Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Taillights and trunk on vert

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/12, 07:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillights and trunk on vert

Noticed that the left taillight on the vert had been replaced with one that had issues. So I found a used set, pulled the old ones, then used the better of the right. Polished the lenses with Brasso, then cleaned everything and taped it off. Sprayed with the correct grey for the 85 and placed them in. Also cleaned the bulbs and replaced a couple.

Also found all of the pieces I needed to finish out the trunk area. Just have to figure out how the top of the cargo net attaches.

Also, removed the 5.0 fender and the trunk/grill Ford emblems. Whenever the car was painted, the old emblems were put back on. Nasty. Don't know why the money wasn't spent for new ones. replacing the front and back with stock, but going with a V8 emblem for the fenders in place of the 5.0 emblems. Think this will just be a tasteful change.

http://www.foxresto.com/products/vie...lem_with_Flags

Last, I'm working on the door panels. Both need interior/exterior dew wipes, but the corners are warped from moisture. Weighing my options there. Trying to spray with water and leave under heavy weight for days to see how they turn out.