Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Dues

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/07, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dues

There seems to be some confusion on dues. I want to set this straight so that everyone is treated fairly.

I have posted the relevant section of the club charter before. You may go to the website and read the section.

Dues are January 1 - December 31. Dues are due on January 31st for the year. When a new member joins, the dues are pro-rated for the year. In other words, if they join in January it is $12. February is $11. March is $10. And so on. Once a person joins, dues are due by January 31.

A person is considered a returning member for 2 years. So, for example, if Bartholomew is a brand new member at the car show (in May), he signs up for $8. He is now a member up until December 31. If he waits a year, then joins up at the next May car show, his dues are $12.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Old 4/30/07, 08:47 PM
GT Member

In Florida there is a Ford dealership that pays your first year's membership in the local Mustang club when you buy a new Mustang. That is a good source of new members. Ralph, since you have so much free time on your hands, talk to Woody's about this.
Old 5/1/07, 07:09 PM
Cobra R Member

*grins* Actually, I already have about a month ago with Robin Frye. She thought it a good idea. Yet, I am also talking privately with folks on this. There are several issues involved that must be thought out. I would at least love to see a letter with each new Mustang that tells about our club. Most people who buy a Mustang are excited. Let's face it, it's not like ya went down to get a minvan to haul the family in. It's sporty, flashy, and fun. And when a person buys a new one, they want to get out and drive in it. And, meet other people that have an interest ni Mustangs so that they can talk about theirs for hours. We all been there.

Good idea, Keith! Thanks for offering it up.

*goes back to taking naps and lolligagging around with all of my free time*