Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

rant of the day

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/11, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rant of the day

Well i recieved in my mailbox yester a code violation letter from the city of Madison,

for 2 codes

first one says i cannot run a business out of my house.

when i called they said they recieved a complaint stating i am working on other peoples cars at my house, just because i have 5 cars there they think this, no one asks me not even the city people that wrote up the citation, so i called in and talked to her, i explained to her every car is registered in my name and are my own cars... that resolved that problem.

the second violation is i started construction without a valid permit,

keep in mind i have not done anything to my house in over a year.
when i asked about this they said i enclosed my patio without a permit, last December when i did this i called and explained i am just installing storm windows to make a sun room on a pre existing covered patio, i was told no permit was needed, so now 15 months later they say i needed a permit and need to go talk to someone in their office.

i moved from California 6 years ago and i thought their city code enforcment was irrational but this is stupid crazy.

i have lived in the house in madison for 16 months and have recieved probobally 6 citations, from parking on the grass, my grass being to tall, now workin on my own cars and enclosing a patio.

makes me want to move outside city limits and be a hermit!
Old 3/9/11, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my property, my rules.. tell them to Back the f*ck off.. i love louisiana.. they dont give a ****.. permits are easy to get around, bury the electricity cable, and u dont need a permit to do ****..
Old 3/9/11, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like one of your neighbors doesn't like you. I have 5 cars and no one has ever complained. I also have more dogs then I'm willing to admit in writing and no one has complained. Someone is attempting to rat you out without just cause.
Old 3/9/11, 12:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by woodj
Sounds like one of your neighbors doesn't like you.

You need to quit having Charlie Sheen over for parties.
Old 3/9/11, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

well i went over to the permit dept and talked to them, they said i need a permit for the enclosur and it cost drum roll please $5.00

they will do an inspection tomorrow and it will be done,

they actually seemed pretty pissed when i asked them if they would come out and inspect the enclosure, hey i just wanted my $5.00 worth.

as for the working on other peoples cars, i think i am going to have a get together at my house every weekend this summer anyone who wants can come over and work on their cars for free, i will supply all the tools hand, air and electric and some beer / soda for them under 21.
Old 3/9/11, 02:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Puter

You need to quit having Charlie Sheen over for parties.
well if he would invite me when he is over, ill stop reporting him...
Old 3/9/11, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's the secret- make friends with your local PD, and invite any officers (on-duty or not) over to any parties or cookouts you have! Officers love to make friends with the community, and you'll never have to worry about complaints again!
Old 3/9/11, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

i feel like putting up a big sign that says ,

To the nosy neighbor that keeps complaining. I will still be working on my cars whenever i want and there is nothing you can do about it so why don't you just go and blow your hot air elsewhere. p.s. i guess your momma never taught you how to mind your own dam business!!!
Old 3/17/11, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Lay low - someone will eventually find who ratted you out and tell you who it was.