2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

bullitt dash image-what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/07, 02:02 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, don't like it. doesn't go with the theme of "understated" like the rest of the car - it would be like Frank Bullitt wearing some shiny jewelry or sporting a medallion... maybe a titanium grey version of the IUP dash or something not as "hey look at me!" would have worked better. and no, fake wood is a no-go too.
Old 11/17/07, 05:11 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
You make it sound like it's just stickers and paint. Have you been reading any of the reviews?
This is the FIRST production mustang from Ford with a CAI- and the **** thing will run on reg. or premium, it adjusts automatically. Can you name any other car that can do that?
You've got 3.73 gears, improved shocks and struts for better handling than the GT or the SGT, amazing exhaust, improving braking performance, GT500 seats and steering wheel and much more.

I don't mind people voicing an opinion but when folks just dismiss the car by saying it's just a sticker job - they make themselves look completely foolish, and their comments are born out of anger and not intelligent comment.
What does your approach make you then?

You are no more credible or your points substantiated by offending or getting personal with karman or anyone else for that matter. You and your three compadres have made it a point to offend and get personal with anyone who critisizes the Bullitt when you would not have the ***** to do it face to face.

It's time you figure out TMS is not a totalitarian site which in case you didn't know is a reason there will be different opinions expressed whether you like them or not. If you are as intelligent as you imply you are it should not be too difficult to understand.

I've read your comments at IMBOC, your points of views have been repeated countless times with little or no opposition. The one constant has been I haven't found any of your posts where you call anyone any names or make assuptions on who or what they are. It's puzzling why if you are getting completely different reactions from two different sites while you repeatedly post identical opinions what enjoyment you get from the haggling you perpetuate here when it is obvious you have refuge there.

It took me one post at IMBOC to realize I shouldn't be there while you redundantly post here and you don't get it.
Old 11/17/07, 07:58 AM
Cobra R Member

This is the Bullitt sub-forum! I'm not sure why you can't understand that most people who post here are interested in the Bullitt? You and Hollywood come here in an effort to stir up trouble.

When people throw out comments that this car is just a sticker job I know they are either uniformed or looking to cause trouble.
The points I make about the car are backed up by facts- not just a knee jerk emotional reaction (like many of the criticisms are).

As for saying things face-to-face. I'm an easy going guy and don't look to start trouble. I say the following not to brag or boast, just simply stating a reality. I'm 6'3", 215lbs. and I've trained and taught martial arts for 20+ years (WW II combatives and Brazilian jiu-jitsu), so getting physical doesn't bother me.
Old 11/17/07, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

Smile

The Bullitt information area is becoming a JOKE. I joined to receive accurate knowledge prior to ordering my Bullitt. now that I have made my decision to place the order, I will depart. The new Black bullitt will reside in the barn next to the 2001 Black Bullitt and Black 1968 Coupe. I am very happy that all the affluent members of this great site have paid for my toys. Have a nice day.
Old 11/17/07, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
What does your approach make you then?

You are no more credible or your points substantiated by offending or getting personal with karman or anyone else for that matter. You and your three compadres have made it a point to offend and get personal with anyone who critisizes the Bullitt when you would not have the ***** to do it face to face.

It's time you figure out TMS is not a totalitarian site which in case you didn't know is a reason there will be different opinions expressed whether you like them or not. If you are as intelligent as you imply you are it should not be too difficult to understand.

I've read your comments at IMBOC, your points of views have been repeated countless times with little or no opposition. The one constant has been I haven't found any of your posts where you call anyone any names or make assuptions on who or what they are. It's puzzling why if you are getting completely different reactions from two different sites while you repeatedly post identical opinions what enjoyment you get from the haggling you perpetuate here when it is obvious you have refuge there.

It took me one post at IMBOC to realize I shouldn't be there while you redundantly post here and you don't get it.
Are you serious? Perhaps you should re read the posts of you and your one compadre.

TMS it would seem is not a totalitarian site, that is as long as everyone new agrees with your opinion and your 'comadre's opinion of the Bullitt.

I hope both of you are enjoying yourselves. Every board has at least one resident Troll I suppose, they are usually identified by high post count, holier than thou attitude and bully tactics, especially toward 'newbies'.

You and your compadre have made incessant comment against the Bullitt. You have also made incessant attack and comment toward anyone who does like it. Everyone gets it, you two don't particualy like what Ford has done with it.
You two just can't stand that there are some peope who actually express that Ford did a good job with this car? Everyone else should have just remained silent after you and your compadre spoke?
Your compadre calls it 'Sorority hazing'. Does it have an end?

To your own credit you have said it is probably the best of the SE Mustangs. I don't know if it is, but it is the one that appeals to me, and it would seem, a few others.

Maybe someone can tell us, under what conditions, other than the rules of the bioard, are new and potential new Bullitt owners welcome at TMC?
Old 11/17/07, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
it would be like Frank Bullitt wearing some shiny jewelry or sporting a medallion... maybe a titanium grey version of the IUP dash or something not as "hey look at me!" would have worked better.
I agree. My only guess is Ford wanted a Bullitt-unique dash that was quite unlike what has been previously available for the Mustang and this is what they settled on. I think a burled wood dash could also go either way. I think it could look good, but I could also see it looking strange in a modern Mustang.
Old 11/17/07, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Moonshiner
The Bullitt information area is becoming a JOKE. I joined to receive accurate knowledge prior to ordering my Bullitt. now that I have made my decision to place the order, I will depart. The new Black bullitt will reside in the barn next to the 2001 Black Bullitt and Black 1968 Coupe. I am very happy that all the affluent members of this great site have paid for my toys. Have a nice day.
Yes it is, and I'm beginning to see why in 2001 IMBOC came into existence.

Sad state of affairs.
Old 11/17/07, 02:06 PM

... I'm 6'3", 215lbs. and I've trained and taught martial arts for 20+ years (WW II combatives and Brazilian jiu-jitsu), so getting physical doesn't bother me.
One would think such a special specimen would show a little more compusure.
Old 11/17/07, 02:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No kidding, a more relavant arguement would've been "I've 5'3", 110lbs and have taught a computer class for 15years, so online fights don't scare me."
Old 11/17/07, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by RCSignals
... Maybe someone can tell us, under what conditions, other than the rules of the bioard, are new and potential new Bullitt owners welcome at TMC?
Simple. The topics are about the car not individuals, its upgrades or its shortcomings. Compliments or criticism are directed at the car not at who likes or dislikes it, or who buys it and who doesn't. There will be opposing views every car and it won't change but getting personal is pointless.

On BON back in '01 the Cobra guys pounded on the Bullitt merciless but some of their points were right on the money. Some members couldn't handle it and migrated, I recognized its reality, stayed, and got over it. I had my Bullitt, didn't take it their criticism personal, and got along fine, eventually building some good relationships which still exist today some on this very site.
Old 11/17/07, 03:21 PM
Cobra R Member

You just can't stop can you? You've always got to try and get one last shot in.
I can't believe the mods on this forum even allow you to post anymore.
Instead of being a ghost over at IMBOC why don't you post something there. Naw, you'd rather just spy and then run back here and try and stir up more kaka
Old 11/17/07, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love it!
Old 11/17/07, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

Originally Posted by boss 244
What do you think of the texture on the Bullitt's dash?
http://www.themustangnews.com/photos...ov-07bul14.jpg
It's acceptable. Best would've been the original-type woodgrain, or brushed stainless, or black camera case-type that was offered in 67-68.

One of the two original BULLITT 68 cars had a woodgrain dash.

Leave it to Ford to say they can't afford to put a 5.4 engine in the car (after 7 years of being able to make improvements over the last BULLITT, one of which I currently own) yet they'll spend a fortune on new tooling to enhance the looks of a part of the car that is for the most part meaningless.

YEA ... makes great sense to me ...
Old 11/17/07, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
No kidding, a more relavant arguement would've been "I've 5'3", 110lbs and have taught a computer class for 15years, so online fights don't scare me."

ROFLMAO ... (good one) ...
Old 11/17/07, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
black camera case-type that was offered in 67-68.
I think I would've liked that the best. People probably would've said it looked cheap though. That seems to be a common complaint regarding the Mustang's interior.
Old 11/17/07, 04:26 PM

EDITED
I understand TMS forum rules, such as overiding the language barriers. MODS can't read every post but if one does I guarantee you will not be perceived as amusing, regardless of your stature.
Old 11/17/07, 04:43 PM
Cobra Member

Simple. The topics are about the car not individuals, its upgrades or its shortcomings. Compliments or criticism are directed at the car not at who likes or dislikes it, or who buys it and who doesn't. There will be opposing views every car and it won't change but getting personal is pointless.

On BON back in '01 the Cobra guys pounded on the Bullitt merciless but some of their points were right on the money. Some members couldn't handle it and migrated, I recognized its reality, stayed, and got over it. I had my Bullitt, didn't take it their criticism personal, and got along fine, eventually building some good relationships which still exist today some on this very site.
The 'personal' stuff started against anyone who declared a like or admiration of the car. Seems to a few of teh TMS veterans that a person is not allowed to like the new Bullitt without being called a fool, stupid, a blind Ford follower, etc.

Any response to a post that is negative to this Bullitt, whether that response is constructive about the car or to correct an error in information, does not seem to be acceptable, again to a very few TMS 'veterans'. How dare anyone have the gall to go against the negative opinions and not just 'fall in'!

I haven't seen so much negativity toward a Ford product, from supposed Ford fans, since the Marauder was released. Negativity as oposed to simple or constructive critisism. Then as well as with the Bullitt, to declare a liking for the car was met with attacks from the haters.

The Bullitt is here, not everyone is going to like it, and there will be people who do like it and will buy one. Don't want it, don't buy it, but why constantly rub dislike for what Ford did in the face of those who like it?
The Bullitt isn't the only choice for the Mustang, you'd think sometimes from people it was.
Old 11/17/07, 04:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
It's acceptable. Best would've been the original-type woodgrain, or brushed stainless, or black camera case-type that was offered in 67-68.

One of the two original BULLITT 68 cars had a woodgrain dash.

Leave it to Ford to say they can't afford to put a 5.4 engine in the car (after 7 years of being able to make improvements over the last BULLITT, one of which I currently own) yet they'll spend a fortune on new tooling to enhance the looks of a part of the car that is for the most part meaningless.

YEA ... makes great sense to me ...
Other than the GT500s, I'm sure you'll find all 5.4 production is allocated to trucks, and Ford will not do anythig to hinder the truck production.

How much would a 5.4 raise the price of a Mustang? The standard transmission would have to be upgraded as well.
Old 11/17/07, 04:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm 6'3", 215lbs. and I've trained and taught martial arts for 20+ years (WW II combatives and Brazilian jiu-jitsu), so getting physical doesn't bother me.
As an aside, I tried Brazilian jiu-jitsu and found it to be an amazing way to work on tactics and strength, up until I got hurt!

I had a 6'4" former Army instructor use me (I am 6'2") as "the training dummy" and man if he didn't take me down and pin me on my back so fast I saw stars!

Talk to me over at IMBOC!

PS - The dash looks good in person, in my opinion.
Old 11/17/07, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by RCSignals
... but why constantly rub dislike for what Ford did in the face of those who like it?
The flip side: ...but why constantly rub the likes for what Ford did in the faces of the disappointed whose expectations and dreams were dashed? I direct my points toward the car and Ford, the exception being when comments are directed at me instead of the contents of points made.

It's understandable how abundant criticism of the car can be interpreted by a prospective owner as an insult but also fail to grasp how anyone would expect years of waiting to be turned off and forgotten in two weeks. Eventually the storm will pass and everyone will get over it.

Quick Reply: bullitt dash image-what do you think?