Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

A quick howdy ! here

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/08, 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A quick howdy ! here

Hey Gang, I see most of you are still here.
A quick update as to what's going on.

I have been real busy with the fiancee and her family. If you didn't hear, me and Susie are looking at different rings. Seems that gold and diamonds are the favorite choice (and blue mustangs) the rings cost a lot less than the mustang.

Thurs May 22nd Susie's oldest son Jason tried to cut his hand off at work. Chains and sprockets are not the cleanest way to do this. He will be ok and the Dr's and Staff at Vanderbuilt U Hospital did a fine job fixing him up.

May 23rd (and no we didn't sleep at all Thurs into Fri) Her # 2 son Michael graduated HS. YEA !

# 3 son BJ has benn hanging out in Lynchburg so far this summer.

Last night we had supper with Susie's Oldest Angie, her husband Josh and their son Hunter. If you ever have the opportunity to eat at the Fried Tomato Buffet in Ardmore, do so. AYCE buffet. Fried chicken, catfish, hushpuppies, greenbeans, mashed potatooes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, yeast rolls, peach cobbler, brussel sprouts, fried okra, turnip greens, black eyed peas and more. Salad bar, dessert bar with ice cream, pudding, chocolate cake. I'm full. ~ $8- with tea or soft drink.

We take care of Jason's son Jordan every other weekend. He will be a YO July 16th.

I'm tired.

Still at work here on Nix Road. The gate is locked but we are here. Locked it so we could get some work done. Can't take anymore in right now. We will let you in if you need to purchase parts.

Have to go for now. I must finish welding on this LQ panel on the 56 K mII. Clean little Mustang.

I'll check in in a couple of weeks. ;-)~
Old 6/27/08, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Can you believe I forgot to mention that the Fried Tomato Buffet has fried green tomatos ?
Ardmore on the Tennessee side heading north after you go under the train tracks
Old 6/27/08, 08:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right past the Piggly Wiggly!

Decent Mexican little farther up on the left.

Good to hear that Jason will be okay. I imagine that was a very scary experience for all involved.
Old 6/27/08, 09:32 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats on engagement.
Old 6/27/08, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

We've lost another one to the dreaded ring vs. car stand-off. Next he'll start wearing clean t-shirts and combing his hair. :-)
Old 3/10/18, 01:22 AM
Bullitt Member

A quick Howdy ! here (an update to the update !

Wow ! It's been nearly 10 years since I posted this.
Me and Susie have been married nearly 10 years. The going on 1 yo Grandson is going on 11. me and Susie now have 4 more Grandchildren. That makes 6 so far and probably more in the future as to the fact that my oldest Stepson Jason will be getting married this fall.
At work very busy. The M II coupe is long done and received 2nd place at the RCMC show. 2nd is good. usually don't cry if we don't get first (LOL).
We have a couple of more projects in the works. We will share with all of y'all and all of you all too. Gate is still locked and we still have the same phone number (33 years now). We will let you in if you call first or you can e-mail us too. alatennmustang@att.net
Until later......Greg
Old 3/12/18, 03:55 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
there is no one here anymore .. i had my own thread moved to a more active area .. too many cobwebs here ,,
Old 3/13/18, 05:27 AM
Bullitt Member

The increased use of Smart phones and Facespace are mostly to blame .How can you drive and post on a forum at the same time. PC's and Laptops are great tools to use to participate with on a Forum
Old 3/13/18, 05:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
The beginning of this thread is like a time capsule, lol
Welcome back Greg .... this place has definitely slowed down a lot, even in just the few years I've been on here ... new owners are doing things, members are doing things elsewhere :/
Old 3/13/18, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Gabe. Natural attrition mostly. And a lot of the people in this area are military and civil service. Many of the engineers here have moved in from other areas and then when they realize how good of an area it is, they end up retiring here, build a home and stay. Right Emberglow?