2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

MRT "BULLITT RELOAD" UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/08, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MRT "BULLITT RELOAD" UPDATE

I talked to Dan from MRT yesterday. He promises to be posting a "Bullitt Reload" update banner this week. The hood is taking some time to work out the kinks. He doesn't expect it to be ready until June - but claims that it will be the defining part of the "Reload" package. But other "Reload" parts will be available for purchase soon. I also asked him about the Bullitt shift ball and stalk. He says that MRT had received a Bullitt prototype and that they were working from it. And he went on to say that apparently the protype used a standard GT shifter and boot so engineering was sent these specs to develop the Bullitt ball and stalk - hence the problems. He advises that MRT has now received a production Bullitt and are working from it to develop a revised Bullitt stalk.
Old 4/15/08, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Speeding Bullitt
I talked to Dan from MRT yesterday. He promises to be posting a "Bullitt Reload" update banner this week. The hood is taking some time to work out the kinks. He doesn't expect it to be ready until June - but claims that it will be the defining part of the "Reload" package. But other "Reload" parts will be available for purchase soon. I also asked him about the Bullitt shift ball and stalk. He says that MRT had received a Bullitt prototype and that they were working from it. And he went on to say that apparently the protype used a standard GT shifter and boot so engineering was sent these specs to develop the Bullitt ball and stalk - hence the problems. He advises that MRT has now received a production Bullitt and are working from it to develop a revised Bullitt stalk.
I'm still not reassured.

All the pre-production cars are exactly the same as the Production cars.

The shift ball and stalk problems from MRT have been for a ball that was existing for teh '01 B, and the stalk from what I can tell also pre-existed they just picked it from stock as might work.

Good to hear they finally have an actual '08 Bullitt to develop/fit these parts on.
Old 4/15/08, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RCSignals
I'm still not reassured.

All the pre-production cars are exactly the same as the Production cars.
It depends which run of the pre-production cars. I understand the "pilot production" (PP) to be the ones that should be the same, not necessarily ones produced before that.
Old 4/15/08, 09:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
It depends which run of the pre-production cars. I understand the "pilot production" (PP) to be the ones that should be the same, not necessarily ones produced before that.
True about Pilot production.

I doubt any actual pre-production cars were sent outside of Ford.
Old 4/16/08, 05:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I doubt any actual pre-production cars were sent outside of Ford.
I believe that would depend on if an outsourced vendor (e.g., Roush) was involved in development. Also, I assume that if an aftermarket company had agreement with Ford through the SEMA technology transfer arrangement, they might see these cars.

At any rate, hopefully things will be corrected with the shift **** and the entire Reload option will make a great car even better.
Old 4/16/08, 11:16 AM
Cobra Member

I believe that would depend on if an outsourced vendor (e.g., Roush) was involved in development. Also, I assume that if an aftermarket company had agreement with Ford through the SEMA technology transfer arrangement, they might see these cars.
According to an owner of an engineering Company that works with Ford and other auto manufacturers it depends on the Company and what it does. There are various levels set up.
Pre-production cars are not normally sent to companies that are producing 'after market' products but may have a technology transfer agreement and have access to engineering and computer modelling data etc.

Ford has or had a programme to sell pilot and production cars to companies at something like $1 cost.

At any rate, hopefully things will be corrected with the shift **** and the entire Reload option will make a great car even better.
Hopefully, but 'make a great car even better.' is a subjective matter .

Personally I'm not interested in a turbo charger, SHR rear side windows, a reverse vented hood, red brake calipers, and I like the sound of the exhaust as it is.......
Old 4/16/08, 05:56 PM
Cobra Member

I don't think I'll be terribly interested in the Reload package as a whole, but I do look forward to seeing what they produce. I'm mostly interested in the dual-vented hood. Hopefully they can make it work with the sealed CAI...
Old 4/16/08, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

According to an owner of an engineering Company that works with Ford and other auto manufacturers it depends on the Company and what it does. There are various levels set up.
Pre-production cars are not normally sent to companies that are producing 'after market' products but may have a technology transfer agreement and have access to engineering and computer modelling data etc.
I think "it depends who you know" might play a role, however, I presume MRT did not have access to a Bullitt before its release. The initial S197 rollout was different. When I was in MI back in 2004, I was told there were a number of companies that had cars to be ready for such a dramatic change.

Ford has or had a programme to sell pilot and production cars to companies at something like $1 cost.
The buying public should be only so lucky

Hopefully, but 'make a great car even better.' is a subjective matter .
Of course, it is - it was my editorial comment on what I think is coming that provides a level of customization that some may like very much.

Personally I'm not interested in a turbo charger, SHR rear side windows, a reverse vented hood, red brake calipers, and I like the sound of the exhaust as it is.......
The exhaust sound is the only thing I would not mess with myself, but the rest are appealing to me.