2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Someone at Autoblog actually understands the Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/07 | 04:46 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

What is this world coming to? There used to be a time when threesomes were good enough!
BANG GANG!!!

Old 11/19/07 | 04:51 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

What is this world coming to? There used to be a time when threesomes were good enough!
BANG GANG!!!

Naw, George, it seems they need at least five individuals now to mount a troll insurgency.

Old 11/19/07 | 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
"It would cost too much" is always the argument that Ford and its supporters trot out, yet which many other more successful automakers never seem to have to fall back on. And yet Ford seems to be perpetually in the red. Go figure. Those things I mentioned wouldn't have cost that much - that's an altogether erroneous argument given how much money most Stangers shell out for mods anyway - but they would have made the car more unique and special. I, for one, would have happily paid another $500 to $1000 for those features, and I suspect others would have, too, particularly given that Ford doesn't have many SEs of its own and the appetite for specialty Mustangs remains strong.
Things like new hoods require some extensive development, especially those as intricate as the one you so desire. Wind tunnel testing, crash testing, durability and other standards testing needed to guarantee a good product that meets Ford's standards. That extra $1000 cost would surely dissuade just as many people (or more) as it would convince people like you.

Regardless, Ford is in a bad situation financially and the Mustang is one of the only money makers it has. It needs to make financially sound decisions. Those include not making the Bullitt something it never was before and does not need to be now, and thus maintain a healthy profit margin.

The wise decision is to make a car that creatively uses the resources at hand (i.e. parts bin performance parts) while bringing some new and unique features to GT buyers (DHG paint, GT500 seats and steering wheel, aluminum dash, raised rev limiter, etc). All for a very affordable price, while still producing a desirable product. Ford did this, and will be much better for the future because of it. Catering to a few people who would spend that much extra on aesthetic upgrades would alienate those that view this package as a good deal.
Old 11/19/07 | 04:56 PM
Banned

RCSignals:

I wanted you to know that I hearby appoint you president of the 'HollywoodNorth_GT Fan Club'.

I was thinking about appointing Whammer, since he seems to be the self-styled "ring leader" of the 'Fearsome Foursome', but instead, I have chosen to appoint you.

Why? Because of your dedication to "truth"; your devotion to "the cause" (spending time looking up my old posts shows true diligence and passion); your conscientious efforts to "spread the word"—both here and elsewhere around web—and, of course, your desire to lavish attention upon me.

Of course, some might think such fannish obsessions constitute a cyber-stalker, but hey, I know your hero worship is sincere.
And you wonder why all the strife around here resolves around you .
Old 11/19/07 | 04:57 PM

Naw, George, it seems they need at least five individuals now to mount a troll insurgency.

I think, you missed, the point.

Old 11/19/07 | 05:27 PM
Cobra R Member

TexasBlueOval pointed out the "ignore" feature on these forums- I have since engaged it's use and it's pretty good.
No longer do I need to read the crap from Hollywood GT (the guy with the heavily moded GT...what's does it have? Oh yeah, tinted windows! LMAO!!!!)

The Bullitt is a very well done car and there will be 7700 very satisfied owners. When I get mine I think I'll add the same mod's as Hollywood- some window tint will look pretty sharp.
Old 11/19/07 | 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Uh-huh. Based on, not "commonly used."

Like I said, who uses colloquial Old English hwinsian anymore?
You just can't handle being wrong can you

and you really have trouble comprehending "[Dialectal alteration of Middle English <tt>whinsen</tt>, from Old English <tt>hwinsian</tt>.]"

Whinge certainly fits better than Whine
Old 11/19/07 | 05:48 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RCSignals
You just can't handle being wrong can you

and you really have trouble comprehending "[Dialectal alteration of Middle English <tt>whinsen</tt>, from Old English <tt>hwinsian</tt>.]"

Whinge certainly fits better than Whine
I guess we can expect you to break into a Welsh brogue next then, eh, professor?
Old 11/19/07 | 05:53 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by LonghornTX
And you wonder why all the strife around here resolves around you .
Because certain attention-seeking trolls keep showing up on this board, running off their mouths with snide remarks every time someone has an opinion contrary to the one viewed through their own rose-colored glasses.

They deserve every ounce of flak they get.

Old 11/19/07 | 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

While we're on the subject of magical appearing acts, perhaps you could learn the reverse and make yourself disappear.

Haha... okay, chief... I'll get right on that. Don't worry, those of us who will own the new bullitt will be around for a very long time.

I find your need to defend yourself constantly very amusing.
Old 11/19/07 | 07:13 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by wally05
...those of us who will own the new bullitt will be around for a very long time.
You mean, like roaches...?

I find your need to defend yourself constantly very amusing.
In fact, it's the primary reason you're here.

It's certainly not because you have anything valuable to add.
Old 11/19/07 | 07:19 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Whammer
No longer do I need to read the crap from Hollywood GT (the guy with the heavily moded GT...what's does it have? Oh yeah, tinted windows! LMAO!!!!)
"Tinted windows"?

Better have another look there, bubba...or get some glasses.

Drivel and factual inaccuracies do not an argument make.

And on that note, y'all have a nice life...
Old 11/19/07 | 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Haha... okay, chief... I'll get right on that. Don't worry, those of us who will own the new bullitt will be around for a very long time.
Yeah, that's another amusing aspect of all of this. In a few months time we will all have our new Bullitts and we will be on here posting how great the car is. It will drive those guys crazy!!!!!
Old 11/19/07 | 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

"Tinted windows"?

Better have another look there, bubba...or get some glasses.

Drivel and factual inaccuracies do not an argument make.

And on that note, y'all have a nice life...
Yeah... you too. "Do not an argument make"... I'll leave that alone. You know, no one came on here wanting to fight... I just got sick of your pointless, whiny posts and decided I'd join in on the fun. On that note, have a nice life... back to the Bullitt. Anyone seen a black one yet?
Old 11/19/07 | 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Whammer
... In a few months time we will all have our new Bullitts and we will be on here posting how great the car is. It will drive those guys crazy!!!!!

If the topics turn out to be as ingenious as they are at imboc, which I am sure they will be, we will have a lot of fun.

Not to bust your bubble but outside imboc or this forum not much interest has been shown for the Bullitt on the major Mustang boards. As I posted before, the Bullitt is the best SE thus far IMO but outside its home base it is insignificant and that's no fantasy. Just like it was back in 2001 which started at BON and transferred to imboc upon its creation.

It would be a good idea to enjoy your ten minutes of fame, while it lasts.
Old 11/19/07 | 09:21 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

If the topics turn out to be as ingenious as they are at imboc, which I am sure they will be, we will have a lot of fun.

Not to bust your bubble but outside imboc or this forum not much interest has been shown for the Bullitt on the major Mustang boards. As I posted before, the Bullitt is the best SE thus far IMO but outside its home base it is insignificant and that's no fantasy. Just like it was back in 2001 which started at BON and transferred to imboc upon its creation.

It would be a good idea to enjoy your ten minutes of fame, while it lasts.

I think life's a little different over in 'Wally World', George.

Oh dear, ya gotta admit these guys are too easy - like taking candy from a baby.
Old 11/19/07 | 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

You're not bursting anyone's bubble. People that are posting on this forum wanted info. on the Bullitt, including me. The thing is, between you and Hollywood, there have been enough useless, owner-slamming posts to fill up multiple threads. And why? B/c someone wants one? B/c you think it is an "insignificant" SE? THAT is the reason why IMBOC was started and will continue to grow. I don't mind hearing opinions, it's when it gets into jerk remarks that are only meant to bring each person you are responding to down. In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty sure at least 4 newer members stated that they are sick of it and have left. Does that say something? I don't think anyone would respond that way to legitimate opinions about the car. I'm pretty sure this is only forum where I have joined where this happens and no one steps in to cut it out. But, I will continue to post here b/c I've met some pretty stand up guys that can voice their opinions and still respect each other. Some of them have helped quite a bit.

This is the last I have to say on this.
Old 11/19/07 | 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I think life's a little different over in 'Wally World', George.

Oh dear, ya gotta admit these guys are too easy - like taking candy from a baby.
Haha... wally world... real original. Enjoy your preschool antics, boys. B/c I'm pretty sure everyone is done playing.
Old 11/19/07 | 09:32 PM
Closet American

This is the last I have to say on this.
If we're lucky.

On the other hand, perhaps you have indeed learned your lesson that discretion is the better part of valor, and will keep jealous, puerile and inflammatory remarks to yourself from here on in. And hopefully your "crew" will be smart enough to do the same.
Old 11/19/07 | 09:55 PM

... you think it is an "insignificant" SE? THAT is the reason why IMBOC was started and will continue to grow...
It is an important SE here because this is were the main source of information has been and is now on imboc because there are now other topics discuss other than "... are '08 owners going to be welcome here?"

One of the reasons why imboc was started was because the heat got too warm at BON, which was the main source of information then and not too many of your pen pals were willing to take criticism.

As for cutting it out, reasoning doesn't work with you guys. It shouldn't be up to the MODS to step in and clean up the mess, this is not imboc II and you can't have it both ways. Neither Hollywood or I are posting over there, there is no point in us going over there, for what? No more so than going to a Chevy site to start stirring crap on their turf. Yet YOU and a few others are encouraging imboc members to come here and take a dump. If your sanctuary is being preserved ours will be as well, one way or another.

If you want it to stop, here is your chance.

Quick Reply: Someone at Autoblog actually understands the Bullitt