Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

looking for some things for a 93 GT

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/08, 10:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for some things for a 93 GT

dunno if anyone on here might be able to round me up some of this lol Im getting rid of the 17" cobra rs on it.. theyre just too big. Tired of them scrubbing every time i turn. Not to mention the back tires were rubbing the wheel well and we had a blow out on one.. so now the car is sitting on a really crappy donut tire. I gotta find some wheels and tires asap! Managed to put some glass pacs on it and turn downs monday.. It sounds super now! Eh they were a freebie lol Later will buy some flows or cherry bombs. But anyways Im looking for some fats and skinnys or a decent set of ponys with tires.

Ive already had to replace almost everything you can think of on this car..battery, alt and still waiting to get someone to replace the rear driveshaft seal and bearings and change the gears out. Then fix the doors. I swapped out the headlights and put new foglights in today. Amazing the difference they made! I almost pulled my hair out though figuring out HOW to get them out! I seriously considered a hammer for a while.. lmao Otherwise i friggin LOVE this car I see why foxes are soo loved now.

Oh yeah - found a mustang II last week for sale.. at the junk yard here its decent shape..all there TRX wheels..4cyl they want $450 if anyones intererested.

Holly
Old 1/3/08, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

FYI, Mustang II didn't come with the TRX wheels - they started in '79. If they are in good shape (with tires) might be worth something to someone with a '79 Indy Pace Car. They were an oddball size (390mm, if I remember correctly), so their application was limited.
Old 1/3/08, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

I have some grey interior pieces that I just pulled out of the 89 racecar.
Old 1/3/08, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by mgreene
FYI, Mustang II didn't come with the TRX wheels - they started in '79. If they are in good shape (with tires) might be worth something to someone with a '79 Indy Pace Car. They were an oddball size (390mm, if I remember correctly), so their application was limited.
Agree, no TRX wheels on a Mustang II. I had a 76 2.8 v6 with 13 inch slotted aluminum wheels. Those pinto chassis rode harsh with the extra weight of the Mustang.
The TRX wheels were odd at 390 mm. I had a set on my 80 Tbird and ditched them when I needed tires for some 89 Mustang GT wheels. Tires were hard to find and expensive. I think Michelin was the only maker.
Old 1/3/08, 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueSnake1013

Oh yeah - found a mustang II last week for sale.. at the junk yard here its decent shape..all there TRX wheels..4cyl they want $450 if anyones intererested.

Holly
Holly, Could you take a pic of the II next time you are at the junk yard? I really need a pair of nice bumpers. Is it a drivable car with title? Got a phone # for the yard? Thanks, kennyg
Old 1/3/08, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

dunno about driveable.. front bumper was good.. the back looked like it had some issues. I backed off the car cause I saw a northern tag on it. There was a little rust in the quarter pannel. But the guy that owns the place said hes got the title to it. Next time i'm in town I'll grab a pic of it.

As for the TRX wheels I know how rare they are..and a pain in the **** to get tiires for.

Mberglo - what all clean interior peices you got?
Old 1/5/08, 06:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here you go, Holly. Found these over on hsvracing.com
http://hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17532