Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

HELP!! Something blew on my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/07, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! Something blew on my car!!

Been posting this up on every site i can I need help figureing this out..popped the hood on my car last night to find this:

Ive been told its coolant and also its from a leaking AC line? But its a powerdery whiteish yellow looking stuff.. not wet or anything its dry and kinda sticky, cant rub it off with your hand. Its all over the drivers side power steering tank, valve cover, strut tower brace, brake booster.. basically everything on the drivers side. And even underneath the hood.

I cannot pin point where it came from. There are no drips, puddles anything. I have 3 days till I leave for myrtle beach and I would like to get this fixed asap.. if you have ANY clues please tell me!!
Old 7/20/07, 08:40 AM

Can't see the pics due to bandwidth restrictions. Sure sounds like coolant that has dried. Seems odd that it leaked then quit. Any coolant loss? I would also turn on the heat and check closely for leaks. Doubt it is coming from an AC line. AC works ok?
Old 7/20/07, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

coolant, turn your car on and let it idle with the heat on full until it's full temp. and then have someone help you watchthe engine bay.....the spray pattern is from the air comming in the front from driving, so basically look in front of the earliest one and it should give you a better idea. sometimes it takes a few good juices of the engine to get a leak to go again. IE you stand on one side, someone else on the other and goose the engine good and hard and see if you see anything spray. please be careful not to get radiator fluid to the eyes/face. so be very aware when you do it.