2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

I got a call from my Ford dealer today.

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/07, 05:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a call from my Ford dealer today.

So my Ford dealer calls me today and says the order banks are now showing the Bullitt option. He asks if I can come in and run the numbers with him.
So I eagerly head down to the dealership and we start to price out the Bullitt.

But we run into a problem- the computer won't give him any final pricing figures. He makes a few phone calls and finds out that the order banks will not accept the Bullitt just yet. Probably it will sometime next week- I'm wondering if this actually ties in with Ford allowing IMBOC to post pictures?? Perhaps Ford doesn't want any pics posted until their order banks are up and running.

Anyway, I talked with the dealer a bit and we both saw on the screen that the Bullitt option was about $1900 (here in Canada).
So since there really isn't any other options you can order on the car, I said the price is probably a Mustang GT plus the $1900. He seemed to think that made sense.
So here in Canada- at least at this dealership- there is no ADM.

Note to Canadians. We know that 700 Bullitts are headed this way. The dealer told me that there are 400 dealerships in Canada. He thought that every one of them would order at least 1 Bullitt. So doing the math- there is less than 2 Bullitts per dealership available.
If you really want one I don't think you should wait to order one.
<!-- / message -->
Old 11/2/07, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

The 01 Bullitt Option Was $5750
Old 11/2/07, 05:30 PM
Cobra Member

As much as I'd like for it to be, I am very doubtful the Bullitt package will only be $1900.
Old 11/2/07, 05:35 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by 05boss
The 01 Bullitt Option Was $5750
I believe the '01 Bullitt option was more than just paint and wheels though. It included a different intake and Cobra brakes also (as well as I believe different exhaust).

Page
Old 11/2/07, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

The new Bullitt is more than just paint and wheels.
Old 11/2/07, 05:56 PM
GT Member

You are correct!
Old 11/2/07, 08:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I don't know how the car business works...but when I mentioned the $1900 to the dealer, he said- that's dealer cost, the retail will probably be about $2200.
So all I can do is go by what he is saying to me.
I should know next week the final cost because the order banks should then be accepting orders.
Old 11/3/07, 01:27 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I just can't see $1900 CDN for the Bullitt package. Ford of Canada hasn't yet addressed the US/CDN dollar issue, which would be the ONLY way this could be correct, and even then, unlikely.

The only other way it could be that little, is if the car truly is a major disappointment.

I would keep in mind the source of your information.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true...it is.
Old 11/3/07, 01:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see a ADM in the beginning folks.
Old 11/3/07, 06:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Personally, I just can't see $1900 CDN for the Bullitt package. Ford of Canada hasn't yet addressed the US/CDN dollar issue, which would be the ONLY way this could be correct, and even then, unlikely.

The only other way it could be that little, is if the car truly is a major disappointment.

I would keep in mind the source of your information.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true...it is.
Well I saw it on his computer screen with my own eyes. But hey, there may be something missing that I'm not aware of.
Anyway, by this time next week I'll know the actual price.
Old 11/3/07, 07:59 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Regardless of the price, you'll be happy. Congrats in advance!
Old 11/3/07, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

With regards to pricing of the new Bullitt, I just wanted to forward a few points to consider: As much as I'd like the Bullitt to be a measly upcharge of $1900, it's just not going to happen. Ford won't build an SE like the Bullitt and make a little when they could make a lot more (especially if they know demand is there). If one looks back to the 2007 Shelby GT, Ford sent the cars out the door with the same $1895 upcharge to SAI before they went to work on it and added the special FRPP goodies on in their Las Vegas shop. The $1895 charge from Ford was for the special wheels, spoiler delete, California Special fascia and some other stuff. I believe the Bullitt is being prepped much the same way (not too sure about the CS fascia though), then goes through the alteration(s) that make it a unique Bullitt SE, resulting in further costs and upcharging to the consumer. The good news is that Ford is doing all the work in-house, which will cut costs considerably over what people had to pay for the Shelby GT as a result of out-sourcing to SAI. When the Shelby GT was first announced to its dealers, pricing was not complete and dealers were assuming the $1895 upcharge was all the customer had to pay as a total price. Then dealers had to convince their customers that an additional charge of $8000 plus (I can't remember the exact figure) was required to buy the car when they finally got pricing confirmation from Ford!
Remember that when Ford alters, adjusts, adds, or deletes pieces to a car that normally chugs along the assembly line at a regulated pace, there is always an increased price to go along with the corresponding "disruption". When the customer is charged $35 for a $1 ashtray, one can only imagine what a few changes can add up to.
I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. The '01's were approx. $5750 (CDN) over a regular GT. I'll be amazed if the 2008's are any less than that. I sure hope they are for Whammer's sake, but I think we'd be stealing them if they come in any lower.
Okay, I've gone on long enough! I'm just excited about seeing some pics very soon!
Old 11/3/07, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Bullitt Pricing won't be out until the 8th.
Old 11/3/07, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
So my Ford dealer calls me today and says the order banks are now showing the Bullitt option. He asks if I can come in and run the numbers with him.
So I eagerly head down to the dealership and we start to price out the Bullitt.

But we run into a problem- the computer won't give him any final pricing figures. He makes a few phone calls and finds out that the order banks will not accept the Bullitt just yet. Probably it will sometime next week- I'm wondering if this actually ties in with Ford allowing IMBOC to post pictures?? Perhaps Ford doesn't want any pics posted until their order banks are up and running.

Anyway, I talked with the dealer a bit and we both saw on the screen that the Bullitt option was about $1900 (here in Canada).
So since there really isn't any other options you can order on the car, I said the price is probably a Mustang GT plus the $1900. He seemed to think that made sense.
So here in Canada- at least at this dealership- there is no ADM.

Note to Canadians. We know that 700 Bullitts are headed this way. The dealer told me that there are 400 dealerships in Canada. He thought that every one of them would order at least 1 Bullitt. So doing the math- there is less than 2 Bullitts per dealership available.
If you really want one I don't think you should wait to order one.
<!-- / message -->
$1895 is the US price for the CS/GT option. There is no 2008 job2 pricing yet but when the dealer does a little exploring the $1895 does show for the Bullitt package. It doesn't necessarily mean it is correct and the system may just be substituting the CS/GT pricing for some reason.
Old 11/4/07, 07:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Well the Bullitt HAS to be far cheaper than a SGT. First it's completely done in-house which will reduce production costs. Added to this is that Shelby needs to also make a healthy profit on the SGT. So those 2 factors should reduce the Bullitt price.
Then there is the "value" factor.
Setting emotions aside, a SGT is really the far more valuable car. Much of the car is custom built at Shelby Auto's.
Personally I'd rather have a Shelby sitting in my garage than the Bullitt.

The SGT is not available here in Canada. And it's a bit of a hassle to bring one into the country.
Getting a Bullitt is a far more reasonable option for me.
Don't get me wrong- I'm going to be thrilled with getting a Bullitt!
But for sure it has to be thousands cheaper than a SGT.
Old 11/4/07, 06:35 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whammer
Well the Bullitt HAS to be far cheaper than a SGT. First it's completely done in-house which will reduce production costs. Added to this is that Shelby needs to also make a healthy profit on the SGT. So those 2 factors should reduce the Bullitt price.
Then there is the "value" factor.
Setting emotions aside, a SGT is really the far more valuable car. Much of the car is custom built at Shelby Auto's.
Personally I'd rather have a Shelby sitting in my garage than the Bullitt.

The SGT is not available here in Canada. And it's a bit of a hassle to bring one into the country.
Getting a Bullitt is a far more reasonable option for me.
Don't get me wrong- I'm going to be thrilled with getting a Bullitt!
But for sure it has to be thousands cheaper than a SGT.
No question it will be much less than a Shelby GT, and will offer similar performance upgrades.

But I expect price will be about the same as the '01 Bullitt upgrade, maybe even a bit more, accounting for inflation, etc. Unless Ford of Canada gives us Canuckers a bit of a break due to our stronger dollar.
Old 11/5/07, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RCSignals
$1895 is the US price for the CS/GT option. There is no 2008 job2 pricing yet but when the dealer does a little exploring the $1895 does show for the Bullitt package. It doesn't necessarily mean it is correct and the system may just be substituting the CS/GT pricing for some reason.
It isn't substituting the CS package for the Bullitt, as the CS package is listed right above option "54B" on the screen. More than likely they just threw in a price to keep it on the up and up. Only time will tell. I for one can't wait for Ford to start shipping the "hero cards" with the Bullitt on them!!!
Old 11/8/07, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

So after looking at the pics more and more I am thinking about ordering a Bullitt. I don't know but it is really growing on me. I am a really big Mcqueen fan. Has anyone tried ordering one yet? And to anyone's knowledge are any dealers marking it up. (I'm sure some will) I just want to get the scoop across the country from you guys before I start digging deeper at my local stealership.
Old 11/8/07, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

post pics when you get it.
Old 11/8/07, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05retro
So after looking at the pics more and more I am thinking about ordering a Bullitt. I don't know but it is really growing on me. I am a really big Mcqueen fan. Has anyone tried ordering one yet? And to anyone's knowledge are any dealers marking it up. (I'm sure some will) I just want to get the scoop across the country from you guys before I start digging deeper at my local stealership.
I tried to order one today, but Ford's system isn't accepting it yet. Maybe tomorrow they will have updated the computers. And as for the markup, I really doubt it. To me its not worth it.

Quick Reply: I got a call from my Ford dealer today.