Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

So, I thought that I would have some fun...

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/07 | 06:20 PM
Cobra R Member

So, I thought that I would have some fun...

Been looking at cars trying to find something decent to put the wife in. I've also been looking in autotrader and al.com sites. I ran upon several in al.com that are way too wonderful to be true. Well, of course they are. It's called Internet fraud.

So, I wrote on two cars at the same time. I am posting the emails because I know it is fraud. Teh first I answered and even got a reply.

Here's the first.

http://autos.al.com/Autos?tp=TR_bama...8740&x=19&y=15

So I get this email back...

-----------
Hello,

My name is Paul Williams and i want to say Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Hartpool (United

Kingdom) right now and I have been very busy.Anyway,thank you for your interest in buying the car. The car

is located in US right now and has US papers.Why is the price so low? im selling the car at this price

because i recently moved from US to United Kingdom with my wife who is from here and we intend to marry in

United Kingdom and i sold my house over US and everything owned by me and the only thing to sell is the

car .I cannot register the car here, as it is made for USA, according to USA standards. So all that I want

to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast.The title is clean and you will

have absolutely no problems to register the car in the States. I will tell you a few words about the car..

My 2002 BMW 330 CI with automatic transmission it is in imaculate condition with 55984 miles and have the

Vin number: WBABS53442JU90824,rust free , no schrach and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor

runs very well.The interior looks great.This car needs nothing,The title is clear ,it is not a salvage

one.I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important

events and have little time at my disposal. The car is like new, in perfect conditions,accident free, no

scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. a genuine road runner ready to

be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to

me.The price is 3,300 USD $ THIS IS MY LAST PRICE.I will not negociate the price.I take in consideration

only those buyers who are really interesed in buying the car ,to be sure that I don't waist my time with

endless discussions.This way,I shall be assured of the serious intentions.So if you are interested please

email me back.

Regards!!

Paul
---------

The next ad is for this car...

http://autos.al.com/Autos?tp=TR_bama...63423&x=12&y=4

Check out teh first part of this email. I decided to reply to this one. This is funny...

-----------
Hi again,
Thank you for email me back.The car is in a warehouse of WorldPay in US ( in FORT MILLS SC), ready for delivery to a new buyer. If you are still interested continue this process here are the transaction's steps:
1- I will need to send me your full legal name and shipping address.

2- This deal will go trough an company named WorldPay.Inc .You will be contacted by WorldPay.Inc with all the details about the transaction.

3-You will make a deposit of $2900 in to an WorldPay.Inc agent account.
4-I will send you the car for inspection along with all the documents( title, a bill of sale). The car will arrive in 72 hours at your address.You will have
10 days test period to decide if you keep the car or not.I will put along with the car :keys, title, all the receipts that I have from it, owner's manual,
service manual, and also a sale receipt signed at a legal attorney stating that i'm selling uoi this car.
5-If you want to keep the car, they will send me the money. If you don't want to keep it, you will send it back to me and i will support the shipping back fees. WorldPay.Inc will refund you the deposit.

This deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by WorldPay.Inc,in this way both of us will be protected.They will keep the payment until you receive the car and test it.

So I will wait your full name so i can open a case with WorldPay.Inc regarding this deal.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
To: usahaderrom99@aol.com
Sent: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:13 am
Subject: RE: Question about your ad #ALA1763423 on the al.com web site.

Hello,

Yes, I am interested. My convertible was totaled three weeks ago and I need another car. I would like to test drive this car.

Thank you,
Ralph Bischof

<hr>To: puterami@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Question about your ad #ALA1763423 on the al.com web site.
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:56:56 -0400

Hello,

My name is Mark Derrom and i want to say Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Hartpool (United Kingdom) right now and I have been very busy.Anyway,thank you for your interest in buying the car. The car is located in US right now and.Why is the price so low? im selling the car at this price because i recently moved to United Kingdom with my wife who is from here and we intend to marry in United Kingdom and i sold my house and everything owned by me and the only thing to sell is the car .I cannot register the car here. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast.The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car in the States. I will tell you a few words about the car.. My 2002 TOYOTA CAMRY SE with automatic transmission it is in imaculate condition with 83440 miles and have the Vin number: JTDBF32K420005809,rust free , no schrach and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs very well.The interior looks great.This car needs nothing,The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. The car is like new, in perfect conditions,accident free, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. a genuine road runner ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me.The price is
2,900 $ THIS IS MY LAST PRICE.I take in consideration only those buyers who are really interesed in buying the car ,to be sure that I don't waist my time with endless discussions.This way,I shall be assured of the serious intentions.So if you are interested please email me back.

Regards!!

Mark

-----Original Message-----
To: jfdsakjiuew87f39jfd@gmail.com <jfdsakjiuew87f39jfd@gmail.com>
Sent: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 1:35 am
Subject: Question about your ad #ALA1763423 on the al.com web site.

<tt>

It appears that the price of $2900 for this car is confirmed via the al.com

website. I would like to know what is wrong with the car to make the price so

low. Let me know where I can see and test drive this car. I will pay cash.
------------

Hope you enjoyed...
</tt></pre>
Old 10/24/07 | 07:47 PM
GT Member

So two different guys selling two different cars, both just happen to be from Hartpool UK and neither can spell schrach and it you assume it has to be fraud? Why do you not trust?