Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

09 GT500KR

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/08, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow04GT
It's called capitalism...if someone is willing to pay a higher price then by all means let them.
I'm all about capitalism - but, then, why even have a sticker price if it's of no use? I can tell you that Woody is losing far more in word of mouth sales references by doing this crap on all their special hi-per cars than they'll make by their "market adjustment" techniques.
Old 9/19/08, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up short sighted dealers

Yes you are correct...

Call it what you will, these short sighted dealers aren't doing their customers or themselves any favors...

Originally Posted by mgreene
I'm all about capitalism - but, then, why even have a sticker price if it's of no use? I can tell you that Woody is losing far more in word of mouth sales references by doing this crap on all their special hi-per cars than they'll make by their "market adjustment" techniques.
Old 9/19/08, 06:38 PM
Cobra R Member

"2008 Shelby GT500 ~ ~ Black on Black Stripe Delete ~ HID's ~ Premium Trim Package She's a Driver ~ Not a Garage Queen The Most Powerful Factory Built Mustang EVER!"

Uhhhhh.....

Old 9/19/08, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Buy it.
Old 9/19/08, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I see Hayseed beat me to the pictures. Went by this morning to see my old working partner, Jeff Parker, and to take a few pictures. Also found an another interesting car on the showroom floor, a Racecraft 420S, by Saleen.

Last edited by Redbaron93; 1/1/09 at 07:06 AM.
Old 9/19/08, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Sticker prices have always been worthless. Manufacture's Suggested Retail Price is just that a suggestion from Ford. I don't think Woody Anderson is hurting any seeing as they are building a new used car lot off of Hughes Rd and just bought another dealership in TN.

I am not saying they haven't done shady things in the past or that they don't play crazy dealership tricks but in this case I don't see anything wrong with putting up a very limited addition car up for auction.
Old 9/19/08, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I can't understand how dealers are allowed to mark-up. Hell if we could buy it directly from Shelby you could buy two! Pretty sick that dealers take advantage of this, maybe because some people are dumb enough to pay that price HELLO!

Jed
Old 9/19/08, 08:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I can't understand how dealers are allowed to mark-up. Hell if we could buy it directly from Shelby you could buy two! Pretty sick that dealers take advantage of this, maybe because some people are dumb enough to pay that price HELLO!

Jed
I hate to use this analogy, as its been used plenty in the past, but its the same as someone who is seling their home. They had it appraised at, oh I don't know, $295K. But they put it out on the market for $335K! Its basically the same thing? Selling something for more than its worth. People don't berate the home seller for this. They are trying to get every cent they can get for it.
Old 9/19/08, 09:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It comes down to the point that there will always be people out there with enough money and stupidity enough to pay mark ups. It happened when the '05's came out, people paid sticker, or more, just so they could be one of the first ones to have the new body style. I remember when I went Woody Anderson Ford in December of '94 to be a salesman and all the guys were telling me how all the '94 Mustangs had sold for sticker. So until we, as the buying public, decide we don't need to have the first one on the block dealerships will keep marking prices above sticker.
Old 9/20/08, 12:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cat got your tongue?

Originally Posted by Puter
"2008 Shelby GT500 ~ ~ Black on Black Stripe Delete ~ HID's ~ Premium Trim Package She's a Driver ~ Not a Garage Queen The Most Powerful Factory Built Mustang EVER!"

Uhhhhh.....

Old 9/20/08, 07:26 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Redbaron93
It comes down to the point that there will always be people out there with enough money and stupidity enough to pay mark ups. It happened when the '05's came out, people paid sticker, or more, just so they could be one of the first ones to have the new body style. I remember when I went Woody Anderson Ford in December of '94 to be a salesman and all the guys were telling me how all the '94 Mustangs had sold for sticker. So until we, as the buying public, decide we don't need to have the first one on the block dealerships will keep marking prices above sticker.

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I hate to use this analogy, as its been used plenty in the past, but its the same as someone who is seling their home. They had it appraised at, oh I don't know, $295K. But they put it out on the market for $335K! Its basically the same thing? Selling something for more than its worth. People don't berate the home seller for this. They are trying to get every cent they can get for it.
Exactly!!!

Last edited by shadow04GT; 9/20/08 at 07:32 AM.
Old 9/22/08, 06:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Cat got your tongue?
Nope.
But my kitten did meow that it is time to change your sig.

You got 500.
KR is 540.
Old 9/22/08, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exclamation The MOST POWERFUL FACTORY-BUILT Mustang Ever

You seem to have read my signature wrong, or you do not understand the difference between the FACTORY-BUILT 2007/2008/2009 500 Horsepower GT500, The MOST POWERFUL FACTORY-BUILT Mustang Ever, and a standard Ford "Upfitters Package" shipped out and MODIFIED by a secondary manufacture like Saleen, Roush or Shelby.

All GT500's and GT500KR's roll off Fords (FACTORY-BUILT) assembly line with the same 500 Horsepower. Once shipped to the Shelby secondary manufacture facility, the 500 Horsepower GT500 engine gets a MODIFIED (KR) tune for the additional 40 Horsepower. It may be hard for you to distinguish, but there is a big difference.

As my signature and the Ford Poster says and the GT500 with 500 Horsepower is Still

The MOST POWERFUL FACTORY-BUILT Mustang Ever.

When (or is that if) Ford, not a secondary manufacture, produces a Mustang that exceeds 500 Horsepower, I'll update my signature accordingly.

I hope I have helped you get that worked out, thank you for your concern.

Nope.
But my kitten did meow that it is time to change your sig.

You got 500.
KR is 540.
Attached Thumbnails 09 GT500KR-mostpowerfulfactorybuiltmustangever.jpg  
Old 9/22/08, 03:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, gosh.
you sure told me off.
I'm gonna go cry.
I'm gonna just take my stuff and leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s
Old 9/22/08, 06:00 PM
GT Member

A true classic
Old 9/22/08, 06:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

No need to cry, You really should get your own stuff squared away before you start worrying about other peoples stuff though...

Well, gosh.
you sure told me off.
I'm gonna go cry.
I'm gonna just take my stuff and leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s
Old 9/22/08, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Mike, I'll offer you sticker price for any of your cars. Let me know when I can come pick them up.

I'm squarely in Shadow's corner. Set an asking price and see who wants it. If no one raises their hand, lower the price until demand equals supply. If ten people want it, raise the price until supply equals demand.

No way I'd give big bucks for any new car. You can't buy a new classic.

And to the guy with the MOST POWERFUL FACTORY BUILT MUSTANG EVER, congratulations. Wanna race?
Old 9/23/08, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mberglo
Hey Mike, I'll offer you sticker price for any of your cars. Let me know when I can come pick them up.
There is no sticker on Mike's collection, maybe an appraised value, that could be blown out of the water say if Mike were to place his H up for auction at B-J. Could bring $250K on the right day, but might just bring $150K. But if he sold it what could he replace it for?

I'm squarely in Shadow's corner. Set an asking price and see who wants it. If no one raises their hand, lower the price until demand equals supply. If ten people want it, raise the price until supply equals demand.
Limited run production cars sell to 2 different people's. The one's who want it to drive, have, say hey look at me, and have disposable income regardless of costs, they see one they like and get it. It's just money, if you have it, buy what you want with it. The other type of buyer is an investor, speculator, engineer type that will analize every little part of every vehicle available before purchase, then stick the car in storage and keep an eye on values for the next 20 years. The run of the mill production cars should be selling as fast as the dealer's can have them shipped in. Make a little profit and move on, stop the song and dance routine. I couldn't sell cars for a dealer that has a leash around my neck. If a person goes to the dealership they are interested in purchasing a new car, sell them one before they leave and find a better deal, they will.

No way I'd give big bucks for any new car. You can't buy a new classic.
I'm not into new Stangs, if I won the lottery I would buy a Ford GT, because...Apprehensive at first, I'm glad the aftermarket is punching out '67 Mustang fastbacks and '69 Camaros, and you can build them from a catalog or the internet using all new components or a mixture of original and replacement OE or hot rod style parts. The 'original' MCA correct (for what that's worth) Mustangs will have historical significance and value, but the new street rod Stangs will have a lot higher price due to the appeal to the potential buyer. If all you have to spend is $20K, you're not going to even consider the $120K Stang of today! kennyg
Old 9/23/08, 06:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kennyg
...if I won the lottery I would buy a Ford GT.... kennyg
Hey Kenny, you and me both. The Ford GT is a "new classic", and suprisingly, is NOT depreciating in value at all. If you have one, and its low mileage, all original, they are actually appreciating in value. The Heritage Color (Light Blue & Orange, my favorite), are creeping over $200K again in some markets (as per the Ford GT Forum people).
Old 9/23/08, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mberglo
But, I'm not in the retail business and I don't have a sticker price on my cars. When you go to Walmart and see a box of Cheerios priced at $2.99, isn't that what you expect to pay? Or, do you expect to pay a "market adjustment" on that cereal, meaning that that the marked sticker price is irrelevant?

Oh, and the sticker on my '93 Cobra was a little over $21,000. I'll have it washed and ready for you this afternoon.

Last edited by mgreene; 9/23/08 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 09 GT500KR