2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Someone at Autoblog actually understands the Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/07, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For sure, almost all (if not all) the reviews on the new Bullitt are positive. And that says a whole lot about this car. Usually they find something that really chews at them, but overall, this car is a hit for the attending audience. People who buy one will own a very unique car.
Old 11/15/07, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

While I'm not going to buy one (I like vista blue better than green or black and I don't want to part with my '06) , I do like the idea of a clean, low profile machine that has some tweaks to give it that extra "coolness".

If the Bullitt edition was available back when I bought my '06 I probably would have bought one. I was definitely inspired by the 2001 Bullitt and ordered by '06 with the Bullitt wheels and kept it clean and low profile (no stripes or side scoops, just some subtle customization.)

Now, I'm looking forward to perhaps getting some of the upgraded suspension pieces for my '06.
Old 11/15/07, 06:45 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
You're calling me ignorant?

You have been a good source of laughter. I just bring your points to light. The funny part is you do all the leg work.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that when a reply is based on a member's name, sig, or profile which have nothing to do with the contents of the discussions, it indicates the poster has little or no substance to counter the particular or opposing views. Then there is the name calling you and some of your compatriots have to rely on in order provide the appearance of a valid counter point. And all because I and others don't share your fanatical stand and have a different perspective, of all things, a car.

To answer your question, an implication is only validated by the prove.
Old 11/15/07, 07:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
DHG and Highland Green are my favorite colors which are livelier and a lot better looking than the '68 version was. The color was one of the main factors I wanted a BULLITT since it hasn't been and won't be offered on any other Mustang model.

Its name, the relation to Steve McQueen, King of Cool, the movie, Lt. Frank Bullitt, the chase, or any tribute in associattion with its celebrity status were not even a consideration. I'd take high performance and knowing that it is top of the line over popularity each and every time.

As far as I am concerned, the one item which the BULLITT has going for it is that is the best of the three SEs Ford has introduced thus far on the current Mustang generation but...
I understand, and many buyers won't even know what the movie is.
thing is without the movie there wouldn't be a Bullitt SE Mustang.

I don't know if it's the best SE to date, but it's the SE that best appeals to me. That's not to take away from the others.

Too bad there wasn't a Mustang in the Wizard of OZ

But hey, Firebird lovers have an SE of one of these to look forward to

Old 11/15/07, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

Let's just say for the sake of argument that when a reply is based on a member's name, sig, or profile which have nothing to do with the contents of the discussions, it indicates the poster has little or no substance to counter the particular or opposing views. .............
you forgot 'post count'
Old 11/15/07, 07:18 PM

The BULLITT won't suffer from the quality, ride, and noise issues the Shelby GT stamped on itself or the featured cosmetics based GT/CS. In my book it makes the BULLITT best SE to date.
Old 11/15/07, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

did someone say Highland green GT500?
Old 11/15/07, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Can this whole bickering thing stop? It has gone beyond talking about the car and has focused on personal insults on the people who are wanting to buy the car... isn't this a little rediculous?

The Bullitt is the Bullitt, the Shelby is a Shelby. The Shelby is very nice, but expensive as heck. The Bullitt is in my price range and I'm happy with the power.
Old 11/16/07, 05:44 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whammer
And FOR SURE I will have many Bullitt fantasies while I blast around town!!
I just hope you won't be shooting blanks!

Originally Posted by RCSignals
you forgot 'post count'
I'm suddenly having a peculiar feeling of déjÃ* vu. Didn't I just leave this party?

Think I'll kick back and enjoy the fruits of my handiwork...

Old 11/16/07, 06:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I'm suddenly having a peculiar feeling of déjÃ* vu. Didn't I just leave this party?

Ummm, I think he was making fun of you- as in- what does post count have to do with anything?
Old 11/16/07, 06:19 AM
Closet American

Ummm, I think he was making fun of you- as in- what does post count have to do with anything?

Thanks, Captain Obvious!

Old 11/16/07, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

I do find it humorous that people actually seem offended by the fact that others are actually content with the Bullitt, citing the argument that if we show approval for a certain level of performance, then Ford won't give us anything better down the road. That argument only makes sense if Ford had some sort of monopoly over the car market and had no competitors to counter. However, competition does exist, and the Challenger, Camaro, and Genesis are fast approaching.

Does anyone really think that Ford is going to sit on its laurels when the 350HP+ (or whatever) Challenger and Camaro come out and say, "Oh, Mustang fans were satisfied with *insert random Mustang here*, so with that in mind, we won't give them anything better. We'll just let the competition trample over us."

Don't worry folks, the Mach 1 and/or Boss will be here in due time. Unless Ford and its dealers surprise me, I know I won't be able to afford one though.
Old 11/16/07, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

You have been a good source of laughter. I just bring your points to light. The funny part is you do all the leg work.
Actually,you have been a quite a good source of pompous hot air. The funny part is you really imagine yourself to be so wise and important and that your petty opinions really mean anything to anyone else. Wow, that's rather sad when you think about. Ironically, you're the one that brought up living in a fantasy world. I pity your sad plight.
Let's just say for the sake of argument that when a reply is based on a member's name, sig, or profile which have nothing to do with the contents of the discussions, it indicates the poster has little or no substance to counter the particular or opposing views.
What in the world are you babbling about? I've never made any reply to you based on your name, sig or profile. If I did where is it? You really need to work on those critical reading skills... ...or maybe quit drinking so much.

Then there is the name calling you and some of your compatriots have to rely on in order provide the appearance of a valid counter point.
Another WTF?!? Kindly point out the post where I called you or anybody a name. You can't because I never have. You, on the other hand, when the going gets rough and you have nothing left to say to defend your opinions, resort to calling me "ignorant". "valid counterpoint"?
And all because I and others don't share your fanatical stand and have a different perspective, of all things, a car.
My "fanatical stand"? All I said was I understand what Ford trying to do with car and I like it for what it is. I'm not the one with a fanatical hatred for Carroll Shelby. I'm not the one who was so disappointed about the '08 Bullitt not being 400 hp supercar I imagined that I have to make snide remarks and belittle people who like the car. You better take a look in the mirror, chuckles.

To answer your question, an implication is only validated by the prove.
Nah, you've answered my question with the garbled sentence fragment above which shows a feeble, failed attempt to sound intelligent.
"...validated by the prove..

It sounds like you should really invest in a dictionary and thesaurus!

Considering you called me "ignorant" while you can't even string together a cohesive sentence, it sounds like your were projecting your own feelings of inadequacy and ignorance upon me. You've gained my pity, my poor tragic friend. I feel your pain!
Old 11/16/07, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford is already armed and waiting for the competition. They are way ahead of the game, because the Mustang can be such a versatile car by adding this or that to it to gain the upper hand. They don't have to create a new model. Since the GT500 is currently the top dog, it's easy for Ford to downline the car to a suitable level. This will be a repeat of 2001 with 2008 starting up with the Bullitt, then the Mach1/Boss, followed by an upgraded GT500 and a GT350 if necessary. Nobody can draw on the nameplate like Ford can.
Old 11/16/07, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I can guarantee that Ford is working on it right now. Go to www.imboc.com and read the most recent front page article. When Greg was talking to the designer of the Bullitt and tried to ask more questions about the next mustangs... the designer just said "trust us." I'll take that. Whether it be a BOSS, Mach1, whatever, I'm sure it will be a nice contender to GM's efforts and probably cheaper also. Also for those of you who don't understand why Ford didn't stick a bigger engine in the car, you can read that article and get an account as to why.

The designers feared a problem with the balance of the car and the engineering that would have to go into different parts for it. It would have easily put the price closer to 40K. Who is going to buy the car for $40K when you can get the GT500 for not really that much more? Homerun=Bullitt.
Old 11/16/07, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
... You're gained my pity, my poor tragic friend. I feel your pain!

Yes, my life is very tragic and worthy of pity. Those might be the reasons why I cry myself to sleep every night. I tell ya, it's miserable a life!

I appreciate the gesture of concern and sympathy. As my gesture of gratitude I offer my sincere best wishes on you maintaining the effort to refrain from experiencing any of the pains I am suffer from. Ever!

Thank you again. Friends?

Old 11/16/07, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Here's the link to the OMBOC article- http://www.imboc.com/main/index.php?...id=58&Itemid=2

The article makes mention of how hard the Ford developers worked on this car and how proud they are of it. And I agree that they should be proud of it!
There are a few bitter and angry members who seem to take great delight in bashing this car (and it's a great insult to those who worked so hard on this car) but I'm sure they have no understanding of what hard work and pride are.
Old 11/16/07, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I just finished the article from the member of IMBOC. It's nice to hear what a Mustang guy thinks of this car after he's actually experienced it. And I think he liked it very much. Again, we should feel very fortunate that Ford even offers this car to us and the respective designers and engineers have every right to be proud of it. They explained how and why non-essentials never made it on the car like the twin marker hood, CS fascia, louvers, bigger engine, etc. It all makes a lot of sense. A great car overall and well priced!
Old 11/16/07, 03:36 PM
Closet American

Here's the link to the OMBOC article- http://www.imboc.com/main/index.php?...id=58&Itemid=2

The article makes mention of how hard the Ford developers worked on this car and how proud they are of it. And I agree that they should be proud of it!
There are a few bitter and angry members who seem to take great delight in bashing this car (and it's a great insult to those who worked so hard on this car) but I'm sure they have no understanding of what hard work and pride are.
You're right. Ford of North America works VERY hard on all its products, and its sales figures prove it.
Old 11/16/07, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I just hope you won't be shooting blanks!

Stand back people, that EGO is about to burst

Quick Reply: Someone at Autoblog actually understands the Bullitt