Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

can I spill my guts????

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/07, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get rid of the Expedition and get an Escape Hybrid. 34 mpg in the city, 30 highway. Can't beat that. Plus you can get a major tax rebate, $3,000. That's an extra 3K that you get back, no matter what you otherwise owe or would receive back in taxes. Big warranty on the hybrid stuff too. Batteries, electric motors, electronics, and transmission are covered for 8 years 100K miles, plus the standard 36K bumper to bumper.
Old 11/14/07, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Extreme21
I know gas is high and has been high (and low) before. If not gas, something else will cost more. We (US) seem to react every time the media tells us too. He who has the most influence at the time, gets his opinion aired the most. Right now it's the tree huggers, etc. Look, Ford and GM don't give a squat but know it's politically correct to appear to give a crap....thus the Hybrid, etc. When the whole automotive line switches over and all the gas producer change to new fuel alternatives, then they'll make an impact. They won't 'cause they know this will all pass. Media loves turmoil and what better way, but to tell us we are all bad people for wasting fuel, etc. The US barely makes a dent in the planet's fuel consumption. CHINA is the problem, as well as other countries and they will never stop over-consuming and that drives the prices up.....regardless of what the US does to cut back.
Well said, Mike. I personally know Dr. John Christy, who works in the Environmental Science Dept at UAH and has appeared on CNN, FOX, and before Congress on numerous occasions. I have talked to him at length about the man-made global warming farce. He says Al Gore is a joke, with no real scientific evidence to back up his "the sky is falling" claims. Just goes to show how worthless a Nobel Peace prize is (except for the $1,000,000 monetary award!).

Here is one of Dr. Christy;s papers :http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/jchristy.html

Do a Google search on "Dr. John Christy" and you'll find numerous entries on him.
Old 11/14/07, 07:20 AM

Keep the Mustang, I am sure that it will not make this poster any BIGGER! LOL
Old 11/14/07, 08:09 AM
GT Member

well no offense but I just heard two stupid things right now...ok that's harsh...um let's say amusing. Yes China is a big problem both in fuel consumption and waste management...but does that mean I should throw litter on the highway and pour used motor oil in lake guntersville because the chinese are doing the same thing to the yellow sea....I think there is nothing wrong with with doing my part however small regardless of what another nation does.

Also, I don't know who this Dr. at UAH is and frankly, don't care because it's not Al Gore that is a scientist claiming global warming and that man made contributions to it...it's tens of thousands of scientists here in the US and world wide...Al Gore is just a celebrity face for it....just like other celebrities that speak out for help in the genocide in Darfur and what not...they aren't experts....they are just trying to get the message out and one professor at a third rate college says man doesn't contribute to global warming? So?....I can find 30 scientists that will say nicotine isn't addictive and cigarette smoking isn't hazardous to your health and they appeared before congress too....doesn't make it so.

Maybe it was stupid of me to ask the question here. If this was a truck board everyone would say dump the stang keep your lifted expo...and if this was a corvette board I would be blasted just for owning the Fords period. I was just trying to reach out about a dilemma (for me anyway) in regards to what I view as me avoiding action i could take....

so let's get real folks...if you walked onto a ford dealership and saw two identical mustangs...completely the same in every way, but one got 17mpg and the other got 37 mpg you would buy the one with better gas mileage...so gas consumption does matter to all of us....it's just a matter of priority...does my want for a car that goes faster than I can legally go and looks real good doing it more important than a nice car which can help the environment? Don't know that yet...oh and btw

I never said trading in my cars will take the polar bears off the endangered species list. There are other impacts on the environment. As someone who lived in LA for nearly 30 years and on any given day smog blocked any view of the mountains even when you were only 3 miles away from them, trust me...fuel consumption and pollution IS an issue
Old 11/14/07, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

well my answer to global warming is look at weather rports form as early as you can go back. its a Pattern! there is a set of three or four patterns, 100year, 40 year, 20 year, and 3-5year. its a natural thing, i dont think that all our cars helped melt the ice from the ice age, do you? also cows produce more methane which the the largest contributor to the greenhouse effect. granted our cars do hlep a pretty good bit. then the dust bowl was cause of a draught right?. well for draught to occur that means it has to heat up and be no rain. so what caused that cars again? then look at global temperature increases of today and trace them back to how ever long....im pretty sure you'll see a stdeay increase. but then look at what they were projected to be at before the ice age, i've got a strong feeling you'll see a cooling temperature. and in the 70's were they worried about anohter ice age...... if you ask me anyone that argues the global warming BS needs to check make sure their ducks are all in a row.

oh BTW hybrids produce more harmful waste than a hummer (H-1)
Old 11/14/07, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mmr007
.Al Gore is just a celebrity face for it....just like other celebrities that speak out for help in the genocide in Darfur and what not...they aren't experts....they are just trying to get the message out
If Al Gore was really interestd in "getting the message out", the perhaps he should start by moving out of his 20,000+ square foot house and quit flying around in private jets. Oh, and I'm sure he drives a Prius ,too.

If it was up to him, you nor I would have our beloved Mustangs as in his farcical book, "Earth in the Balance" he claims that the internal combustion engine is the one of the worst things to ever happen. Oh yeah, and don't forget that he invented the internet .

And if Dr. Christy was just some professor at some "third rate college" (which by the way is where I got my Bachelor's and Master's degrees and is one of the top techincal universities in the country), then I doubt he would be called on to testify before Congress on numerous occasions, would he?

Please see here ranked #5: http://www.studentsreview.com/top_en...s_ranking.html
Old 11/14/07, 02:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mgreene
No offense but...
I would suggest a better source of ranking.
"The surveys are optionally anonymous and require only five minutes to complete. Thanks!"
It would be easy to skew these rating and it looks like it there were only 5 surveys to get it to #5.
If you want to prove your point please find a more substantial reference.
Old 11/14/07, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's another : http://urnet.uah.edu/news/read.asp?newsID=577

and if they were a "third rate college" I don't think they'd be getting so many research grants:

http://resadmin.uah.edu/research/NSFTop20.html

UAH cited among best by Consumer Digest

The University of Alabama in Huntsville has received a top ranking in a recent exclusive report, 2007 College Road Map, by Consumers Digest magazine. UAH placed 15th out of thousands of colleges and universities nationwide for providing the best academic value per dollar.

"UAH continues to be recognized as one of the best universities in the nation," said Gary Smith, UAH's associate vice president for Enrollment Services. "Consumer Digest's recent rankings communicate to the world the fact that we have been engaged in and committed to providing a quality education for students for quite some time, and we are providing that education at a good value. We are extremely proud of this national acknowledgment."

The "Best Values" rankings, were published in Consumers Digest's June edition. The institutions listed in the magazine were evaluated from a formula that balanced the academic excellence of incoming college students (standardized test scores, high school rank, grade point average) with the institution's educational quality (four and six-year graduation rate, student-to-faculty ratio, and percentage of faculty holding a Ph.D. degree). The consolidated "value-index" score was figured with the cost of attending each school to determine which schools offered the most academic value per dollar for students attending college during the 2005-06 academic year.

The Consumer Digest ranking is the third publication that has ranked UAH as a "best value." The Princeton Review has chosen UAH as one of America's Best Value Colleges in their 2007 edition, and UAH has been named as one of "America's 100 Best College Buys" for 11 consecutive years by Institutional Research.
Old 11/15/07, 10:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mmr007
so let's get real folks...if you walked onto a ford dealership and saw two identical mustangs...completely the same in every way, but one got 17mpg and the other got 37 mpg
Uh, Stuart. Not to bash, but I thought you said let's get real?
The Mustang does not get 37MPG. My choice is 15MPG or 17MPG according to the web page below. But then, those are not identical Mustangs.

http://autos.yahoo.com/ford_mustang/

So, to "get real", I would forego the 2MPG for the added performance.
Old 11/15/07, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

I drive a F-250 4x4 to work every day. It gets 9mpg if I'm lucky and the neighbors hate the smoke cloud. The license plate reads

8APRIUS

Whilst others explore biodiesel and other alternative-fuel options, I'm looking at ways to liquefy baby seals and burn them instead.
Old 11/15/07, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

8APRUIS

Whilst others explore biodiesel and other alternative-fuel options, I'm looking at ways to liquefy baby seals and burn them instead.
LMFAO!!
Old 11/15/07, 06:10 PM

Old 11/15/07, 06:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keep the stang get rid of your expedition. Buy A hybrid SUV and or buy a V6 Mustang
Old 11/15/07, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am trying to enjoy my Mustang before the ocean covers the Eastern seaboard if you don't mind. No but seriously trade your car in for a greener car if you will make yourself feel better and help with all the global warming. Problem there is someone else will just buy it and drive it anyway.
Old 11/16/07, 04:59 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts
mother nature will fix herself in due time .. she just may have to remove a few billion earthlings to do it but that may not be such a bad thing
Old 11/16/07, 08:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HOSS429
she just may have to remove a few billion earthlings to do it...
We can just give Crypto a call...

Attachment 35778
Attached Thumbnails can I spill my guts????-dah_wp1_1024.jpg  
Old 11/16/07, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

If the 'Stang must go, I hope it gets a good home. We all make decisions that we feel we must do......and some hurt more than others. Whatever you buy will most likely get better gas mileage and also make you feel better about the environment, etc. Good luck and let us know what you decided.