2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

bullitt dash image-what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/07, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Other than the GT500s, I'm sure you'll find all 5.4 production is allocated to trucks, and Ford will not do anythig to hinder the truck production.

How much would a 5.4 raise the price of a Mustang? The standard transmission would have to be upgraded as well.
Easy answer ... about the same difference between the 4.6 and the 5.4 in the trucks.

SO WHAT THE TRANS WOULD HAVE TO BE UPGRADED ???

I'm not going to settle for less just because YOU can't afford more.

There now ... how's that?
Old 11/17/07, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The flip side: ...but why constantly rub the likes for what Ford did in the faces of the disappointed whose expectations and dreams were dashed? .
Good point ... VERY valid point ... Of all Mustangs to short-change WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS ONE ~ ???

It's understandable how abundant criticism of the car can be interpreted by a prospective owner as an insult ...
Kind of have to wonder about those buyers that would be wounded so deeply. I know if I paid so much for something that I truly wanted I sure wouldn't let what somebody else says cause me to feel insulted (but you're right ... those folks are out there ... sad ... very sad).
Old 11/17/07, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't like the dash. It doesn't match the interior at all, it clashes with the IUP and not to mention looks ridiculously gaudy, cheap, and tasteless.

And future Bullitt owners, don't reply to the haters. You're feeding the trolls.
If you love the car, then stand strong, and keep your chin up.

But the Bullitt is a horrible, horrible scam.
Old 11/17/07, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

Originally Posted by Whammer
Edited.
My question is ... If this person bothers you so much why don't you just put them on ignore?
Old 11/17/07, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Strange where they chose to spend the $$$. They were other unique ways, probably more fitting for such an icon.
Exactly ... could've (should've) instead put the money towards offering a 5.4 and a T56 as options (not that it should cost all that much more anyway).

BUT ... THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE ~ !!!
Old 11/17/07, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally Posted by n00bstang
I don't like the dash. It doesn't match the interior at all, it clashes with the IUP and not to mention looks ridiculously gaudy, cheap, and tasteless.

And future Bullitt owners, don't reply to the haters. You're feeding the trolls.

Very correctly put ... my compliments to you !!!
Old 11/17/07, 06:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a good match and blends well with the other aluminum accents. I like the fact it is unique and on no other Ford.
Dude, 2 Shelbys!??

Old 11/17/07, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by boss 244
What do you think of the texture on the Bullitt's dash?
http://www.themustangnews.com/photos...ov-07bul14.jpg
If FORD thinks they pulled off a great idea with this dash then fine, but I feel they could offer an optional woodgrained dash along with a brushed stainless option also.

This car has so few options (compared to 1967 - 1969 Mustangs) it is sad. Buyers have become so complacent with the lack of options as compared to the old days it is absolutely ridiculous.

AND YES ... I AM TIRED OF THE GAMES AND I WANT THE OLD DAYS BACK ~ !!!
Old 11/17/07, 06:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it. I wish my car had it. But, I'm not going to trade mine in on a bullet.
Old 11/17/07, 06:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
Easy answer ... about the same difference between the 4.6 and the 5.4 in the trucks.

SO WHAT THE TRANS WOULD HAVE TO BE UPGRADED ???

I'm not going to settle for less just because YOU can't afford more.

There now ... how's that?
It's not about what I can afford. An NA 5.4 would be nice in the Bullitt. It's about what Ford will do. Read what I said, they will not divert production from trucks to the Mustang line. This same issue came up a few years back when people were asking why the 5.4 wasn't used in teh Marauder. Truck production takes precedence, and only so much production is budgeted for.

Don't be too surprised though if it's what is being planned for a Mach 1 or BOSS SE, which is probably teh next on teh list.
Old 11/17/07, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Whammer
You make it sound like it's just stickers and paint.

It basically is just stickers and paint ... (what can you say ... ???)

Have you been reading any of the reviews?

Yes, have you ??? (Do you ALWAYS believe everything you read ... ???)

This is the FIRST production mustang from Ford with a CAI- and the **** thing will run on reg. or premium, it adjusts automatically. Can you name any other car that can do that?

WHO CARES ... ??? The expense to develop this DOES NOT justify the lack of a 5.4 engine option.

You've got 3.73 gears, improved shocks and struts for better handling than the GT or the SGT, amazing exhaust, improving braking performance, GT500 seats and steering wheel and much more.

YEA ... MORE OFF-THE-SHELF PARTS ... (ROFLMAO) ... I can do those myself.

I don't mind people voicing an opinion but when folks just dismiss the car by saying it's just a sticker job- they make themselves look completely foolish, and their comments are born out of anger and not intelligent comment.

I don't think you're qualified to determine if somebody is foolish or not (think about what YOU just said, and what I just said ... read it back to yourself out loud and see how you sound), besides, this type of rhetoric is NOT what this type of forum is for.

I don't think anyone cares whether you "mind" about them voicing their opinion(s) or not. I know I sure don't.
Old 11/17/07, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Smile

It's not about what I can afford. An NA 5.4 would be nice in the Bullitt. It's about what Ford will do. Read what I said, they will not divert production from trucks to the Mustang line. This same issue came up a few years back when people were asking why the 5.4 wasn't used in teh Marauder. Truck production takes precedence, and only so much production is budgeted for.

Don't be too surprised though if it's what is being planned for a Mach 1 or BOSS SE, which is probably teh next on teh list.
This was good ... you disgree like an intellectual. My compliments to you.

I appreciate your response and if you don't mind I'll respond with courtesy a little later.

THANKS AGAIN ~ !!!
Old 11/17/07, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

The flip side: ...but why constantly rub the likes for what Ford did in the faces of the disappointed whose expectations and dreams were dashed? I direct my points toward the car and Ford, the exception being when comments are directed at me instead of the contents of points made.

It's understandable how abundant criticism of the car can be interpreted by a prospective owner as an insult but also fail to grasp how anyone would expect years of waiting to be turned off and forgotten in two weeks. Eventually the storm will pass and everyone will get over it.
That is where those who are 'disappointed' are being emotional over this car, anything positive said about it is taken as an insult to their "disappointment".
As I said, no one can say they like the car without some level of critism for declaring that they do.

Those whose expectations and dreams were dashed have to deal with the reality of the car, not lash out at those who think Ford 'hit the mark'.

As some have said and others come to realise, what people were expecting was blown too far out of proportion, and none of it came from unmet promises by Ford. This SE is a Bullit tribute car, not a Mach 1 or BOSS. I suspect the latter two is what some wanted and expected it to be. This SE isn't, they need to get over it and watch for the next one.
Ford knows it has to meet upcoming challenges from Chrysler and GM.
Old 11/17/07, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
This was good ... you disgree like an intellectual. My compliments to you.

I appreciate your response and if you don't mind I'll respond with courtesy a little later.

THANKS AGAIN ~ !!!
No problem and thank you

I guess I just didn't explain it well enough in the first post.
Old 11/17/07, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

I knew I should have taken typing lessons
Old 11/17/07, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by n00bstang

My understanding, and from what I can tell from pictures, is that the dash is not a 'bright' finish, but a darkend, as Ford puts it 'gun metal' finish.
A bright finish would be completely wrong.
Old 11/17/07, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

I knew I should have taken typing lessons
Maybe not as much that as I need new glasses ... ROFLMAO
Old 11/17/07, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

I'm definately interested in seeing the dash in person. I've heard it looks much better in person than it does in pics, so we'll see...
Old 11/17/07, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

The ignore list- didn't even know there was that feature? But I do now. That's a pretty good feature.
Ignore engaged!
Old 11/17/07, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

love the dash....that, along with the other interior touches go a long way towards brightening up an otherwise dark and drab interior while at the same time lending a more upscale feel.

Quick Reply: bullitt dash image-what do you think?