Old 10/30/07, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting IMBOC Thread

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147085
Old 10/30/07, 02:56 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
for the non IMBOC members you might want to post the pics cause only members can view the photos.
Old 10/30/07, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried registering, that was a waist of time.
Old 10/30/07, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Photos were only of Bullitts at the exterior of the plant. information is what is interesting.
Old 10/30/07, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Well there is the pic in front of Bob Evans with 4 Bullitts and a blurred out Mustang that I suppose is the new 08, what I am confused about if it is the 08 and its in public why can't they show pics? It's all about the build up, oh well just a few more days. I'm happy for those guys and glad someone finally seeing one.
Old 10/31/07, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Not out in public a photoshopped teaser. 6 individuals from IMBOC were given special access to the cars and got to see some of the pre production cars being built. They had lunch with some of the Ford people involved with the design of the new Bullitt. Some very good observations. No pics. Ford would not allow pictures inside AAI.
Old 10/31/07, 12:17 PM
Needs to be more Astony

kinda like the tour the mach and bullitt guys got back in 2004. We got a tour of AAI and sit in and see the 05 getting built. had lunch with Hai Thai-Tang. Got to see the covertible before we were supposed to.
Old 10/31/07, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
kinda like the tour the mach and bullitt guys got back in 2004. We got a tour of AAI and sit in and see the 05 getting built. had lunch with Hai Thai-Tang. Got to see the covertible before we were supposed to.
Yes, exactly. Perhaps we met then?
Old 10/31/07, 05:49 PM
Needs to be more Astony

I remember you there but i didn't really go around introducing myself so i didn't "meet" you, I just hung out with my brother (the bullitt owner and reason i was able to come.)
Old 10/31/07, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt 2597
Not out in public a photoshopped teaser. 6 individuals from IMBOC were given special access to the cars and got to see some of the pre production cars being built. They had lunch with some of the Ford people involved with the design of the new Bullitt. Some very good observations. No pics. Ford would not allow pictures inside AAI.
Sorry I was being factious with all the secret hush hush way that Ford is handling the 08 Bullitt. I always forget to use them fancy icon things.
Old 11/1/07, 03:10 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bullitt 2597

Pretty ironic, considering that all many IMBOC members could do was beatch and moan when the new Bullitt was announced, convincing themselves that it wasn't really gonna happen (cause they didn't WANT it to, for it would devalue their '01 cars), or that they hated the S197 design anyway, or that the only REAL Bullitt was the '01.

Funny how things change...

And now Ford gives these same whiners and doubters special access.

...and yeah, Ford was incredible with IMBOC during the "preview" and continues to be. They really treated us great last week. We got to see the (final) new car, touch it, sit in it, and watch them build a few of the Pre-Production units. Paul Randle - Ford Division Americas - Mustang Chief Nameplate Engineer, gave us a complete tour of the car, explaining nearly every part of it. An official Ford Photographer took pictures of the event.

...and then they took us out to a nice restaurant for lunch, and we had an informal "focus group" session with a few Ford folks, including, Robert Parker, Ford brand car marketing manager. The asked our opinions on things, and answered a lot of questions.

...and then we got a special gift.
Someone has a very brown nose...
Old 11/1/07, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

Pretty ironic, considering that all many IMBOC members could do was beatch and moan when the new Bullitt was announced, convincing themselves that it wasn't really gonna happen (cause they didn't WANT it to, for it would devalue their '01 cars), or that they hated the S197 design anyway, or that the only REAL Bullitt was the '01.

Funny how things change...

And now Ford gives these same whiners and doubters special access.

WRONG-O!

Every person who went was not a whiner...in fact, they were ardent supporters of a new car.

Someone has a very brown nose...
That someone is being polite and respectful of the opportunity.
Old 11/1/07, 08:01 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
WRONG-O!

Every person who went was not a whiner...in fact, they were ardent supporters of a new car.
I wasn't referring to you, specifically. But let's be honest, a large percentage of your members are malcontents who whined incessantly that the new Bullitt:

a) wouldn't happen at all;
b) would suck if it did;
c) would never be as "cool" as the '01

I know, because I remember having to wade through a sea of negative posts about the '08 Bullitt.

That someone is being polite and respectful of the opportunity.
YES YOU ARE, DANG IT!

Good on ya...I actually think it's great that you and a small cadre got invited in by Ford to see the new Bullitt. I hope it lived up to your expectations.
Old 11/1/07, 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I wasn't referring to you, specifically. But let's be honest, a large percentage of your members are malcontents who whined incessantly that the new Bullitt:

a) wouldn't happen at all;
b) would suck if it did;
c) would never be as "cool" as the '01

I know, because I remember having to wade through a sea of negative posts about the '08 Bullitt.
I didn't count, but there were some vocal people who delivered on a), b), and c), but I would not qualify the number as "large percentage", as there are over 700 active members. The vocal people are not really "malcontenting" about anything at this time. Having been a member of that online community, plus knowing a number of the long-time owners in my locale, I can safely say that these people are genuinely enthusiastic and welcoming.

YES YOU ARE, DANG IT!

Good on ya...I actually think it's great that you and a small cadre got invited in by Ford to see the new Bullitt. I hope it lived up to your expectations.
I was not sure what to expect. In fact, I was prepared to be disappointed. There are certain subtle choices that were made in the engineering (no, it's not just slap on existing FRPP parts) and styling (there is a design theme that is behind the choices).

When seen and heard in person, my perception changed. It has a presence that was better than what I expected.

Some people who want more power will continue to be disappointed. Those who take a closer look will find a Mustang that is a hotter than the GT that should be liveable as a daily driver as well.

We don't know the price yet, but listening to the plans, I think we will have something that is easier to get into than the Shelby GT by a lot.
Old 11/1/07, 08:47 PM
Closet American

I was not sure what to expect. In fact, I was prepared to be disappointed. There are certain subtle choices that were made in the engineering (no, it's not just slap on existing FRPP parts) and styling (there is a design theme that is behind the choices).

When seen and heard in person, my perception changed. It has a presence that was better than what I expected.

Some people who want more power will continue to be disappointed. Those who take a closer look will find a Mustang that is a hotter than the GT that should be liveable as a daily driver as well.

We don't know the price yet, but listening to the plans, I think we will have something that is easier to get into than the Shelby GT by a lot.
Personally, the horsepower was not the only disappointment for me, and not even the deciding factor by itself. The cosmetic upgrades don't sound particularly appealing. I'm not a huge fan of the Stang without the fogs, unless something else interesting or unique or aggressive is done to take up the slack. And the lack of the twin vented hood - along with some of these other cosmetic choices that have been discussed - was a deal breaker for me. But that's just me.

I wanted one of these real bad for a time. But in truth, I can make my GT every bit the performer the Bullitt is for not much scratch...and without "tarting it up" or making it look like a mutt.
Old 11/1/07, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

There was a reason other than cost for the hood. The hood was one thing some of the people on the visit were "on the fence" over.

That said, in person, the Highland Green color plus the wheel and brake appearance looks nice.

You can always get aftermarket, but for those who don't want to fiddle with it and like the "heritage" factor of the connection to the movie, the car should be nice.
Old 11/1/07, 09:10 PM
Cobra Member

There was a reason other than cost for the hood.
I'd be interested in knowing what that was.

I'm not terribly keen on slapping aftermarket parts on a SE Mustang, but I'm going to be very tempted to buy a dual-vented hood and quarter-window louvers if I get a Bullitt. I guess as long as the mods aren't permanent, no real harm is done to the car's originality.
Old 11/2/07, 01:41 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I'd be interested in knowing what that was...

Ford wanted to keep the stock hood's vibrations?

Old 11/2/07, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

No...
Old 11/2/07, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

I don't have any vibrations? .

May, I CAN'T wait till the 6th, for this embargo to end, so I can start printing pictures of the car and keeping them in my office. BTW, I tried to order the car yesterday, and still wouldn't take. Maybe today.

Quick Reply: Interesting IMBOC Thread