2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Future Value of our BULLITTS

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/08, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future Value of our BULLITTS

I'm going to share my thoughts about our Bullitts and there future value.
Muscle cars go up in value "1960 to 1972" and probably continue to go up. We own performance cars, I don't think they will follow suit. Our cars a faster the Muscle cars, but then they aren't pure power to the ground.
I believe that the muscle cars used displacement and gears to get them to move. And our cars use induced power.
I still would rather have my 08 Bullitt!
The muscle cars were uncomfortable and hard to drive . You take a muscle car to the track on a trailer for fear of breaking something.
Our Bullitts we drive to the track with the air conditioning on . Then we race them and then drive them home. And we also get 25 plus mpg.
That is my thoughts

Last edited by LoudPony; 6/24/08 at 09:22 AM.
Old 6/24/08, 09:04 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm. Interesting way to look at it but back in the 60-70's I'm pretty sure they drove their "new" cars to the track as well. I doubt in 30-40 years you would see people driving a 2008 Bullitt to the track. Also along the same line you mentioned above, unlike the classic cars I can't see the current models (2005+) increasing in value the same way the classics did.
Old 6/24/08, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

I doubt very much any of the s197 based special editions will be worth much in the future. They may hold value better than a standard GT or base but not apriciate. Look at the previous generation special editions, bullit, cobra and mach 1. You can pick up any of these fairly cheaply.

Muscle cars are apricated because they often times had rare options, are hard to come by in great shape and the people who's dad's bought them new are now the people with the surplus cash to collect. They also had true style that just isn't found in new cars for various reasons, namely aero for fuel economy and computer rendering as aposed to hand drawn.

As for them being uncomfortable and hard to drive, I beg to differ. Compared to todays cars sure the handling leaves somthing to be desiered but for their time they handled pretty good. And nothing is more comfy then a nice plush bench seat thats like kicking back on your couch. Driving is a blast when the car leaves some skill to the driver. And to boot prior to the fuel "shortage" of the early-mid 70's, cars, not just muscle cars, had gobs of horsepower, or easily obtainable HP like replacing the stock 2 barrel for a four. 300 hp was respectable but certainly not rare. Gearing, crappy narrow tires, weight and suspension held alot of those old cars down and is why their 1/4 mile's aren't all that impressive compared with modern cars.

20-30 years down the road, I just don't think the demand will be there for these cars.
Old 6/24/08, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I remember making a long reach for the shifter because the shifter was were the tranny was, not convenient for the driver. And the bench seats sliding around , the Vinyl bucket seats were hard and not very supportive . Grant you it was the BEST back then.
And I love the cars of the 60's.
I like the comfort of our S197's
Old 6/26/08, 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the styling of the older cars........I had a 68 fastback and an 06 supercharged GT at the same time. The fastback was in very good shape and turned a hell of a lot more heads than the 06 you see in my avitar, but............................the 68 handled like a crooked turd on roller skates! there were window leaks, rattles, etc......I know, I know it's a 40 year old car, but it had been restored and still had "old car" issues. The next time someone tells me "they sure don't make them like they use to." I'm responding, "hell no, they make em' much better now." Sorry to get off topic, but I don't think our 05 and up stangs (Shelby's GT500's, & Bullitts included) will increase in value anytime soon. I do think they will hold their value better than the average vehicle and not depreciate as quickly, but they will depreciate. I've already seen used GT500's in the low 40,000 range.

On the other hand, when our 05 and up stangs are 30-40 years old and everyone is driving cars fueld by water or something, maybe they will have a collector value.

Last edited by OKLACOP; 6/26/08 at 07:19 AM.