2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Early Reviews of the Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/07, 02:27 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I'm thinking the market for the Bullitt might be exclusive enough that ADMs might prove fruitless. I'm not so sure there is going to be that rush to buy it that dealers could exploit. After all, look at all the people here whining about it looking boring or that it should be a high HP beast. Is that just typical forum babble, or is that also what the average Joe on the street thinks? Time will tell...
I don't think the average Joe on the street will be cross-shopping Bullitts without some previous knowledge/interest/enthusiasm in the car to begin with.
Old 11/7/07, 06:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didnt the 01 not sell very well after a few months of being on sale?
Old 11/7/07, 11:12 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Most of the 5,582 '01 BULLITT GTs were sold by the summer.
Old 11/7/07, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

We'll see. I wonder how many will be black. You'd have to be a dmn fool to get a black one.
Old 11/7/07, 12:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Most of the 5,582 '01 BULLITT GTs were sold by the summer.
my bad
Old 11/7/07, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm a Mustang lover - have been all my life. However, with how the Bullitt appears - and it is a fine car, I'll stick with my optioned out '07 GT. The interior trim is a little tacky - not horrible. The grille is a bit boring. I agree, it needs fog lights - or maybe I've become accustomed to seeing them on the GT. I don't know, but the hype was much better than what we got.
Old 11/7/07, 02:25 PM
Cobra R Member

How the hell can it have fog lights? The '68 Bullitt was a stripped down GT and that's exactly what this is!!
If you don't like it- then get another model of Mustang.
A steed for every need!
Old 11/7/07, 02:26 PM
Cobra R Member

I should also mention- the hype wasn't coming from Ford. It was all the folks on these boards posting rumours and overhyping the car.
Old 11/7/07, 05:13 PM

TMS served its purpose on the '08 BULLITT, better than and with more information than any other Mustang enthusiasts' site including IMBOC which relied on information posted here and was linked on their threads. IMBOC did have similar information the difference was that it was reserved to a small group and not shared with the general membership which includes the likes of you and I.
Old 11/7/07, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
IMBOC did have similar information the difference was that it was reserved to a small group and not shared with the general membership which includes the likes of you and I.
That small group was asked to keep the media embargo, just like all the other outlets.
Old 11/7/07, 07:38 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

The 2008 Mustang Bullitt is well conceived, designed, engineered, and ready to rock. It's crisper, sharper, and a bit quicker than a standard GT. Though not as fast as a GT500, it's better balanced and less expensive. The Green Machine has a classy, stealth look, and a heritage all its own. Ford plans 7000 Bullitts for the U.S. market, and it's likely to be the last special edition dedicated to the movie and the man. Translation: Future collectible.
Here's a quote from MotorTrend, one of those 'Early Reviews'. There might not be lines queued up around the block waiting to get one, but I'd bet Ford will be able to sell all 7,700 units.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ustang_bullitt
Old 11/7/07, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

IMBOC did have similar information the difference was that it was reserved to a small group and not shared with the general membership which includes the likes of you and I.

Right ... I think somebody yesterday referred to them as the "Six IMBOC CHALMERS" ... ROFLMAO
Old 11/7/07, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
That small group was asked to keep the media embargo, just like all the other outlets.
I am aware of the request. The difference is that not all the other outlets made public the fact they had knowledge of the particulars of the '08 BULLITT and would not share with the membership. In IMBOC's case, that small group was not as small as you might like to think.
Old 11/7/07, 09:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am aware of the request. The difference is that not all the other outlets made public the fact they had knowledge of the particulars of the '08 BULLITT and would not share with the membership. In IMBOC's case, that small group was not as small as you might like to think.
I am not understanding your point. Would you elaborate please?
Old 11/7/07, 09:32 PM

People with knowledge on the subject was not exclusive to a set number at IMBOC or other sites for that matter. I was not able to persuade anyone at IMBOC to share information but I am aware of a couple of guys who succeeded where I failed.

A secret is only sacred when only one person is aware of it.
Old 11/7/07, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

People with knowledge on the subject was not exclusive to a set number at IMBOC or other sites for that matter. I was not able to persuade anyone at IMBOC to share information but I am aware of a couple of guys who succeeded where I failed.

A secret is only sacred when only one person is aware of it.
Sure - I assume there were a number of people who had awareness of this car at a detail level. Ford had asked not to share pictures and press release information, which we could not anyway since we did not have them until a little before the 6th. The early preview we got was probably old news to some by the date of that visit.

At any rate, what was sharable before the 6th was posted at IMBOC.

I think you mentioned you had information that helped you in the selection of your vehicle, so that's what is important, correct?

How is the GT500, by the way?
Old 11/7/07, 09:59 PM

Correct. I have been enjoying Mustangs since 1982 and have been fortunate to make some good friendships along the way. My hopes as recent as three months ago was for the BULLITT when the Torch Red became a possibility and I had to make a choice without any compromise which might lead to a future regret which always leads to losing money.

The GT500 is fantastic. It's the perfect SE I always wanted to have. I just wish it would have been available in DHG or Highland Green.
Old 11/7/07, 10:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11/8/07, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mweeps
I think they made the interior too cheesy! What is up with the dash applique? What is that look called?

The Bugatti Veyron has the same engine turned pattern in its interior; nobody calls that car's interior "cheezy".

Originally Posted by mweeps
Looks more 70's disco than 60's Muscle!! Should have stuck to the brushed aluminum or all black.
What many consider to be the original musclecar (mid sized car with a big engine), the 1964 Pontiac GTO had the same engine turned dash pattern available:

Are you sure you know what " '60's Muscle" looks like?
Old 11/8/07, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06

The Bugatti Veyron has the same engine turned pattern in its interior; nobody calls that car's interior "cheezy".

What many consider to be the original musclecar (mid sized car with a big engine), the 1964 Pontiac GTO had the same engine turned dash pattern available:

Are you sure you know what " '60's Muscle" looks like?
Good pics you found there. I never knew the GTO had the "engine turned" dash treatment. I like the new look and hope its not that expensive to change my dash around.

BTW, nice name change in your profile. Mr K, the father of the Z car, very slick.

Quick Reply: Early Reviews of the Bullitt