Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Hot Rod Engine Quiz

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/08, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know something else I'd like to hit with a stick
Old 6/10/08, 04:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LMan
I know something else I'd like to hit with a stick
ok ok, let's not get political....George Bush will be out of office soon enough and gas prices will come back down to earth
Old 6/10/08, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mmr007
ok ok, let's not get political....George Bush will be out of office soon enough and gas prices will come back down to earth
Wait a minute - it's democrats that won't let us drill in Alaska, the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, or extract the oil shale in the Rockies. And they won't let us build new refineries. There is potentially more oil in the shale in the Rockies than there is in Saudi Arabia. How is that Bush's fault?

Plus, they now want to put a new tax on oil companies profits - last time I checked, my 401k had oil company stocks with dividends paid by oil company profits, so they'd essentially be taxing me.

And the new Democrat Messiah, Obama, says he will not renew the capital gains tax cut that Bush implemented. That means, that whenever you sell your house, real estate, stocks, cars, jewelry, etc. that you'll be paying more tax to the US government on the profit. He also does not want to remove the "death tax". That means that all the worth that my parents have made and ALREADY paid taxes on will get taxed again before I inherit it, just because they died!
Old 6/10/08, 06:17 PM
GT Member

you're right, I stand corrected...the country has done much better with George Bush in office...we would be so much better off if we could even get 4 more years of Bush...I mean the evidence is all there.....I forgot about the cheap Iraqi gas he promised
Old 6/10/08, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not defending him on all counts (like immigration and caving to the "global warming" hoax), but blaming him for high gas prices is incorrect. Please show me some subtantiated quotes where he promised "cheap Iraqi gas" ? I can definitely point you to Congressional Record votes of the democrats against ALL the points I made in the previous post.

And while there are some areas where we're not doing well, I can tell you that my retirement fund has more than tripled since he came into office, my collector cars are worth 3-4 as much as they were in 2000, and my salary has gone up 80%. I'd have to say that, yes, I am better off than I was 8 years ago.
Old 6/10/08, 06:48 PM
GT Member

Global warming is not a hoax and I am not going to have this conversation again on this site. And I am NOT making any accusations against you, but who cares if YOU personally have done well under Bush? I know there were MANY MANY germans that did VERY well under Hitler and many russians who did equally well under Stalin...does that mean that those men were great leaders for the country as a whole? Only an idiot would think so. Maybe you got such a salary increase because you worked hard at your job. I got 8 raises in 4 years at my job and not once was that because of Bush. Anyway, like I said....this can only go nowhere as support for Bush is so entrenched and illogical that nothing good can come of debating this. I'll just be careful about joking about Bush around the people that haven't figured out he is a joke....maybe we should stay on topic and I'll pm you the quote Bush made about Iraqi oil and the war making gas cheaper for americans
Old 6/11/08, 07:30 AM
Cobra Member

Please point out where I referenced the President, or gas prices, please. I'll wait.
Old 6/11/08, 07:46 AM
GT Member

you didn't...I did. That's why it was just a joke. I was playfully assuming that like most americans, you were fed up with dubya...just a joke is all....but I keep forgetting I live in alabama now and George has a large and faithful following here and so I will not make political joke or commentary
Old 6/11/08, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

i could get into a political debate with you, about all the BS info you spit MMR, but instead i would rather watch you bask in ignorance, while you drown yourself in your Bliss.
Old 6/11/08, 10:03 AM
GT Member

no, please enlighten me. Inform me. Share your knowledge. Why am I and 75% of america wrong? What do teachers know about NCLB that you and Bush don't? Why are Constitutional scholars wrong about Bush? What does Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter know that we don't? Sorry, but just because I get a perspective outside of fox "news" doesn't make what I say BS. I enjoy a political debate, so long as it'a appropriate for this site
Old 6/11/08, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

you didn't...I did. That's why it was just a joke. I was playfully assuming that like most americans, you were fed up with dubya...just a joke is all....but I keep forgetting I live in alabama now and George has a large and faithful following here and so I will not make political joke or commentary

Well, you quoted a post of mine when you did so, which implies that you were responding to something I said.

I don't care if you like Bush, hate Bush, or want to have his baby, but your quoting of me about something I never even brought up was confusing.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 6/11/08, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I think LMan was thinking about something like this to someone on the forum.
Old 6/11/08, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

Hey dudes,

Bush is a total joke. no way im voting for him again. i dont mind globel warming...in the winter. LOL!!!!!
Old 6/11/08, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

no, please enlighten me. Inform me. Share your knowledge. Why am I and 75% of america wrong? What do teachers know about NCLB that you and Bush don't? Why are Constitutional scholars wrong about Bush? What does Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter know that we don't? Sorry, but just because I get a perspective outside of fox "news" doesn't make what I say BS. I enjoy a political debate, so long as it'a appropriate for this site
i get plenty of facts from other places up to and including Clinton News Network....explain to me what make Bush so bad first? war...last time i checked CIA ****ed that one. Economy, thank Greenspan and his stupid *** low interest rates...thank Clinton for NAFTA (yep that was a great move wasnt it) BTW Clinton didnt do **** to help the economy's he was lucky on his timing as president he got the.com boom bush got 9-11... which he turn lemons into lemonade, remind me Clinton's taxes, Clinton's unemployment rate, Clinton's great morals, Bush on the War was MORE than justified or do only Americans deserve freedom from oppression? last time i checked bush didn't promise Iraqi oil. Constitutional scholars like pelosi ...HAHA ok yeah. keep in mnid scholars are just people too..who keep track of history...anyone can be a scholar
Old 6/11/08, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by NOStang05
Hey dudes,

Bush is a total joke. no way im voting for him again. i dont mind globel warming...in the winter. LOL!!!!!
i liek me some global warming....the hotter it gets the shorter the shorts/shirts....Ralph has a good picture showing exaclty what global warming looks like
Old 6/11/08, 12:08 PM
GT Member

why are you attacking clinton? that is not a defense of bush. I hate clinton, hate nafta and clinton was the beneficiary of the dotcom boom. We got no arguments there. No, I never mentioned that spineless ***** pelosi, I was refering to NOTED scholers like Jonathan Turley. It IS a fact that Bush has violated the constitution which is what he swore to defend.

anyway, I am already tired of this thread because anything I say to a bush supporter goes in one ear and out the other, but no...the iraqis don't deserve freedom and democracy...not if it is delivered at gun point by another nation that was never threatened. Otherwise, by your rationale, France and England would hve been justified in invading, destroying and occupying the U.S. because Alabama and the other southern states didn't offer freedom and equal rights to blacks but instead offered them cotton fields and lynchings.....you get me now?
Old 6/11/08, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

i still don't see where he violated anything in the constitution.
France helped us win our Freedom..remember, BTW the IP/IA are doing most of the work there now unless there is an HVT (high value target)....last time i checked most of the south was to poor to own slaves, and the one that abused the slaves got all the attention...white slaves existed too keep that in mind, indentured servants could gain their freedom.
personally i hate all politicians rep dem lebertarian who ever . i think the country should be run by business men not law makers
Old 6/11/08, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

... support for Bush is so entrenched and illogical that nothing good can come of debating this. I'll just be careful about joking about Bush around the people that haven't figured out he is a joke......
Careful here. Bush supporters (of which I am one) can be offended when they are told they are illogical. Your perception of what you consider a logical conclusion is based on your perspective and the set of facts in which you base your conclusion. We all have differenct perspectives, and we all have to dig for the facts where ever we can get them. (Hopefully those facts don't just come from the nightly "news".) Peace.
Old 6/11/08, 12:19 PM
GT Member

the country IS run by businessmen....oh and Bush did violate 6 articles of the Constitution. This is the important thing to remember and what most americans forgot...we just can't invade or eliminate countries we don't agree with. This is planet earth, not planet america. We HAVE to WORK with countries we don't like that don't necessarily serve our interests. That's why we supported Iraq and Hussein when he was an enemy of Iran and was at war with them. We were PRAGMATIC...not DOGMATIC! We shouldn't bully Iran because of stupid crap their president says...he'll be gone soon and most iranians are actually pro western and since they are PERSIAN and not ARAB, and don't like arabs, that could be helpful down the road.

One day, years ago, Japan blew the crap out of pearl harbor, now they build all our cars and electronics for us....nobody is inherently evil or a permanent enemy, we need to stop trying to see them that way.

Old 6/11/08, 12:24 PM
GT Member

no, offended or not, support of Bush is illogical because there really isn't anything to point to that he can claim as a success. Remember, it was Reagan who said "are you better off now than you were [7] years ago" For MOST of the country, that is a resounding NO! He is the steward of the country, he gets the blame. Even if you like his VIEWS (Iraq, gay marriage, tax cuts for the rich) his EXECUTION has been HORRIBLE. I am not a democrat. I am a republican. Bush is a horrible president

Quick Reply: Hot Rod Engine Quiz