2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Ford National Dealer Forum in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/07, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford National Dealer Forum in Detroit

A co-worker, who has a Ford dealership owner as a client, got to go to the National Dealer Forum in Detroit this past week. ALL the new 2008 models were on display including the King of the Road (which they did drawings each day for individual dealer allocations), some new Foose truck with SC, yada yada yada, AND the BULLITT on a rotating platform with both doors open (aka he couldn't sit in it). They didn't have horsepower ratings or anything like a sticker price on them.

Anyway, I'm going to give you in a nutshell his comments on the BULLITT. Please keep in mind he is not quite as into Mustangs as a TMS members, but knows how I've been waiting for this model to come out:

Very generic, nothing special.

Green (I assume DHG) with black bullitt rims and no rear spoiler.

Had chrome exhaust tips, but he didn't know if it was different exhaust.

Side fake spoilers and side window louvers.

The grill looked different, couldn't remember seeing the GT fog lights.

Metal fuel door with a crosshair like a rifle scope. (which sounded very cool)

Unique metal shifter and slightly different interior with Bullitt logo.

"It looked like a old moonshiner's car or something." To which I said, "What?" He responded, "You know, like a stripped down, drab old hotrod without chrome or anything. If I didn't know it was a special edition then I'd never given it a second look."

Not that any of that is Earth shaking or anything, but I thought I'd pass it along none-the-less. He was underwhelmed. Take it for what it's worth, I know this will probably be seen as a another I know a guy who knows a guy kinda story, but I assure you he did go and did see the car.
Old 6/18/07, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey, thanks for posting that! At least we know that it's still in development. And maybe the reason they didn't post HP numbers and pricing is there's more to come (with which we'll be pleased...........)!
Old 6/18/07, 12:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
ehh....we'll see what happens.
Old 6/18/07, 01:05 PM
GT Member

I don't know if he saw the final product or a car-show version, but he believes that it was the production model based on what he was told at the event. I wish he would've got the HP numbers, but I guess I'm lucky to get the info I got from him.

He knows that the BULLITT is the model I have been waiting for, and has told me at least 10 times that I was going to be disappointed & he would be shocked if I traded my '06 in for one. I bet I've been in his office this morning at least 20 times to talk about this car. lol I guess we'll see when they hit the showroom. The dealer knows that I want one and has promised I'll have first shot when he gets his allocation. Does anyone have any projected production numbers? I assume around 3000 maybe?

He has been assured of getting 2 GT500KRs, one of which he is going to keep for himself. If I could only afford the other! lol I need to hit the Powerball.
Old 6/18/07, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info!
Old 6/18/07, 03:34 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
ADMS might last less than the Shelby GTs'.

"... Side fake spoilers and side window louvers..." Did you mean side scoops?

Thanks for posting Ricky.
Old 6/18/07, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

If the initial reports were/are correct, a total of 7700 Bullitts are scheduled for production. 7000 for the the US and 700 for Canada.
Old 6/18/07, 06:36 PM

7000 for the USA? There'll be plenty to go around.
Old 6/18/07, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Why can't anyone get a shot of this car???? It's past the point of being rediculous.....
Old 6/18/07, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
ADMS might last less than the Shelby GTs'.

"... Side fake spoilers and side window louvers..." Did you mean side scoops?

Thanks for posting Ricky.

No problem. I wish he would've taken pictures with his cell phone or something. Yeah I meant scoops, but got caught up in trying to cover everything he said. lol

If there are eventually 7000 produced, then I would imagine that there will be at least some available around MSRP at some point. This dealer got 2 GTS when they came out, has had I think 4 GT500 to this point, and will get 2 GT500KRs, so my hope is he will get enough BULLITTs to give me a reasonable deal. 2-3 and I'm screwed, 5-6 and I may catch a break, but I'm have no idea what kinda allocation he would even be looking at. Either way I'll live because I'll have my '06.
Old 6/18/07, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope the window louvers dont look cheap.
Old 6/18/07, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Hm, i dont know if we sent anyone to the dealer forum.. I would have gone, but far be for the dealer to send his lowly IT guy to detroit for vacation.. i mean.. work. I'll poke around and see what i can find out.

Edit: I e-mailed Ford. And they told me that they heard these rumors as well, but there is nothing to report on the Bullitt mustang. I don't think its at the dealer forum.
Old 6/19/07, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

It seems like the Bullitt will consist of this providing the above info and info from another thread:
DHG or Black Paint
FRPP Window Louvers
GT/CS Side Scoops
18x8.5" Bullitts
Red Brake Calipers
Aluminum or Chrome Gas Cap
Unique Sport Seating with Bullitt Emblem
Unique Sill Plate
Bright Metal Trim and Unique Shifter
BULLITT Interior Emblem
V6 Style Grille w/o Fogs
Spoiler Delete
FRPP Power Pack
FRPP Handling Pack
312hp 4.6 3v Engine
Strut Tower Brace
Upgraded Steering System
3:73's
Subframe Connectors
X-Pipe/Bright Exhaust Tips
Shock/Strut Tuning
Gas Cap Surround(Charcoal Gray)
Faux Gas Cap with BULLITT emblem
Old 6/19/07, 10:36 AM

I believe subframe connectors will also be offered.
Old 6/19/07, 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

I guess I should add that too.
Old 6/19/07, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just want the G.D. grille already!
Old 6/19/07, 06:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Airwolf
Hm, i dont know if we sent anyone to the dealer forum.. I would have gone, but far be for the dealer to send his lowly IT guy to detroit for vacation.. i mean.. work. I'll poke around and see what i can find out.

Edit: I e-mailed Ford. And they told me that they heard these rumors as well, but there is nothing to report on the Bullitt mustang. I don't think its at the dealer forum.

I dunno but my friend and the dealer both are convinced that the BULLITT was there, or at least one displayed and badged as a BULLITT. Maybe it was a car-show version or something. I have no idea, but the CEO said all the cars they were seeing were 2008 models.

Do you know of any other dealership employees in TMS that you could ask if they had anyone in Detroit? It would seem that if we could get in touch with someone that went to the event then confirmation or denial could be made. Surely someone else went to this and saw these vehicles.
Old 6/19/07, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I sure hope Ford is being quiet about the Bullitt in order to offer some decent HP numbers in the end and don't want the competition to find out exactly what they're up to. Or maybe they don't want to harm remaining sales of 2007 GT's and Shelby GT's............who knows?
Old 6/19/07, 09:31 PM

That's wishful thinking Jim, I wish you'd be right. I am beginning to accept the fact Ford can't justify or afford an investment for research and development for a model of 7,000 units.
Old 6/20/07, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Alright, you are correct. I talked to my Ford rep and he confirmed the Bullitt was there. No pictures yet. The guys back in detroit were not giving me the whole story... I'll see if i can get some pictures from somewhere.

Quick Reply: Ford National Dealer Forum in Detroit