2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Color Sketch

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/07, 02:52 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by srichard
Don't forget that's only hp at the flywheel too.
of course i was talking flywheel but same difference. if car puts out 290bhp and another does 310bhp you will see the same difference in the 2 reflected in rwhp on the dyno asuming they are run on identical dynos.
Old 8/31/07, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boss 244
The twin vent hood some of you like, would that be like the gt500, the saleen or Kr style?
Something along the lines of this:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68478
Old 9/1/07, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
15 HP seems like fakin' it to me.
i think you mean 15 hp and a gas guzzler tax! LOL
Old 9/8/07, 11:54 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Well, since you're new here and probably haven't seen my posts from six months or more ago - where I discussed what I believed the car should offer - here's what I'd like to see (bear in mind that some of the below will appear on the car, but not the most important features, IMO) >>

- DHG paint
- 18" gray Bullitt wheels (like the '01 pre-production model)
- Lowered suspension (possibly FRPP kit)
- Red painted brake calipers (like the '01)
- Spoiler delete
- Bullitt badging
- Unique vertically stitched seats (like the '01)
- A REAL power increase (at least 350 - 375 HP)
- Twin hood vents (certainly not a scoop)

Basically a car that takes what was best cosmetically about both the '01 Bullitt and the original movie GT390...and then adds some real power and performance gains.

But it would seem that's not what we're going to get.
Y'know at first, I thought, Bullitt - raid the FRPP parts bin, but they've worn that out with the little Shelby, so know IMO I'd have to join the Bullitt crowd and thier pleas to do something more akin to the 1st gen Bullitt rather than a mass produced Shelby.

As for the engine, Ford has plenty of stuff to give it something different (the stock intake is hard to beat). They could for instance, give the Bullitt engines the CNC ported 3v heads along with some minor changes to give the 4.6 3v a higher redline (like hollow stem valves with lightweight retainers and slightly stiffer springs - if the latter would even be nessecary), combine that with a bump in compression and premium fuel tune (along with a change in the nature of the VVT to give it a higher revving personality) along with the elemination of the charge motion control plates and maybe even some shorty headers to give it a bit more exhuast flow along with the X-pipe and some different mufflers, combine this with the Shelby brakes and calipers (painted red of course) a set of painted/machined Bullitts with the correct offset with some BFG KDW's in 255/45R18 along with unique to Bullitt suspension tuning (lowered a bit along with the correct panhard rod). As for the rearend and trans mission go with the 3.55 gear set and 6 speed.

With the exception of unique to Bullitt styling, engine/suspension tuning, wheels, and tires it'd pretty much be a part's bin raid (cold air intake, heads, exhaust, brakes, transmission).

I suppose with a few extra RPM and what amounts to the FRPP Drag and Power Paks combined with the ported heads along with CMC delete and a bit more compression you would end up with 40 to 50 more horsepower (the FRPP Drag and Power Paks are supposed to be worth a combined 30hp)
Old 9/9/07, 10:07 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Back in 2005 I had a hunch Ford would bring back a SE 2008 BULLITT. I've gotten to understand and know Ford's patterns and deduce what to expect.

Unfortunately our pleas and suppositions seem as they will fall short of expectations. The BULLITT will probably be very diserable but not in the image and likeness of the performance we had hoped for. The point is mute, we'll just have to accept what Ford has in store for it and it will be up to the aftermarket to make it what it should be.
Old 9/9/07, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by srichard
Don't forget that's only hp at the flywheel too. I believe most of us with GT's are pushing more than 330 at the flywheel with a few simple bolt on's. Ford needs to do something significant here. We need a motor with a forged rotating assemble that can handle the stress of 9 to 10 lbs of boost or more, like the old terminator motor. I'm dreading the day I have to pull my motor and forge the internals so that it can handle the boost I want to push.
Scott, it would be nice to get a motor like what we all dream about, but with the CAFE laws, its getting tougher and tougher to do this. Heck, the government wants all cars to get around 30 mpg by 2015 or something crazy like that. We'll all be driving around in micro cars!
Old 9/9/07, 08:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The CAFE laws is nothing but the lastest convenient sales pitch for Ford dealers in an attempt to make the interested think performance cars will disappear overnight. 2015 will come but is not like it's around the corner either.

I don't think the BULLITT fans would object to a GGT as a trade off for having the performance a BULLITT edition is deserving of. I certainly doubt Ford is oblivious to that fact. After all, the money is not coming out of their pockets.
Old 9/10/07, 07:02 AM
bar
GT Member

If no engine upgrades, at least give it some suspension/braking tweaks so that it would be a road carver, yet offer a more compliant ride than what I hear the FRPP pkg offers (ie more progressive suspension settings)...

... and the obvious visuals (dual vent hood, no fogs, charcoal rims, etc).
Old 9/11/07, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bar
If no engine upgrades, at least give it some suspension/braking tweaks so that it would be a road carver, yet offer a more compliant ride than what I hear the FRPP pkg offers (ie more progressive suspension settings)...

... and the obvious visuals (dual vent hood, no fogs, charcoal rims, etc).
You got my vote on that one! Ford should also offer a "checkbox" that will allow an increase in HP. And I would be more than willing to pay the GGT.