2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt Features Question

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/08, 07:50 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bullitt Features Question

I'm noticing some contradictions between what the order guide seems to suggest, and what dealers are saying when it comes to features and amenities on the current Bullitt edition. So I thought I'd go straight to the experts here and 'settle a bet'.

Two questions >>
  1. Is the leatherette stitched dash brow available on the Bullitt? I say no.
  2. Are heated seats available on the Bullitt? I say no.
  3. Is the power passenger seat available on the Bullitt? I say no.
And for the Canadians here >>
  1. Are the HID headlights available on the Bullitt in Canada? I say no.
Old 9/14/08, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well..........1, 2, & 3. Correcto!!! Not Available.
Old 9/14/08, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4: nope...
Old 9/14/08, 09:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Looks like we have a winner...Hollywood.
Old 9/14/08, 11:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I'm noticing some contradictions between what the order guide seems to suggest, and what dealers are saying when it comes to features and amenities on the current Bullitt edition. So I thought I'd go straight to the experts here and 'settle a bet'.

Two questions >>
  1. Is the leatherette stitched dash brow available on the Bullitt? I say no.
  2. Are heated seats available on the Bullitt? I say no.
  3. Is the power passenger seat available on the Bullitt? I say no.
And for the Canadians here >>
  1. Are the HID headlights available on the Bullitt in Canada? I say no.
You are correct on all counts. A dealer is saying otherwise?

A stitched dash brow (console lid and door armrests) and power passenger seat would be nice, but not available.

The only way to get HIDs in Canada is to buy the car in the US and import it. I know of at least one who has done that.
Apparently HID on Mustangs cannot incorporate DRL, and Canada rules won't allow (at least as factory equipment) DRL in turn signal lights.
Old 9/14/08, 11:48 PM
Closet American

That's what I thought. Yet this stupid arrogant sales manager at a dealership today tried to BS me that the heated seats and power passenger seat were available. He even went so far as to tell me that he'd seen it for himself in a Bullitt; basically justifying his erroneous position with an out and out lie.

Reminded me of why I never bought my GT from those idiots to begin with.
Old 9/14/08, 11:55 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Apparently HID on Mustangs cannot incorporate DRL, and Canada rules won't allow (at least as factory equipment) DRL in turn signal lights.
Yeah, that's what I figured - a daytime running light conflict. Yet they had an '09 GT500 in the showroom with the HID lights.

And get this: The same idiot sales manager told me they were asking $70K for it. An alloy coupe with silver stripes. There's a new model next year; the initial feeding frenzy is over; gas prices are through the roof, and he's asking almost a $15K ADM at this late date.

I barely stifled my guffaw as I stood up and said "See ya later."

Coastal Ford. In Vancouver. On Main St. Good dealership to avoid like the plague.

How do ya like that for a positive referral boys?

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 9/14/08 at 11:57 PM.
Old 9/15/08, 12:07 AM
Cobra Member

The dealership may have imported the GT500 with HIDs themselves. I've been told a Ford dealer in Alberta did that with a couple of Bullitts, can't remember if they were '08 or '09. ('09 Bullitts aren't available in Canada, the 700 allotment was filled in '08)
Old 9/15/08, 12:47 AM

Yeah, that's what I figured - a daytime running light conflict. Yet they had an '09 GT500 in the showroom with the HID lights.

And get this: The same idiot sales manager told me they were asking $70K for it. An alloy coupe with silver stripes. There's a new model next year; the initial feeding frenzy is over; gas prices are through the roof, and he's asking almost a $15K ADM at this late date.

I barely stifled my guffaw as I stood up and said "See ya later."

Coastal Ford. In Vancouver. On Main St. Good dealership to avoid like the plague.

How do ya like that for a positive referral boys?
Absolutely amazing! How stupid can they be? I've never had that happen to me at a dealership. Luckily we've known all of the owners and/or managers very personally when we buy cars. So, they all knew that I was a car nut. When it even came time to do the delivery of our BMW's our sales guy used to make me do the vehicle walkaround and features for my parents because I knew more, hahaha.

If this happened at my brothers' dealership? Someone would be fired, on the spot! At the old Mazda/Kid dealership I used to sell at, they always made me do the **** deliveries and orders because I knew all about the cars. I actually took time to make sure I knew what I was doing... That just pisses me off to no end when morons try to tell us REAL car guys what the deal is. **** *******...

PS: What movie is your avatar from? I know it's Daniel Craig. Is it The Quantum of Solice?
Old 9/15/08, 02:00 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RawAutos
If this happened at my brothers' dealership? Someone would be fired, on the spot! At the old Mazda/Kid dealership I used to sell at, they always made me do the **** deliveries and orders because I knew all about the cars. I actually took time to make sure I knew what I was doing... That just pisses me off to no end when morons try to tell us REAL car guys what the deal is. **** *******...
Doubly so since this was the sales manager I was dealing with. Uninformed and arrogant...great combo.

Originally Posted by RawAutos
PS: What movie is your avatar from? I know it's Daniel Craig. Is it The Quantum of Solice?
It's from the Quantum trailer.
Old 9/19/08, 04:14 PM

Thats funny to hear about Coastal Vancouver. I bought my Bullitt at Coastal Burnaby. Granted they did not know much about it other than it was a "Special Edition". They did not try and bull***t me on the features or options, I ended up giving them more info than they gave me.
Old 9/19/08, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome Wolfie!

Nice to see you here...

Originally Posted by Wolfie
Thats funny to hear about Coastal Vancouver. I bought my Bullitt at Coastal Burnaby. Granted they did not know much about it other than it was a "Special Edition". They did not try and bull***t me on the features or options, I ended up giving them more info than they gave me.
Old 9/21/08, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Welcome Wolfie!

Nice to see you here...
Been lurking for a while ......... Thanks K. Hows the GT500 running?
Old 9/21/08, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

You can get NAV but not comfort group in a Bullitt? Hmm. I get the whole bare-knuckle street fighter thing but how does NAV fit into this theme and heated seats don't? Less weight maybe?
Old 9/21/08, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

How are heated seats and NAV related?
Old 9/21/08, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I couldn't be happier with the GT500

Outstanding! I took it on the IMBOC 8th Annual End of Summer BULLITT Cruise Saturday, September 13.

Those of us that lived to the south had one hell of a fun drive home. We hammered the corners for over 60 miles from Randle to Cougar WA. I couldn't be happier with the GT500.

Originally Posted by Wolfie
Been lurking for a while ......... Thanks K. Hows the GT500 running?
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Features Question-randletocougar.jpg  
Old 9/21/08, 05:38 PM
Closet American

How are heated seats and NAV related?
His point was why arbitrarily delete one set of convenience features while including another? Why not just offer both? On balance (and I'm purely guessing here) it's quite likely more customers opt for the comfort group and premium trim than the NAV feature.

Doesn't make any sense to me, either. That was always my problem with the car: in addition to being too plain on the outside, Ford chose to omit features available on the GT. If Ford had done the Bullitt exterior more along the lines of MRTs reloaded package, and left the comfort and premium options available, I probably would have waited and bought one.

Ah well...
Old 9/21/08, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

His point was why arbitrarily delete one set of convenience features while including another? Why not just offer both? On balance (and I'm purely guessing here) it's quite likely more customers opt for the comfort group and premium trim than the NAV feature.

Doesn't make any sense to me, either. That was always my problem with the car: in addition to being too plain on the outside, Ford chose to omit features available on the GT. If Ford had done the Bullitt exterior more along the lines of MRTs reloaded package, and left the comfort and premium options available, I probably would have waited and bought one.

Ah well...
There is no relationship between teh NAV system and the Premium trim or Comfort group options, NAV is not part of either of those groups, so a GT can be ordered as well with NAV but no Premium trim or comfort group if that's what teh ordere wants.

Ford did a nice jo of the Bullitt interior, but an option to order heated seats and wrapped and stiched dash etc would have been nice.

Too bad you didn't wait, you could have had a Bullitt with the MRT exterior options

Ah well...

Personally I'm happy theat exterior stuff is avaialble separately. I prefer the exterior of the Bullitt as it is.
Old 9/21/08, 06:55 PM
Closet American

There is no relationship between teh NAV system and the Premium trim or Comfort group options, NAV is not part of either of those groups, so a GT can be ordered as well with NAV but no Premium trim or comfort group if that's what teh ordere wants.
I'm not asserting any relationship between the two, merely lamenting the fact that one option is available for order while another is mysteriously left unavailable.

Ford did a nice jo of the Bullitt interior, but an option to order heated seats and wrapped and stiched dash etc would have been nice.
I think that's what I found disappointing (and baffling). With the nice additions to the Bullitt interior (machine turned dash, thick wrapped steering wheel, etc), why REMOVE the option for the wrapped and stitched dash...and why make heated seats unavailable? Both are now available on the GT500, so it clearly wasn't strictly a performance decision.

Too bad you didn't wait, you could have had a Bullitt with the MRT exterior options
True, but the interior dilemma would remain.

Personally I'm happy theat exterior stuff is avaialble separately. I prefer the exterior of the Bullitt as it is.
And that's fine. Not every model is going to please every person. Some will want more, others less. At least the MRT option allows buyers to get a bit closer to the original car (twin-vented hood, etc.) if they so choose.

Personally, I think I might be inclined to consider one of the McQueen estate-authorized replicas of the original GT390 car when it comes out...if the price isn't too ridiculous. Actually, who am I kidding? Of course the price will be ridiculous.
Old 9/22/08, 10:52 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't think the HID's are related to DRL- there are other car models, some built by Ford that have HID's available in Canada. So there must be some other reason.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Features Question