GT spindles that I need to sell, because......

I was going to go that direction until I lucked up on the wheels and then found a pair of 1995 Mustang spindles for $100 on Evilbay, well cheaper than anyone else, at a place in Mississippi close enough for me to run pick them up. That set the wheels in motion, then I found a set of PBR twin piston calipers and Stop Tech rotors on sale at LMR (and got an extra 10% off). Thinking I might need a master cylinder, I Googled the part number for an SVO master cylinder and found one on Amazon for $20, a Raybestos too! LOL, right after I bought it they changed the price to over $90. I bought a Wilwood brake bias adjuster to fine tune this setup once I get it all hung on the car.

I also have Tokico Illuminas and FMS progressive rate springs to complete the package. I really would love to do coilovers but it's just not in the budget right now.
Old 9/18/12, 06:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by gbranton

I also have Tokico Illuminas and FMS progressive rate springs to complete the package.
I have gotten lucky lately on the deals. Also picked up the BTS-7506 system for $774 shipped. Darn thing is that it is are backordered until November. *shrugs* Doubt I will go with the Bilstein quads, though. They are ~$85 a piece.

I have someone in mind for the welding. Have had good reviews, so all I need to do is get the subs in and try him out. :-)

I have the Illuminas and FMS "C" springs on the 84. I really have enjoyed how it rides. Even with the "C"s (specific rate) I leave the Toks on Medium for everyday driving.
Old 9/18/12, 03:58 PM

It seems like you and I are of a like mind when it comes to Mustangs. I look forward to meeting you and the other members of the club soon, I am shooting for being in Huntsville some time in November.
Old 9/18/12, 08:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You would like LKQ. When I was there last week they had about 3 SN95s and 3 new edges. Spindles are $26 a piece there. They had 2 fox bodies, but that was over a month ago. They don't have them anymore.
Old 9/19/12, 07:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Yeah, when I dropped in LKQ right after they opened, they had three Fox bodies. One was the white convertible up front. I was able to get a couple of small pieces that I needed.

Changing over to 5-lug also sucks up money for wheels. :-) I have a 5-lug rear disc kit that has been sitting around for a while. Just haven't made the decision. I guess if I ever run up on some 17x8 rims and tires at an insane price, I may change over one of the cars.
Old 9/19/12, 10:01 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

If I can ever save up enough money to get a set of wheels I want I will have some for sale.

I'd like Skips old wheels, but they are polished not chrome.

Last edited by BA Mustang; 9/19/12 at 10:03 AM.
Old 9/19/12, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
If I can ever save up enough money to get a set of wheels I want I will have some for sale.

I am probably putting on the same wheels you want to take off. This is not my car (same color), but this is the look I will be sporting when done.
Attached Thumbnails Vert got some new shoes-85bullitt.jpg  

Last edited by gbranton; 9/19/12 at 11:32 PM.
Old 9/20/12, 06:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Those wheels go very well on that color scheme.
I also like the SVO sail panels.
Old 9/20/12, 07:58 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by gbranton

I am probably putting on the same wheels you want to take off. This is not my car (same color), but this is the look I will be sporting when done.
I actually have these. My old gt has bullitts, but my parents own it now.

Name:  Edit.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  704.6 KB