Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Invite - Tupelo Cruise - 3/13

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/10, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invite - Tupelo Cruise - 3/13

Hey Rocket City I see you have a cruise already set on this date but I thought I would throw this out as well just to let you know it is going on.

There are several clubs that are getting together at the second annual Tupelo Cruise (www.tupelocruise.com). We will have about 60 mustangs coming from Memphis and Shoals Mustangs is cruising down the Natchez Trace. We also have folks from Magic City Mustangs coming from Birmingham and a group coming from Jackson MS as well.

I think right now we have five MCA clubs that will be in attendance. This event can be done in a day but since we have a banquet and John Clor (author of Mustang Dynasty) as a guest speaker, most people are making a weekend of it. Also Steve McCarley, MCA president will be there too.

Once again, not looking to interrupt the trip you already have planned as I would love to go on that trip too!

Regardless what you decide have a great time and look forward to meeting you in the near future at some events!

John Farmer (aka MrFarmdog)
Old 2/8/10, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

sounds like fun.

am i reading the fee's right,

for a couple it would be 55.00 plus a hotel room?

• Cruise In Fee - $5 per car - advance registration ($10 day of event)
  • Dinner Fee - $20 per person (advance registration required).
  • Handling Fee - $5 per online registration order - This fee covers credit card and PayPal fees.
Museum Entry Fees - Museum entry fees are NOT included with registration and must be paid separately at the event.
  • Group rate for the event - $7.50 per adult
  • MCA member discount - $5.00 per adult (day of the event only)
Old 2/9/10, 08:05 AM
Cobra R Member

This is one of the cruises that I mentioned in our last meeting.

Thanks for posting this MrFarmdog.
Old 2/9/10, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue
sounds like fun.

am i reading the fee's right,

for a couple it would be 55.00 plus a hotel room?

• Cruise In Fee - $5 per car - advance registration ($10 day of event)
  • Dinner Fee - $20 per person (advance registration required).
  • Handling Fee - $5 per online registration order - This fee covers credit card and PayPal fees.
Museum Entry Fees - Museum entry fees are NOT included with registration and must be paid separately at the event.
  • Group rate for the event - $7.50 per adult
  • MCA member discount - $5.00 per adult (day of the event only)
The event fees for two people and one car come to $50. You will need to pay for the museum separately as well.

Also FYI - We are working on an MCA judging workshop that will be a four-five hour course offered to anyone interested in understanding the judging process. I will post up more information as it is worked out. This will be offered at no charge to attendees!
Old 3/7/10, 09:01 AM

Hey Rocket City I thought I would post one more update in case anyone from your area plans to attend. Once again I know there is a conflict with your Jack Daniels trip and think that as a club outing that should take precidence over our get together. Here are the updates...

UPDATE ON THE SHOW AND SHINE FEES!
Thanks to a recent generous commitment from our sponsors we are now able to open up the Show and Shine portion of the event for FREE! For those of you who paid for the event already you will receive a refund for the cost of the show and shine. Also we have adjusted the handling fees to include $1 per banquet ticket purchased. So if you purchase one ticket you will be charged $1 handling fee. If you purchase 2 tickets you will be charged $2, etc.
The total amount refunded will include your show and shine fees and the applicable portion of the handling fees! If you paid via PayPal you will receive a refund for the appropriate amount. If you paid by check you will be reimbursed at the event. Just come and see me!
If you have not registered we would appreciate it if you would still do so. This will help us in our coordination for the event. Please register even if you are just coming to the show and shine. The registration form is located here -> http://www.tupelocruise.com/regform.asp
Once again thanks to our sponsors for coming through and making this event one that is affordable for all attendees!

UPDATE ON EVENING FESTIVITIES
Things continue to get better for the evening event!
While people have to preregister for the food we are opening the doors to anyone for a $5 fee to come in and join in the rest of the festivities (you just will not eat) which include:
5PM - Museum doors open for evening social event. This includes a live band, cash bar and social meet and greet with other mustang clubs as well as checking out all the cool cars in the museum!
6:30PM - We are unveiling a newly restored 69 mustang to its owner. The owner bought the car new in 69 while in Vietnam and the car has been in a barn the past 20-30 years. This will be the formal reveal of this car and presentation to the owner!
7PM - Dinner / continue with social hour
8PM - Guest speaker John Clor from Ford Performance followed by book signing
9PM - Conclusion of event!

OTHER POTENTIAL MODELS ATTENDING - We have had some questions about other cars and Lightnings attending the event recently and I say bring em! There may be some Lightnings coming from Southern Mustangs and Fast Fords club and there may be a Ford powered Nobel and a GT40 at the event as well!
I am very excited about the festivities and hope everyone enjoys the event!

Thanks and enjoy your get together! Hopefully the weather will hold out for both of us!