2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Just checked out the new Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/08, 12:55 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked out the new Bullitt

I just checked out the new 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt at a local Ford dealership. It was in the showroom surrounded by other new Mustangs.

Things I like
* green metallic paint is unique and looks good
* low-key exterior w/out scoops & spoilers give it a sleeper look
* massive tail pipes look cool and probably sing an intoxicating sound
* front seats are super supportive and comfortable and look very good
* shifter felt perfect going through the gates - the best I've felt on a Mustang
* interesting steering wheel design/look

Things I dislike
* $7,000 market adjustment bringing total to $38k
* black painted wheels seem to dull the exterior - I like polished aluminum
* plain brakes look a bit weak - would prefer Brembo set up

Mixed views
* interior dashboard panel w/turned aluminum look - it's a bit busy
* almost no exterior identification - sleeper but hard to tell what it is, especially in black
* wonder about its future value - the last gen Bullitt seems to have dropped most of its value

Overall view
* I really like the car and think it would be a blast to drive. It's probably the best sounding Mustang available and a superb package.

Does anyone know if the following options can be ordered on the 2008 Bullitt:

* comfort group or heated seats
* premier trim package

I'm guessing the special seats prevent the heated seats option and the shifter set up prevents the premier trim package.
Old 2/26/08, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

No heated seats, no trim package.
Old 2/26/08, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Okay thanks. That's what I figured.

I forgot to mention MotorWeek will perform a road test for the 2008 Mustang Bullitt starting this weekend on television (PBS & Speed Channel). From their website:

Episode Title: 2726/Ford Mustang Bullit
PBS Broadcast window begins February 29, 2008

Quick Listing:
Road Test: Trick 2008 Ford Mustang Bullit
Road Test: All-New 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser
Goss' Garage: Oily Tools
FYI: Guide To Smart Leasing

Source: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/upcomingshows.shtml
Old 2/26/08, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the tip on Motorweek's test on the Bullitt. I'll be looking for it. Remember, the Bullitt is supposed to follow the original ( the 1968 car ) as much as possible, therefore no bright wheels. But you could always change 'em. They should've up graded the brakes like the 2001's, but apparently the composite in the pads is different.
Old 2/26/08, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball1
Mixed views
* wonder about its future value - the last gen Bullitt seems to have dropped most of its value
Curious what you mean by that...thanks in advance for your response.
Old 2/26/08, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Me too. The 01 bullitts are holding pretty well. I've seen them go for a chunk of change over a normal gt of the same year. None of these cars will hold much value for a long time, but they will depreciate slower. It just depends on the market.
Old 2/26/08, 10:38 PM
Cobra Member

did the one you saw have BLACK painted wheels? They should have been metallic grey and the calipers painted to match.

No on these packages
* comfort group or heated seats
* premier trim package

some of the contents might be in the Bullitt though, you'd have to look up each package.
Old 2/26/08, 10:58 PM
Cobra R Member

The $7000 ADM kills me! Why is Ford ruining the Mustang with this nonsense. Ford makes so many special additions for the Mustang that it hardly seems that they are all that special. I have to admit I personally am not a fan of the new Bullitt's looks but I do like the idea of more power, handling, upgraded shifter, seats, steering wheel..........but wow $38,000 just for a tarted up GT? This reminds me of the Shelby GT. I don't mean to offend anybody here but I don't see $38,000 when I look at one of these.

Back in 03-04 the Mach1 was a true SE in my opinion you got a boatload more than the GT for only a couple grand more............ just my .02
Old 2/26/08, 11:32 PM
Cobra Member

Ford isn't the one applying the ADMs

Ford didn't see $38K when they priced it under $32K either

The price of the Bullitt is fair. I've see many GT Premium coupes and CS/GTs with higher MSRP after frilly options are added
Old 2/26/08, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, it's the dealership doing it all. The bullitt is an amazing deal.
Old 2/27/08, 07:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wally05
Yeah, it's the dealership doing it all. The bullitt is an amazing deal.
Korey...did the rebate go through when you picked up your Bullitt?
Old 2/27/08, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Nope, but the dealer called me way before I scheduled to come in to pay for it to say sorry for the mistake. X-plan went through. It wasn't a big deal to me. The GM couldn't understand why Ford wouldn't allow rebates on these... gt's with a peformance pkg on them...
Old 2/27/08, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wally05
Nope, but the dealer called me way before I scheduled to come in to pay for it to say sorry for the mistake. X-plan went through. It wasn't a big deal to me. The GM couldn't understand why Ford wouldn't allow rebates on these... gt's with a peformance pkg on them...
Yep, just got an email from dealer here saying no cash rebate on Bullitt. Now I understand why you were so adamant about those with misleading X-Plan information on BOF. Beautiful car you have there. Tracking rail car now myself which is slowly moving this way which has one HG aboard.
Old 2/27/08, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
The $7000 ADM kills me! Why is Ford ruining the Mustang with this nonsense. Ford makes so many special additions for the Mustang that it hardly seems that they are all that special. I have to admit I personally am not a fan of the new Bullitt's looks but I do like the idea of more power, handling, upgraded shifter, seats, steering wheel..........but wow $38,000 just for a tarted up GT? This reminds me of the Shelby GT. I don't mean to offend anybody here but I don't see $38,000 when I look at one of these.

Back in 03-04 the Mach1 was a true SE in my opinion you got a boatload more than the GT for only a couple grand more............ just my .02
I agree. The Mach 1's represented good value with a completely different engine. Without the ADM's, the Bullitt is a good value too (at MSRP or less). I have no idea why dealers feel the Bullitt is that special that it commands an "adjustment". There's lots of 'em to go around if you look and demand isn't that great either. People think they're too "plain", but that's the whole idea.
Old 2/27/08, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goesfast
I agree. The Mach 1's represented good value with a completely different engine. Without the ADM's, the Bullitt is a good value too (at MSRP or less). I have no idea why dealers feel the Bullitt is that special that it commands an "adjustment". There's lots of 'em to go around if you look and demand isn't that great either. People think they're too "plain", but that's the whole idea.
The funny thing is that its the MINORITY of dealerships that trying to push ADM's on the Bullitt. When I was shopping for mine I contacted 8 dealers and only 1 was offering the car with an ADM. The others were mostly looking for MSRP. Fortunately the dealership I got mine from gave me a freaken awesome deal on the car (below MSRP)!

Never will I understand how people can call the Bullitt too "plain"... The absence of bling on the exterior is a direct tribute to the car featured in the original Bullitt movie.
Old 2/27/08, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MustangSallie
Yep, just got an email from dealer here saying no cash rebate on Bullitt. Now I understand why you were so adamant about those with misleading X-Plan information on BOF. Beautiful car you have there. Tracking rail car now myself which is slowly moving this way which has one HG aboard.
Yeah, it really upset me to see that false information going out and keeping ppl from buying bullitts. You are going to love this car! It is probably one of the best cars I have ever driven... it's so solid and everything just feels right. So much more over the GT. I'm going a write up on it right now and I hope to post it soon
Old 2/27/08, 05:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Curious what you mean by that...thanks in advance for your response.
Well I did a semi-scientific study of asking/selling prices of used Mustangs on eBay last year. It seems that used Cobras held their value really well, used Mach 1s less so but still commanded about 1/2 their original value, but the Bullitt was selling for a tiny fraction of the original purchase price.

I understand that eBay is not the be-all/end-all of car sales, but the transactions do reveal what people are paying. So I concluded that the used Bullitts lacked the selling power of other used special edition Mustangs.
Old 2/27/08, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
The $7000 ADM kills me! Why is Ford ruining the Mustang with this nonsense.
You should've saw the look on my face when I saw that $7000 "market adjustment" sticker.

But that was nothing...I looked at the Shelby GT convertible next to it. That Shelby GT had a $20,000 markup to $58,000.

$58,000 for a Shelby GT? I'm thinking about buying a Bullitt below MSRP, but apparently not at that dealership!
Old 2/27/08, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Problem is, you're comparing it to two VERY well-known se's. The bullitt in 01 and 08 are niche cars. Few people know about them and few people are fans. It makes sense that they are going for less than the well-known mach1's and cobras. I've seen low mileage bullitts for a very good price also...
Old 2/27/08, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I did a semi-scientific study of asking/selling prices of used Mustangs on eBay last year. It seems that used Cobras held their value really well, used Mach 1s less so but still commanded about 1/2 their original value, but the Bullitt was selling for a tiny fraction of the original purchase price.
Would you define "tiny fraction"? I've seen Bullitts at the lowest go for $9000-$10000, which I would not call a tiny fraction of the $26,000 MSRP.

I understand that eBay is not the be-all/end-all of car sales, but the transactions do reveal what people are paying. So I concluded that the used Bullitts lacked the selling power of other used special edition Mustangs.
I'd love to see some of these auctions if you have links.

Quick Reply: Just checked out the new Bullitt