Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

cover all thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/08, 04:12 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
xxxx
it`s nearing the 4th of july .. and for the past few years iv`e shared some of my families military history on various web sites .. this forth i shall do the same .. i will give a taste of it now .. one of my sisters worked at the white house during the J.F. K administration ( is that the right word ? )... i dont know if that had anything to do with this happening .. this is president kennedy's casket laying in state at the white house .. the marine standing guard facing the front is one of my brothers

Last edited by HOSS429; 7/2/08 at 04:14 PM. Reason: add text
Old 7/5/08, 10:16 AM
legacy Tms Member

no more confusion

when i painted my pintos red .. red pintos started coming out of the woodwork .. i know i saw at least two on dif ocassions .. so to end all confusion as to whom is who .. when you see one of these boys coming at you ..you know it`s me ; i`ts me ..it`s earnest T ..( HOSS ) that is .. iv`e decided not to do the history thing thing .. stuff like that mostly only matters to ones self ..i`m also making a small change on the stang .. more about it later .. still a crappy looking pic .. that is at 1124 X 700 or so .i see this site srank it down to 682 X 500

Last edited by HOSS429; 7/5/08 at 10:18 AM.
Old 7/8/08, 05:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

mo bile home

is this what is meant by mobile home .. met this thing coming home today .. service is ungodly slow today . i started this post in june 1847 ..and the pic is still crappy .. i give up !!!

Last edited by HOSS429; 7/8/08 at 05:43 PM.
Old 7/10/08, 01:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

ouch

i have spent all day moving thousands of lb``s of metal and cutting and sawing tons of it into smaller pieces without incident .. get to the final piece i need to cut and mash the crap out of one of my fingers .. i hate hurting muself .. takes so long to heal and delays my rejuvenating process .. now iv`e got to drink up a bunch of beer tonite to ease the pain dang it
Old 7/18/08, 07:03 AM
legacy Tms Member

thank you carroll

the almighty MR shelby it seems has on many ocassions failed to give credit where credit is due in thanks of his success with ford racing and many other endevers in his alustrious carreer .. a bit of an eye opening article in this months hot rod mag from one of the holman moody people has shed lite on the backbone of a lot shelbys fame .. you heap enuff praise on anyone for long enuff and they cant help but believe it themselves eventually .. there must be a lot more that has`nt been told

Old 7/18/08, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's some more info on C$ trashing Pete Brock:

http://www.cobracountry.com/SAAC/SAAC-UnderTheBus.html
Old 7/28/08, 07:12 PM
legacy Tms Member

i`m sittin here about 3 thirds buzzed .. had a craving to go do a burnout in my fav burnout spot .. lots of kids always come running to the road to watch .. i fire up the stang to warm it up .. open headers .. sounding like bob glidden of old .. then think better of it and cruise over in the V8 pinto instead .. flowmasters thumping .. and would`nt you know it .. there sets barney fife ( county law ) in my burnout spot .. something told me not to put the stang on the road .. in my nearly 40 years of terroriseing the neighborhoods only once have i been caught in the act .. 275 bucks for speeding last year as i was lettin the 351 pinto eat one time ..somebody is calling the law when they hear me fire something up .. they wrong for that .. i dont drive unsafely .. i dont speed .. just the ocassional line lock burnout .. so i go back home and do a couple red line revs in the stang to let barney know i was watching him as he was watching me ..
Old 7/29/08, 05:08 PM
GT Member

The antenna is on the Driver side rear quarter...

[quote=HOSS429;5586259]iv`e had this car as my screensaver since the show and have just now wondered !! where`s the radio antenna ?
quote]

The antenna is on the Driver side rear quarter - probably not extended very far and not visible behind the roof. They did not put the antennas on the fiberglass fenders.

I think the antennas were originally placed on the rear in '68 Shelby Mustangs - word off the street was that the fiberglass hood and such did not provide adequate shielding for electrical interference from the engine and there were complaints on the '67 model that facilitated the antenna going to the rear for '68, but it could have just been asthetic for a sleeker design.
Old 8/3/08, 02:36 PM
legacy Tms Member

the hoss rebuild

" me that is"
i have been in the process the last 10 months of somewhat reversing the ravages of years of hard and careless living i have inflicted on myself and have done so with a bit of success .. iv`e lost 70 lbs of un-needed weight .. can jog a mile and half relatively easily .. still am not as strong as i want to be but i have the rest of this year to meet a few simple strength goals .. i`m in no hurry to get where i want to be as i have the rest of my life to do so .. iv`e been making an effort to heal some skin damage and am heading in the right direction as i see positive results in clearer skin with less signs of aging ( i`m 52 going on 32 by the way ) .. one can turn back the clock with a bit of effort if one chooses but the best thing to do is not get in such bad shape to begin with .. my falling apart begin at about age 40 .. i was very active in sports and played basketball and softball and golf nearly year round but when the ocassional injury would pop up it would take years to get over it .. i dont play any of those things any more but am in condition to do so .. i work out about 4 times a week .. jog twice .. and do about 3 hours of weights and routines on sunday morning .. most folks come in and do 30 minutes of lite stuff with fans blowing on them in fear of breaking a sweat and then wonder why they are still 100 lbs overweight and feel bad .. you aint gunna look like those bowflex models on tv by doing something 30 minutes three times a week unless you already look like that to begin with .. where is this headed you ask .. i just saw a girl a few minutes ago that 10 years ago i would have given the world to have had her as a mate but drugs and other vices have rendered her a most horrible looking creature nowdays .. i didnt even recognise her .. use just a little bit of effort to take care of yourselves now and it will pay substantually in the future .. i`m actually getting in the mood to enjoy life again ..
Old 8/5/08, 06:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
" me that is"
i have been in the process the last 10 months of somewhat reversing the ravages of years of hard and careless living i have inflicted on myself and have done so with a bit of success .. iv`e lost 70 lbs of un-needed weight .. can jog a mile and half relatively easily ..but can still afford gas so why should I .. one can turn back the clock with a bit of effort if one chooses but the best thing to do is not get in such bad shape to begin with .. my falling apart begin at about age 40 .. i was very active in sports and played golf breaking a sweat and then wonder why they look like at me wearing those cool plaid pants...where is this headed you ask .. i just saw a girl a few minutes ago that 10 years ago i would have given the world to have had her as a mate but drugs and other vices have rendered her a most horrible looking creature nowdays .. i didnt even recognise her ...but sitting around the house just thinkin about future burnouts is kinda lonely.. i`m actually getting in the mood
Go for it, time's a wastin. kennyg
Old 8/6/08, 07:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

xxxx
i never heard the first knock .. i guess with open headers it mite be possible.. after my last blast i noticed my oil pressure was down a bunch .. and the motor was tightning up .. better pull it and take a look i thought .. sure nuff two spun rod bearings and a whole lot of metal shavings .. oh well .. it was due a freshening up anyway , just glad it did`nt come unglued and ruin my aluminum heads .. just need a crank / two rods and a rebuild kit .. it may be down till next season .. i want to rebuild the suspension and change the total look anyway .. i was leaning towards a gold color with the same stripes but now i think i want to make it a 69 lookalike 65 shelby ..same white car with the blue strips down the hood , top and trunk and the shelby stripe along the bottom .. i still have the 351 pinto to fill the need to act up now and then ..

Old 8/8/08, 06:26 AM
legacy Tms Member

whew !! that was close

.. no wonder i have`nt been feeling well lately !!! this grave gives me the " ******* " everytime i see it .. it`s my namesake uncle .. 1904 seems like a thousand years ago dont it ..

Last edited by HOSS429; 8/8/08 at 06:28 AM.
Old 8/9/08, 10:36 AM
legacy Tms Member

one of these rods is not like the other

i really liked sesame street .. iv`e seen rods do this to other people but this is my first .. what do you suppose caused it .. i was hard on the gas and full on the n.o.s the last time i made a blast .. now have to add a new piston to the want list .. i may as well step up to big inch kit .. i know summit has the scat crank and rods for the 393 windsor but they dont show the piston .. anyone know a ready to instal big inch kit .. 373 or 393 is big enuff for the heads i have ..
Old 8/10/08, 11:12 AM
legacy Tms Member

cafe 302 cruise in

great event last nite .. several stangs iv`e not seen before .. i will add them next week

Last edited by HOSS429; 8/10/08 at 11:13 AM.
Old 8/12/08, 05:15 AM
legacy Tms Member

also at 302

i like a black convert ... i knew a guy who had one when i wore a childs clothes ..
Old 8/12/08, 06:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That's Bill Tucker's, know him?, (short Jersey guy with an attitude) black convertible, edlebrock heads, C-4. kennyg
Old 8/13/08, 04:47 AM
legacy Tms Member

the road comissioner asked if i would help erase some new yellow stripes they had put in the wrong place .. i was happy to oblige
Old 8/14/08, 05:18 AM
legacy Tms Member

i really like this one .. you purest will hate it .. must be something someone bought and just brought around .. iv`e never seen it before
Old 8/15/08, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOSS429
i really like this one .. you purest will hate it .. must be something someone bought and just brought around .. iv`e never seen it before
How much do you like it ? See here:

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/797192666.html

Ground up restoration? He needs to look up in the dictionary what "restoration" means!
Old 8/15/08, 08:04 AM
legacy Tms Member

not that much !!! your cobra was ten times a better deal .. i kick myself for not having that car now but i just did`nt have the expendable funds ..were the mustang a fastback it would appeal more to me but for ten grand less or so ..

Quick Reply: cover all thread